Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I wonder if it would clear the hood on a 2720/2032R Classic since it's not hinged.

Look back at page 5 of this thread at the 3D render, the newer grill has a good bit of forward lean to it. Maybe it would clear because of the forward angle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Very cool modification. I had to make one for myself. It is great that you might be able to make these for others who don’t have time or skills to make their own.

I will be interested to see how much you sell them for. With the multiple compound angles, this took me longer to make than I would have expected. I’m no pro welder by any means though.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Painted. Meeting laser cutter this weekend. Will update whether that is the way to go or not. If it's a go we'll call them Brian's Brush Guards, BBG's Hahaha!
Any interest in fabricating a duplicate set and selling them to me? I would definitely be interested for my 2038R.....

Sincerely
Great work, Big.

Big,
This looks really great! And even better still, it is going to help us protect our investment from being damaged. As you probably know, I am doing a lot of land clearing and run the EA 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple on my 2038R... Within the first 30 days of running the grapple I already found damage to my black grill mesh from getting poked by a branch.... not surprised one bit. I have been looking for a product like this ever since. I plan on getting back to clearing and brush work in the spring. Like I said in post #6 of this thread, I look forward to picking up a set of these from you!

What about "Big Brian's Brush Guards", aka "Big BBGs", or "Big Bad BBGs"....LOL... the possibilities are endless...

Look forward to hearing from you about these Big Bad Brush Guards... Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Sincerely

PS. You might want to reconsider your idea to mount the expanded metal on the back side... From a strength standpoint I believe the expanded metal on the front side will withstand more impact force, and it might also look better cosmetically as opposed to looking at the angle iron frames.... Maybe if you mock one up and compare the two side-by-side?? Just my two cents for what it's worth..... Either way, nice job!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
PS. You might want to reconsider your idea to mount the expanded metal on the back side... From a strength standpoint I believe the expanded metal on the front side will withstand more impact force, and it might also look better cosmetically as opposed to looking at the angle iron frames.... Maybe if you mock one up and compare the two side-by-side?? Just my two cents for what it's worth..... Either way, nice job!!
Good point. And I would also be interested in a set of brush guards for my 2038R! :hi:

:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Good point. And I would also be interested in a set of brush guards for my 2038R! :hi:

:greentractorride:

I'll make it both ways. Wouldn't be hard to make that an option. I was just thinking about hiding the welds and the finished look of the expanded metal edge. When welded to the front side edge of expanded metal is kind of unruly. Not that big of a deal but we'll see.

Hopefully laser cutter gets me something soon, they said half of their employees were out with the flu last week. I have other laser quotes and powder coating quotes already in. Had to buy a 50lb bag of JD green powder.(min Order on custom color) They said it would cover 75 sets of the brush guards. Just a matter of getting price point down. JD sells a "Deluxe Brush Guard" on a different tractor for 360$. I will probably be below that. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
JD sells a "Deluxe Brush Guard" on a different tractor for 360$. I will probably be below that. We'll see.
I believe $360 is for the entire brush guard. Just to clarify, are you planning to sell an entire brush guard assy or just the expanded metal panel inserts ready to bolt into an existing brush guard?

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I see that one covers the two side areas as well. Below is one that only covers the top and bottom for $217.

View attachment 563633
Those two are pretty flat panels. The OEM guard on the 2017 2032/2038 have many compound angles...
much more difficult to produce. To clarify, this is not going to be me welding/bending/powder coating/laser cutting. These are all going to be subbed out to professionals. The last thing I want to do is sell you guys some Busch league product. Whatever the cost comes out to, is what it is. Definitely not going to get rich off 10 or so guards. If enough people want them then I can justify doing this. If not y'all are going to be on your own.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Those two are pretty flat panels. The OEM guard on the 2017 2032/2038 have many compound angles...
much more difficult to produce. To clarify, this is not going to be me welding/bending/powder coating/laser cutting. These are all going to be subbed out to professionals. The last thing I want to do is sell you guys some Busch league product. Whatever the cost comes out to, is what it is. Definitely not going to get rich off 10 or so guards. If enough people want them then I can justify doing this. If not y'all are going to be on your own.
Big,
Keep up the good work! Your fellow 2038R/2032R owners appreciate your efforts. Where do I send my payment for the very first production unit?

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Big,
What about "Big Brian's Brush Guards", aka "Big BBGs", or "Big Bad BBGs"....LOL... the possibilities are endless...

Big,
You probably know by reading my posts that I refer to my tractor as "BadAss". You have heard of the company named "Big Ass Fans"? What about "BadAss Brush Guards"?.... Sorry, my mind just won't let go of what to "brand" these things as......

Sincerely

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Big,

Big,
You probably know by reading my posts that I refer to my tractor as "BadAss". You have heard of the company named "Big Ass Fans"? What about "BadAss Brush Guards"?.... Sorry, my mind just won't let go of what to "brand" these things as......

Sincerely
BadAss Brush Guards! I love it! I'll most likely send a request from PayPal. Or you can send Via Paypal when the time comes.

For those who are interested in a set please PM so I can get a list going. Don't worry Joe, your first on the list.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Need 8 more people to get these brush guards going. Please Private Message me for details on price and details.

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
Is there a possibility of making these for the older style guards?

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Probably not. I was really just trying to get a decent price for multiple people that had a 2017 2032/2038 and needed a brush guard. Not looking to go into production for a new business venture, just figured I'd try to help out multiple people without tasking myself with building multiple guards. I priced all the "task's" laser cutting, bending, welding, and powder coating and a min of 10 would get the cost "affordable". If 20 people jumped on board than the cost would further reduce. For example to laser cut just one set it's around 400$ , for 10 it's 50$ a set, for 20 it levels out around 30$ and won't reduce any further. I will however be more than happy to help out with any ideas or brainstorming.

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Just paid for mine and ready to go!
I just had a realization today - My 2038R has the Front 3-Point Hitch which occupies some of the real estate where Brian's BadAss Brush Guard will be installed. We quickly collaborated and made a revision to the design to accommodate the Center Link attachment area.... See photos....

Sincerely

Deere 2038R 366FMB 013.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

61 - 80 of 113 Posts