Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, was wondering if anyone else out there has a Gator 825I, with spongy brakes. My unit is BRAND new with 4 wheel disc. They barely stop the gator and if you really stand on pedal, still can not lock up tires in stone driveway. Dealer says this is normal, but my 590I had excellent brakes.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks AK

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,680 Posts
Hi, was wondering if anyone else out there has a Gator 825I, with spongy brakes. My unit is BRAND new with 4 wheel disc. They barely stop the gator and if you really stand on pedal, still can not lock up tires in stone driveway. Dealer says this is normal, but my 590I had excellent brakes.Any info would be appreciated. Thanks AK
I need to see at least one picture of said Gator. :munch:
:lol:

Sounds like air to me. What's your take on the Dealer?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Could this photo be reversed? Shouldn't the flag be waving to the right?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,680 Posts
No I didnt know you had to. Can you advise on procedure to do ?
I knew my mouth would get the better of me. :lol:
Sorry, I have no clue with your unit.

But, if it were me, I'd do the master cylinder first then go to the farthest wheel from the master cylinder and do it then go to the next farthest wheel and so on.
You may have to do the wheels more than once.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I knew my mouth would get the better of me. :lol:
Sorry, I have no clue with your unit.

But, if it were me, I'd do the master cylinder first then go to the farthest wheel from the master cylinder and do it then go to the next farthest wheel and so on.
You may have to do the wheels more than once.
Well, being brand new i should not have to be bleeding brakes. BUT, pedal is very soft.

·
Registered
927 Posts
:hi: Welcome to GTT

Have you checked the brake fuid - and it doesn't mattr, that the 825i is brand new. But if the break pedal is too soft, there could be air in the system... Or has the 825i an ABS ?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Mine stops on a dime and will lock up all 4 on gravel. Pedal good and hard. I agree it sounds like air. Being brand new I would insist the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have a 2016 825i. My brake pedal is solid & stops without any problem. It was that way from day one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 2016 825i. My brake pedal is solid & stops without any problem. It was that way from day one.
Mine was horrible...but then I live in the Mountains and I have a very heavy Gator with all the trimmings..........after Burnishing them in I can lock all four on pavement. for what its worth

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,680 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your brakes most likely..you dealer probably did not ....so...YOU NEED TO BURNISH THEM IN ...it make's a huge difference . google brake Burnishing
I've done that with cars/pickups but never thought of doing it with a SxS. Worth a try.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Brake burnish is a "have to" on these. To burnish the brakes, do several high speed stops. Be careful and be aware of your stopping distance. Even if properly burnished, brakes can feel funny if the unit sits for a week or two.
If after burnishing you are not happy, take it to your dealer and insist, nicely, that it be corrected.
While yur there, test drive another one and compare.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mine stops on a dime and will lock up all 4 on gravel. Pedal good and hard. I agree it sounds like air. Being brand new I would insist the dealer look at it.
same here- no problems with braking whatsoever

1 - 20 of 20 Posts