Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my 2018 1025R FIL. May add a backhoe down the road. The question I have is about the tektite cab. I have a line on a brand new 2016 Tektite cab for the 1025R. Actually the tag in the cab says 1023E/1025R/1026R

Will this cab fit my 2018 1025R? I'm curious because of the subtle changes between the model years. Such as the forward leaning ROPS which I read was just a modified upper section. The price is right for the none current cab.

Your help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I just picked up my 2018 1025R FIL. May add a backhoe down the road. The question I have is about the tektite cab. I have a line on a brand new 2016 Tektite cab for the 1025R. Actually the tag in the cab says 1023E/1025R/1026R

Will this cab fit my 2018 1025R? I'm curious because of the subtle changes between the model years. Such as the forward leaning ROPS which I read was just a modified upper section. The price is right for the none current cab.

Your help will be appreciated.
Yes it will fit Basically there are no changes to the Cab. I Talked with the engineering team earlier this year and they told me they didn't need to Make any changes to the existing 1 series Cab to work on the 1025R's with the Forward ROPS. The Only new Cab they had to come out with was for the 2025R(Gen II) I Just Ordered a Cab for My 2025R 2025R(Gen II) that is Backhoe Compatible I will see it In January as it a 2 month lead time On at Least the 2025R(Gen II) Cab.

But is the Tektite Cab your looking at is it Backhoe Compatible Cab?

Because they actually Make two different Cabs for the 1025R! One is Backhoe Compatible the other one is not Backhoe Compatible. So Keep that In Mind

The Cab You Need is Model Number JD1026-019 if You want to use the backhoe with the Cab. If the Cab is Model Number JD1026-001 it is not Compatible with the Backhoe

Hope this helps :bigthumb:

·
Registered
447 Posts
The top half of the ROPS is removed and not re-installed on the TekTite Cab as the CAB it self is in ROPS compliance. You can keep the top half or sell it if someone wants to up the date on their older 102X series.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
The top half of the ROPS is removed and not re-installed on the TekTite Cab as the CAB it self is in ROPS compliance. You can keep the top half or sell it if someone wants to up the date on their older 102X series.
I would not sell the TOP half of Your ROPS Someone may want that when it time to sell the tractor(i.e Dealer) Because who Knows what type of condition he thinks you cab is in. In 15 years or so or the next owner may want to take off the Cab seasonally

Secondly I highly doubt anybody wants the top half of the Forward ROPS:banghead:(Because I think we all want to shoot the Deere Engineer who thought it was a good Idea in the first Place):lolol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would not sell the TOP half of Your ROPS Someone may want that when it time to sell the tractor(i.e Dealer) Because who Knows what type of condition he thinks you cab is in. In 15 years or so or the next owner may want to take off the Cab seasonally

Secondly I highly doubt anybody wants the top half of the Forward ROPS:banghead:(Because I think we all want to shoot the Deere Engineer who thought it was a good Idea in the first Place):lolol:

I highly recommend it, my dealer will not even take it in their shop without the rops installed. I took the top half of mine off when I first got it, first time it went to the shop afterwards the driver wouldn't even load it without it in place.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I highly recommend it, my dealer will not even take it in their shop without the rops installed. I took the top half of mine off when I first got it, first time it went to the shop afterwards the driver wouldn't even load it without it in place.
Well with the Tektite Cab. The Top section can't go on with the Cab. So as Long as He's Got the Cab on for service. He should be good Because the Cab meets ROPS standards OSHA 1928 and CSA B352 ROPS requirements:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
What Sergeant said, You can't install either style ROPS top half with the cab installed and the Cab has the required certification sticker installed showing ROPS certification. It is located on the top of the cab on the drivers side next to the model and serial number. My cab is serial number 033 so it is an early model but the certification has not changed since my purchase in March 2013. If you intend to remove the cab you will need the top half, but after installing my cab myself, I will not be removing it for general use, it is just to much work for this old man

Reactions: Sergeant

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
What Sergeant said, You can't install either style ROPS top half with the cab installed and the Cab has the required certification sticker installed showing ROPS certification. It is located on the top of the cab on the drivers side next to the model and serial number. My cab is serial number 033 so it is an early model but the certification has not changed since my purchase in March 2013. If you intend to remove the cab you will need the top half, but after installing my cab myself, I will not be removing it for general use, it is just to much work for this old man
Question Besides Taking Your Doors off Do You remove all the other windows and windshield In the warmer Months?

·
Registered
447 Posts
No, I just have my son remove the doors. I have thought about adding the thumb screws to the back window to make it easier to remove like the backhoe model rear window, but still haven't decided how to hold the nuts on the inside. I have not seen any clear pictures of the TLB model to see if I can adapt my non-TLB unit to that mod. Removing the doors so far has been all I need for my use.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
No, I just have my son remove the doors. I have thought about adding the thumb screws to the back window to make it easier to remove like the backhoe model rear window, but still haven't decided how to hold the nuts on the inside. I have not seen any clear pictures of the TLB model to see if I can adapt my non-TLB unit to that mod. Removing the doors so far has been all I need for my use.
If the inside metal has sufficient thickness, you may want to consider installing a Helicoil to replace the nut. If thin, would you be able to install a "U"-clip nut over the hole, to replace the nut?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Metal definitely not thick enough for a Heli-Coil, I am not sure about the U-Nuts. I believe the U-Nuts are what TekTite uses on the TLB model but looking at the U-Nuts I have on my Cab, I am not sure they could be used. I be-leave they re-designed the window mounting tabs to use U-Nuts, I just don't have any inside pictures of the TLB model to see exactly what they did. Nothing will happen before Late April or Early May when the doors again come off for the summer. Last year it was late May before all the snow was gone and I felt I could go to the summer configuration.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Metal definitely not thick enough for a Heli-Coil, I am not sure about the U-Nuts. I believe the U-Nuts are what TekTite uses on the TLB model but looking at the U-Nuts I have on my Cab, I am not sure they could be used. I be-leave they re-designed the window mounting tabs to use U-Nuts, I just don't have any inside pictures of the TLB model to see exactly what they did. Nothing will happen before Late April or Early May when the doors again come off for the summer. Last year it was late May before all the snow was gone and I felt I could go to the summer configuration.
Yeah, you're singing to the choir. It was May before the last of the snow was gone and the ice went out here. The lake froze over the first week in November this year. A month earlier than last year. Every winter I ask myself why I stay here. Must be for the low taxes. :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
I have Lived and traveled all over the world. I am never leaving the Midwest again If I can help it. I like My 4 seasons Though officially IL only has two seasons Winter & Construction:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts