Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

My Z915E periodically blows out a plume of blue smoke :dunno:

Its done it about 4-5 times in the year I've owned it. Its always after I've ran the mower for a while, turned it off for dinner then come back out to finish. Rings never seated? I'm hoping its still under warranty....

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
Hey guys

My Z915E periodically blows out a plume of blue smoke :dunno:

Its done it about 4-5 times in the year I've owned it. Its always after I've ran the mower for a while, turned it off for dinner then come back out to finish. Rings never seated? I'm hoping its still under warranty....
Normal. :good2:

The Kohler has a reputation for doing that. It’s not harmful and doesn’t do it every time. Mine did it from day one. Dealers and other power equipment manufacturers know this is more of a characteristic of these engines than a real issue.

Keep an eye on the oil level. It’s normal for any air cooled engine to use some oil. If it gets excessive or blows smoke all the time or on every start, then I’d start talking to the dealer.

If it stays the same, smile, pull up on the PTO knob and push the sticks forward! :good2:

·
Premium Member
10,184 Posts
Mine does the same thing, especially until it is warmed up and under a load.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
My Kawasaki on the Z950R and X585 also do it. It doesn't take much oil to make a bunch of smoke.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,152 Posts
Or Z915B will also do it occasionally. The smoke stinks also. :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
It's doing a good thing. It's help keeping the "skeeters" away. My 2013 Z710A with 23 hp Kohler has done that from day one. It doesn't do the smoking bit" all the time...start ups. I don't think it is oil..,. it's unburned gas left in the cylinder heads at shutdown. I never have had to
add oil between changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts