Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up last month and only have about an hour on it so far. I'll do a review as I get more seat time of likes, dislikes, and differences between JD and New Holland. For a JD model it would compare closely to is a 3039R.

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Very nice! I sure like the side opening windows, I wish the JD's had that feature. Is it brand new?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Wow that's a hell of a tractor.:good2:

Couldn't get it in green eh?:mocking:

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Yes, it's brand new.

If you recall I was looking at a 3046R and a used 3720 and this ended up cheaper than the used 3720 so I elected to go with the 6 year warranty.

I remember the 3720 and you mentioning the Boomer, but I didn't realize it was NEW, congrats!

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
That specs out pretty close the 3720 except for the 3PH capacity, it seams pretty low for a 40hp machine.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
I see you gave into peer pressure and started a thread on your nice new tractor.

I also see you went soft/got smart and got a cab.

Congrats, enjoy your new machine and thanks for posting the pics of your notes, very helpful for comparing!

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Nice tractor, congrats. Same for,me trying to figure what to buy. Enjoy :thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
Screw you cab guys......:lol:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
I guess the next thing is there will have to be a thread just for cab tractors. :munch: :laugh:

CONGRAULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Picked this up last month and only have about an hour on it so far. I'll do a review as I get more seat time of likes, dislikes, and differences between JD and New Holland. For a JD model it would compare closely to is a 3039R.

My old NH was a good machine for 17 years. No issues except the last year I had it. Had to replace the lift pump. No biggy. Good luck with it. I'm jeleous of the cab though! Looking forward to the seat of pants write up!
Bill

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I looked at those and did a little research when I bought my 3032E. I found out that the smaller New Holland and Case tractors are both built by LS in Korea. You can see this on the ID plate on the back of your tractor. So if you really want to save some money you should buy the LS. It’s the same tractor with a little different cosmetics for less money.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked at those and did a little research when I bought my 3032E. I found out that the smaller New Holland and Case tractors are both built by LS in Korea. You can see this on the ID plate on the back of your tractor. So if you really want to save some money you should buy the LS. It’s the same tractor with a little different cosmetics for less money.
You are correct. Dealer network though was a key factor as well. The Case/New Holland dealer is across the highway from my JD dealer and an LS dealer would have been another 20+ miles away.

For example, I had an issue with a door latch and the dealer just sent a technician out to fix it. I sure couldn't beat that.

·
Registered
12,495 Posts
You are correct. Dealer network though was a key factor as well. The Case/New Holland dealer is across the highway from my JD dealer and an LS dealer would have been another 20+ miles away.

For example, I had an issue with a door latch and the dealer just sent a technician out to fix it. I sure couldn't beat that.
That speaks higher volumes than some realize.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts