Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of a 2018 2025r, 60" mmm and front loader today. What diy mods/upgrades, if any, should I be looking into?

It's been a few years since I've been on here so forgive me on how many times it's been discussed.

Does anyone make a real suspension seat for these? I'm 230lbs and bottom out the seat just sitting on it. I had some springs I bought from a guy on here for my 1026, but that's been years ago. Are they still a thing or is there something new on the block for a plusher ride?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I think you can still get the springs. I’m a bigger guy to and have been tempted to try a set.
Do you have ballast? Filled tires? That’s a good place to start. Forks are also really nice to have.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Congratulations, There is a thread on pump door shims from Amazon. I bought one and it works awesome. Also have the Bolt on Hooks heavy duty springs.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Reactions: navistar82

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think these will work for the gen 2 2025r

Yup, that was them. I think those are newer ones than I had for my 1026, I don't remember them being rated that heavy and they were bare spring steel, no zinc coating. Thanks for the other replies, I'll definitely get some pallet forks, I wanted them for my 1026 just never pulled the trigger. I have a ballast box, no filled tires though.

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
12,771 Posts
Buy one of these and insert it into the seat supension area, from the back side of the seat, so you can keep the pump ball out of the way. This will make an amazing difference. I wish I was 230 pounds and using this low cost tool, no more spine jarring bottoming out when using the tractor.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Same boat as you. Got mine last month. First mod was converting all the lights to LEDs and do the air cleaner update.

Head Lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F9VDCP5
Tail Lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NQ8YYQJ
Work Lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ9MZH0
Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089QYHPXC
What is the air cleaner update?
Buy one of these and insert it into the seat supension area, from the back side of the seat, so you can keep the pump ball out of the way. This will make an amazing difference. I wish I was 230 pounds and using this low cost tool, no more spine jarring bottoming out when using the tractor.

[/URL]
That's a pretty nifty idea, I'll definitely look into this over the springs because they were at pain to put in on my 1026.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations, There is a thread on pump door shims from Amazon. I bought one and it works awesome. Also have the Bolt on Hooks heavy duty springs.
How much did you pump up the pillow to get started, half way, maxed out or just have to play with it depending on body weight?

·
Registered
22 Posts

That's a pretty nifty idea, I'll definitely look into this over the springs because they were at pain to put in on my 1026.

Here's one of several threads that talks about it. Early 2018 2025R Gen 2 air filter relocation.

Some have experienced their bracket breaking and some had "catastrophic failure". It doesn't apply to all 2018 2025R models. If you had one manufactured later in the year, you should be OK.

Here's a video in regards to that -

·
Registered
239 Posts
you mean the almost famous "butt burrito:p" and yes between the 2 (kens springs and airbag) it smooths the ride out (y)

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
239 Posts
How much did you pump up the pillow to get started, half way, maxed out or just have to play with it depending on body weight?
just have to play with it

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I relocated the 4x4 lever off the floor to your side. Was easy swap. Guy on eBay sells the replacement lever. If your big guy like me it’s way better than trying to do a toe touch putting it in 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I relocated the 4x4 lever off the floor to your side. Was easy swap. Guy on eBay sells the replacement lever. If your big guy like me it’s way better than trying to do a toe touch putting it in 4 wheel drive.

I will definitely look into this. I'm 6'6" and 230lbs. Do you have a link to the lever from eBay?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I get the lever and the hood latch knob. Highly recommend both

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
The newer Hybrid Radial turf tires offer better traction and much smoother ride then the R4s.
Those run right around $1200.00 a set from Deere which includes the wheels all mounted ready to install.

Reactions: Leo_K

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The newer Hybrid Radial turf tires offer better traction and much smoother ride then the R4s.
Those run right around $1200.00 a set from Deere which includes the wheels all mounted ready to install.

View attachment 784292
Mine came with the galaxy radials...sweet addition.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how are they on snow and wet ground
Unsure how they work on snow or wet ground, I just got the tractor Thursday. But from all my reading the watching videos they are the latest and greatest in traction and ride quality.

I live in Indiana by the Wabash River so our property is river bottom ground and extremely soft sandy loam soil. The r4s on my 1026 were okay on the grass when I would mow but they tore my woods up whenever I would do any work due to our ground being soft. So far the radials don't seem to do that, they just bite the ground and keep going, the r4's would bite then dig down and I'd be leaving ruts everywhere.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts