Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me say that this topic has a lot of chat time on GTT, but I need some very specific guidance on the 3039R.

I'm purchasing a 3039R and want to do a grapple, and my salesman is telling me the best thing I can do is a diverter. They have a diverter that mounts up on the FEL and connects into the curl function hydraulics. There is an electrical harness that connects to the tractor for the control.

I want to control a grapple now, but in the future I do want to use the 3rd SVC on the rear for a power tilt. (one may not have a bearing on the other, but I don't want to do something that inhibits the other.)
For the grapple, I want to use the built-in switch on the JD FEL joy-stick to open and close the grapple.
I would like the grapple to work independently of the FEL lift/curl functions. I was never that good at video games.

What specific recommendations do you have. Manufacture/model/part number?

I would like to do this with the purchase, but can't get my head wrapped around it. Surely several people on this forum have figured this out and are willing to share.

A good question may be, should I skip the dealer and install the kit myself?

Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
Welcome to GTT

JD has everything you need, no need for 3rd party stuff in this case. Get the BLV10362 3rd SCV option, then the BW16138 kit to extend it up the the FEL.

Unfortunately, some salesman are clueless when it comes to these options.

·
Premium Member
7,513 Posts
Welcome to GTT

JD has everything you need, no need for 3rd party stuff in this case. Get the BLV10362 3rd SCV option, then the BW16138 kit to extend it up the the FEL.

Unfortunately, some salesman are clueless when it comes to these options.
:good2:

Kenny is "The Man" when it comes to hydraulics.

He should get a commission from JD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More information. I have a dealer that has the factory installed 3rd scv installed in the rear with the mid PTO. I’m told the 3rd scv is controlled by the toggle switch on the control lever.

There solution is a hose kit that plugs into the rear quick couplers and goes to a bracket next to the 4 quick couplers for the loader. Hose to JD steel lines out to the end of the loader frame.

If I want to use the rear quick couplers for an implement, I just unplug the 3rd function lines in the rear.

Sound like a good solution for a true third function at the loader?

Plus is that I don’t have a third party solenoid mounted at the loader.

I was planning to get a rear 3rd SCV on in a couple of years.

Thoughts?
Any issues affecting a grapple on the loader?

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
That is exactly what I suggested, with kit numbers....I guess I'm invisible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kennyd,

I assure you that you are not invisible. I did take your part numbers to the dealer, and they told me there parts guy said it wouldn't work. I looked up the part numbers myself but could not figure it out.

I ended up going to another JD dealer to work out this option. You just clarified that it is the same, and it would give me exactly what I wanted.

This dealer is a little further away and his base quote is higher. Sounds like they know there stuff.

I did have a great call to WR Long about their solution and I'll post what they said early next week for anyone interested.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You definitely want to follow Kenny's program. I have it on mine it looks factory installed and works with rocker switch on joy stick.

Only took and hour to install. Around $400 complete with all quick couplers.

If down the road you want to add more hydraulics to the back you can put on 4th and 5th as I did to run top and tilt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What the 3rd Function Install Ended Up Looking Like

I wanted to attached some pictures on how the installation ended up.. Thanks to Kenny for the direction. This is my first time including pictures, so if the pictures don't show, I'll try again.

The John Deere dealer ran the hoses from the 3rd SCV on the rear, looped it down the right side to a bracket that supported the quick coupler down at the loader frame. The kit included hoes that ran up to steel lines that ran down the loader arm on brackets to the quick coupler on the front right side. Where it transitioned to the loader, it was standard fittings, but he fittings at the bucket end were small ISO coupler.

The dealer secured all of the hoses and the install looked clean.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,046 Posts
That looks good :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,425 Posts
Some times packages are "whole goods or bundles" and easier ordered from "sales" rather than parts. I do not know if that's the case here or not. I have also found whole goods/bundles are priced less than the same thing from parts :hi:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am waiting my own new 3039R (should be ready in a couple of days...).
I had the 3rd SCV added and the parts specified are BLV10500 and BW16138.
I'm not sure what the difference is between the BLV10362 that Kenny mentioned and the BLV10500, but I'm expecting it to look like Dcladdpe's pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got some additional information from the dealer of the option that was installed. Consistent with everything else in the post, just thought I would share.

The Bundle # BBW16138 is the front kit for the 320R Loader. Exactly as Kennyd put in an earlier post.

The part # on the plugs are 5MP106515 MALE END , 5MP106516 FEMALE END and TWO ADAPTERS #5MP3457, These are the J.D. PART NUMBERS.

On the quick connects at the end of the FEL for the grapple the following is stamped: NV14-38SAE-M and NV14-38SAE-F

My tractor was already equipped with the Dual Mid Selective Control Valve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts