Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Can anyone help me , i just installed the dual rear scv kit on my 2038r(2017) and i am trying to function a single acting hydraulic top link and i have tried all 4 ports and both leavers each way , none stroke the cylinder open but if i pull the rod out a few inches they will stroke it closed, should i be running this on bank 1 or 2 ? Continuous flow on if on bank 1 or no? Is the cylinder built wrong? Or am i misunderstanding, the hydraulic port is at the rod end of the cylinder, it came with a cement mixer,any advice would be great i know nothing about hydraulics, thanks

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Welcome.
I've never seen or heard of a SA top link cylinder, can you post a picture of it so we ca see what you have?

In theory, any of the connections should work to opers a SA cylinder but you will need force to retract the cylinder while holding the control in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I was just looking at those mixers yesterday.

Yep...gravity to dump....the cylinder pulls mixer back up.

1 hose.

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Duke has your answer, I missed the part about the cement mixer.
Since the hose is at the rod end, you can only power retract the cylinder, which is exactly what you said it will do if you pull it open some.

·
Premium Member
4,534 Posts
It would work but I don’t like single acting cylinders for one reason. Any oil that seeps past the piston will come out of the vent at the end of the stroke. Sure you can put an elbow on it but it comes out very fast and I just hate getting splattered with hydraulic oil.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hmmmm

since it has a vent...couldn't you plumb in a fitting for the "other" hose.

Just spitballing......:munch:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey all,
Can anyone help me , i just installed the dual rear scv kit on my 2038r(2017) and i am trying to function a single acting hydraulic top link and i have tried all 4 ports and both leavers each way , none stroke the cylinder open but if i pull the rod out a few inches they will stroke it closed, should i be running this on bank 1 or 2 ? Continuous flow on if on bank 1 or no? Is the cylinder built wrong? Or am i misunderstanding, the hydraulic port is at the rod end of the cylinder, it came with a cement mixer,any advice would be great i know nothing about hydraulics, thanks
Does your link cylinder have two hose connections? For in and out it needs two

·
Administrator
17,052 Posts
Hmmmm

since it has a vent...couldn't you plumb in a fitting for the "other" hose.

Just spitballing......:munch:
Depends on how the cylinder and seals are made, sometimes it's a standard DA cylinder with just a vent in the one port, but sometimes the rod end and wiper seals are not made to hold any pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts