Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I hope this forum can help me with? To start with I have followed this website for years and I enjoy and appreciate the wealth of knowledge shared on GTT. My question is on hydraulics of my new 2032r (2017). I have this new tractor and I want to adapt the power flow blower to a hydraulic motor instead of belt power off the mower deck, which is not a option on this new tractor.

I have every bell & whistle option on this tractor and was thinking the Continous flow hydraulic port would be a good option to power the blower. But I am not sure if this feature has the specs to operate the blower and operate the tractor at the same time?

Implement flow is rated at 5.3 gpm @ rated speed. Blower needs to spin 3400 rpm max. Is this possible? I know I can get a hyd motor to do what I want. But I am not sure about tractors hyd PSI on this port?

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
I don't have the service manual on the new 2032R but most of the Deere CUTs seem to run in the 2400-2600 PSI range. According to Tractordata.com your machine is supposed to be at 2421 psi. (I have no way to verify that!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jim for the reply. I do not have the tech manual yet, it is on order for the last few weeks. My owners manual states 2500 psi system relief pressure. But I am still not sure if this is max per port or if it is less if you are under power operating the hydrostatic xmsn. I am sure I can build the blower to run off a hyd motor. I am not sure if I can propel the tractor, power the MMM, and spin the blower hydraulicly all at the same time?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Basic formula is..
231×flow rate ÷ motor displacement = rpm.
Motor displacement is cubic inches per revolution.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'm curious...

Since you're obviously already going to be buying the powerflow unit ("I want to adapt the power flow blower to a hydraulic motor instead of belt power"), what is the benefit to trying to find an alternative power source for the blower motor? The tractor should have more than enough HP to turn the mower and blower (via belt, normally), so what will you gain? Not being critical, just not understanding the 'why' of it. Usually factory-designed systems are the most reliable and practical methods avilable.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
I'm curious...

Since you're obviously already going to be buying the powerflow unit ("I want to adapt the power flow blower to a hydraulic motor instead of belt power"), what is the benefit to trying to find an alternative power source for the blower motor? The tractor should have more than enough HP to turn the mower and blower (via belt, normally), so what will you gain? Not being critical, just not understanding the 'why' of it. Usually factory-designed systems are the most reliable and practical methods avilable.

Rob
The problem is that he's got the new (2017) 2032R and Deere doesn't have a Power Flow setup for those yet. There is no factory-designed system for him to buy/use. So instead of waiting for Deere to come out with the belt setup to drive the motor, replace the motor with a hydro motor and use the tractor's hydro system to drive it.

Reactions: joshn3448

·
Administrator
18,525 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My local dealer, service manager contacted me yesterday. He also could not answer my question but thought my hydraulic motor idea was a solution.

He is going to open a tech doc with John Deere on this issue. No idea where this will go, I am sure this will not happen fast. But at the least it is more exposure for the people who own this new model tractor who want the ability to use a MCS.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The problem is that he's got the new (2017) 2032R and Deere doesn't have a Power Flow setup for those yet. There is no factory-designed system for him to buy/use. So instead of waiting for Deere to come out with the belt setup to drive the motor, replace the motor with a hydro motor and use the tractor's hydro system to drive it.
If there is no deck and powerflow combo for the tractor how will a powerflow from another deck connect up to the deck? The deck requires several brackets/holes in order to hang the powerflow.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
If there is no deck and powerflow combo for the tractor how will a powerflow from another deck connect up to the deck? The deck requires several brackets/holes in order to hang the powerflow.
I dunno. I'm assuming he's planning on modifying a kit from another machine to try and make it fit. If someone is going to gut a power flow kit to replace the impeller drive belt system with a hydro motor, I'd assume they wouldn't balk at making up some brackets and drilling some holes to mount it.

Reactions: Big

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I did not explain all the details. I have already owned a previous power flow system. The blower attaches to the new deck. It only needs a simple mod anybody that owns a tractor could figure out. The problem is this is a drive over deck. The pulley for the power flow will interfere with the drive over feature. So the problem is no pulley for blower belt drive.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Sorry, I did not explain all the details. I have already owned a previous power flow system. The blower attaches to the new deck. It only needs a simple mod anybody that owns a tractor could figure out. The problem is this is a drive over deck. The pulley for the power flow will interfere with the drive over feature. So the problem is no pulley for blower belt drive.
Thanks for explaining.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
60” auto connect

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finished Prototype Hyd Power Flow blower

Finally found time to finish my Hydraulic Power Flow Blower. I have not had time to try it yet, hopefully this weekend. But all seems to work as predicted.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Nice build- it looks factory. I've heard that there are valves you are supposed to use with motors on these CUTS to keep from damaging the system if there is a problem with the motor. I think its called a cross-over relief?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It Works!

Well I finally found time to test my hydraulically powered powerflow blower. It worked as advertised. No issues at all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pictures of the blower at work

Here are some pictures of the lawn clippings

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts