Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also am enjoying my new tractor. About the hydraulic speed my dealer had both 2018 1025R as well as 2025R running and we compared the loader lift speeds at the same throttle setting and they seemed identicle. Also I have found there lift cap on the exact same load which I was just able to lift with the 1025 seems the same also. A little disappointed with that. It is smoother to ride and in the snowy icy ruts we have these days the big wheels are better and it doesn't get bogged down in snow as easily. The ground clearance will make a big difference. As posted before the visibility is very nice. Another thing is the travel speed. Whereas with 1025 I normally stayed in H range for most everything the 2025 travels 50% faster in either range so I tend to do loader work in low range on the 2025. The increased travel speed in H 12mph will be appreciated. I find the engine a fair bit noisier on the 2025R which seems strange. It looks like they had my wishlist when they made the improvements on the 260B. The backhoe while I was playing with it is smoother and the cushion on the boom cylinder works very nice. The workmanship especially the welding is much better on the 260B. I wondered if the loader control valve is also better for doing 2 motions at the same time. The reason I changed was at first for the better backhoe but once I saw the 2025R I went up to that level. I also added a thumb. I loved the 1025R so this one has big shoes to fill. The 1025 was definitely nicer to jump on and off of. Nice to have a step on the 2025 and it does need it. I would like to have wheel spacers as well. Thanks to Tim Marks for his videos. He and his family have made tractor shopping a lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,599 Posts
I can agree and appreciate most of this along with you, I jumped from a 1023 to the 2025 a few weeks ago and it is quite a difference. The step is a must, I can do it without but it sure is nice to have the step there. The visibility when doing FEL is very noticeable and much better on the larger tractor as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts