Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference? I've done a Google search and didn't find much help. Can anyone tell me what the differences are if any?

·
Registered
176 Posts
More MONEY!!!!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
The only real noticeable changes are the new backhoe, new FEL and the forward leaning ROPS, which is also 91" high because JD engineers apparently didn't feel that 86.2" was quite high enough :banghead:

:lol:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was confused about them changing the ROPS - didn't they just come out with a factory-option cab enclosure? Wouldn't the ROPS design have a significant impact on the cab design to make it all fit?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I was confused about them changing the ROPS - didn't they just come out with a factory-option cab enclosure? Wouldn't the ROPS design have a significant impact on the cab design to make it all fit?
There is a cab but it isn't factory cab from what I have seen. It is dealer installed. I also believe it replaces the ROPS. Some cabs are designed to leave the ROPS in place and others eliminate it. If it is removed from what it looks like, it doesn't matter how tall it is.

·
Registered
706 Posts
What's the difference? I've done a Google search and didn't find much help. Can anyone tell me what the differences are if any?
120R loader
260B backhoe. The hoe sub-frame is different also.
Forward tilting ROPS
A rocker arm PTO switch instead of a pull out.
Some slight difference in the specs of the 3 point hitch
A relocated and different hood opening latch.
Different graphics on the mower cut height knob.
A different fuel cap.

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
120R loader
260B backhoe. The hoe sub-frame is different also.
Forward tilting ROPS
A rocker arm PTO switch instead of a pull out.
Some slight difference in the specs of the 3 point hitch
A relocated and different hood opening latch.
Tool box has been re-located.
Different graphics on the mower cut height knob.
A different fuel cap.
What I noticed is there is no longer a lock position but yet the manual still states to lock it in the transport position after removing the MMM. I've looked underneath mine to see if there is a mechanical lock and can't see one so my guess is to just leave it in the highest setting unless someone can help with that.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
How does a rocker switch work for the RIO nonsense?

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
Haven't had a chance to mow or use it yet, but might look into bypassing that.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
It is like a 3 position rocker switch. The middle position is PTO on for the RIO, press and hold on it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
It is like a 3 position rocker switch. The middle position is PTO on for the RIO, press and hold on it.
Sounds like it is a momentary switch type action........... Is it on, run, off?

Does one need to press something (assume not pulling up on knob) to keep engine running when backing up with mower deck on?

Questions answered as Jimmyth was inputting answer as I was questioning.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Sounds like it is a momentary switch type action........... Is it on, run, off?

Does one need to press something (assume not pulling up on knob) to keep engine running when backing up with mower deck on?

Questions answered as Jimmyth was inputting answer as I was questioning.
Yeah you press and hold while backing.

This is the 2025R but this is the new switch.

[video]https://youtu.be/8XbO8NyyYn8?t=357[/video]

·
Registered
176 Posts
I noticed that if you press rocker forward when you first start to back up you can release it and still continue backwards and PTO will stay running. That's with my front mounted snowblower.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I noticed that if you press rocker forward when you first start to back up you can release it and still continue backwards and PTO will stay running. That's with my front mounted snowblower.
Yeah, if you keep backing up you don't have to hold it to keep the pto running.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Even the old switches are that way. My X585 used to be like that before it was modified.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You should have a connector on the part that holds the driveshaft in the front that plugs into your tractor which makes it so you are able to back up without it shutting off. I had one on my X730 and my 1025R for the snowblower.

·
Registered
34 Posts
All JD RIO systems will “latch” so you can let go of the button while you back up. You get used to it quickly.

Be glad you have this ability at all. Some idiot judge just fined JD $12M because someone backed over a kid, and the mower had RIO. JD is appealing, though.

Back on topic, the changes for 2018 aren’t deal breakers over a 2017 unless you need a BH. New BH is sweet!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
All JD RIO systems will “latch” so you can let go of the button while you back up. You get used to it quickly.

Be glad you have this ability at all. Some idiot judge just fined JD $12M because someone backed over a kid, and the mower had RIO. JD is appealing, though.

Back on topic, the changes for 2018 aren’t deal breakers over a 2017 unless you need a BH. New BH is sweet!
Not a deal breaker but did they change the way you open the side panels or is that only on the new 2025R. I thought it takes a screwdriver or something to get the side panels off where the new 2025R at least has pins you can pull without tools. I was watching videos on the 2025R but not sure if those changes are across the board. Normally they will do it across all of them but not always the same model year.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Not a deal breaker but did they change the way you open the side panels or is that only on the new 2025R. I thought it takes a screwdriver or something to get the side panels off where the new 2025R at least has pins you can pull without tools. I was watching videos on the 2025R but not sure if those changes are across the board. Normally they will do it across all of them but not always the same model year.
The side panels on the new 1025r can be taken off without tools. Here is a video of some dufus showing that. :mocking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkvfVGzl5sk&t=8s

1 - 20 of 29 Posts