Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 1025R TLB and planning to upgrade it to a 2018 with 260B BH. Dealer also has a 2018 2025R in stock. The 1025R is perfect size for my needs as I have larger loader tractor. However I find the ride pretty rough and am wondering if the larger tires on the 2025 would help that. Also does anyone have specs on the 3 point lift height comparison of the 2. I understand the 1025 doesn't lift very high from Tractor Tim's videos. Will have a quick hitch on new tractor. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
The 3PH on both the 1025R and 2025R are listed as "Limited Cat 1" which to me means they both have pretty much the same limitations when it comes to lifting height. The 2025R does have a higher lift capacity at 882 lbs. vs 681 lbs. for the 1025R.

I would expect the slightly larger tires to be a little bit of an improvement when it comes to the ride. But if you have a field that is too rough for the 1025R it is going to be too rough for the 2025R. My 2720 has even larger tires and the ride is pretty brutal in a rough field.

You need to have much taller tires before they start to really smooth out the ride. My old 9N had 13.8 x 28 tires and it ran very smooth in the same field which is bone jarring on the 2720. The lighter weight of these little tractors doesn't help the ride quality either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply. I wonder how it gets increased lift capacity. It would be nice if it from extra had pressure that it would translate to increased backhoe capacity

·
Premium Member
12,721 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I wonder how it gets increased lift capacity
1025R - 6.2 gpm @ 2000 psi
2025R - 7 gpm @ 2150 psi

I would imagine there could also be a slight difference in the 3PH internal hydraulic cylinder and lift arm geometry.

·
Premium Member
13,642 Posts
1025R - 6.2 gpm @ 2000 psi
2025R - 7 gpm @ 2150 psi

I would imagine there could also be a slight difference in the 3PH internal hydraulic cylinder and lift arm geometry.
The 2025R is also heavier than a 1 series so they are able to give it more lift capacity.

Reactions: Supertech

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hoping that the bigger tires will give the 3pt height 3 more inches. It definitely adds to the ground clearance for the tractor. Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I wonder how it gets increased lift capacity
I was told that the lift ‘geometry’ was changed which provided the improved lift capacity. I got this from Deere Product Mgr for 2-series at the time.

Tim

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I currently own a 1025R TLB and planning to upgrade it to a 2018 with 260B BH. Dealer also has a 2018 2025R in stock. The 1025R is perfect size for my needs as I have larger loader tractor. However I find the ride pretty rough and am wondering if the larger tires on the 2025 would help that. Also does anyone have specs on the 3 point lift height comparison of the 2. I understand the 1025 doesn't lift very high from Tractor Tim's videos. Will have a quick hitch on new tractor. Thanks
I believe you will experience better lift height with the 2025r, but I cannot confirm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts