Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does John Deere still produce Z997R for 2018? I cannot even configure Z997R on their website. I called several dealers in my area, no one seems to know or has 2018 Z997R. I hope someone has insight info about it.

Thanks,

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
Does John Deere still produce Z997R for 2018? I cannot even configure Z997R on their website. I called several dealers in my area, no one seems to know or has 2018 Z997R. I hope someone has insight info about it.

Thanks,
Come to think of it, I haven't seen a *R* at the dealer since they first came out (was there just 2 weeks ago) or being
used anywhere. :dunno:

There are some regular 997's floating around here, but no R's.

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
I thought it was only offered in an “R” since the change but haven’t really looked into it.

If you guys are saying they aren’t going to make the 997 at all anymore I had better buy the used one I’ve been looking at.....

·
Old Pa-pa
11,946 Posts
I thought it was only offered in an “R” since the change but haven’t really looked into it.

If you guys are saying they aren’t going to make the 997 at all anymore I had better buy the used one I’ve been looking at.....
Pressure building on ya there Stan, building! :lol:

Yes, I'm terrible. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts

That was my understanding. The 997 is only available with the R options. It has been like that for a few years as far as I know. When I bought my 2015 Z950R it was that way. I didn't look at them much before then.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
My local dealers have no idea.

Is it matter if you have to buy 2017 or 2018 model? If it is a car or truck, it is matter.

Thanks,
Not sure where your from, but my dealer sells many every year. Deere still makes them, you just need a dealer that knows whats going on with the world. Sounds like yours dont..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MSRP / Purchaed Price

What is MSRP for this new 2018 ZTR Z997R? John Deere website does not list it.
What is people pay for this new ZTR Z997R?

I just want to get an idea before stepping to a dealer, negotiate and buy it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
What is MSRP for this new 2018 ZTR Z997R? John Deere website does not list it.
What is people pay for this new ZTR Z997R?

I just want to get an idea before stepping to a dealer, negotiate and buy it.

Thanks,
Interesting that they don't list it. Not sure what people are getting them for but I want to say low 20s. I have $22K in the back of my mind for some reason as a ball park. I know I looked at it when I bought my Z950R but that was a couple years ago as well.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
58 Posts
I purchased a 997R last summer for a little over $19K with 72” deck and suspension seat. Looking to get another one this year. Have bulk diesel tank on farm so moving away from gas mowers except for my liquid cooled 797 with 60” deck which has been an outstanding machine.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not to start a brand war or anything, but you can get an ExMark with suspension for the price of the 997R... I like Green, but I would think I love my back more? :dunno:

·
Administrator
20,980 Posts
I didn’t care for the Exmark’s funky operator station suspension. It rides ok, but the operator platform leans away from the turns and the sticks are frame mounted. That means every time the platform moves either your arms have to move to compensate or your straight line just zagged. It also looks very cramped and awkward to work on. It’s just weird.

·
Premium Member
9,347 Posts
I didn’t care for the Exmark’s funky operator station suspension. It rides ok, but the operator platform leans away from the turns and the sticks are frame mounted. That means every time the platform moves either your arms have to move to compensate or your straight line just zagged. It also looks very cramped and awkward to work on. It’s just weird.

They also have this machine as an option, my local dealer, who is the guy I buy all my non green stuff from, has 2 of these in stock.......

8 foot mower deck, or 6 foot mower deck or 4 foot mower deck.......Depends which of the decks you use....all hydraulic, Mows 10 acres per hour.

Yanmar diesel. It's a real beast. $39,950..................

https://www.exmark.com/products/mowers/zero-turn/lazer-z/lazer-z-diesel

·
Registered
700 Posts

Yeah, that part did seem a bit quirky. Still, for the 20K'ish Deere charges, it's inexcusable to not have suspension.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts