Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some awesome games for the 1st day of wildcard games. Some great young teams that be fun to watch over the next few years.

Really felt like the end of an ERA at the end of the Patriots and Titans game. It was fun watching Bill get upset when Mike used what he learned go from him to milk the clock down to 5 mins.
hopefully Sundays games are as good.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ten years ago Sean Payton, put financial incentives out there for players to injure other players. Most notably, viking QB Bret Favre. For this I will root against the Saints as long as he's still there. He should have been banned from coaching forever. Anyway, anytime the Vikings and Saints meet I immediately remember that NFC Championship game ten years ago this month.
The "Minnesota Miracle" was a great play, but what really made it special is the fact that it took Sean Payton's Saints out of the playoffs.
That's the goal today. Not winning, but making sure that the Saints lose.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Mrs. Bear asked me if something was wrong because I was watching Football yesterday and again today. I told her its too cold to do anything outside and there is no racing on........so what else am I supposed to do?

I knew New England was going to lose after Tennessee so easily handled the NE Defense. What did the RB from the Titan's end up with, nearly 200 yards on 34 carries, that's nearly 6 yards per carry, which means LOTS of first downs........

Also, as someone who has had many, many major surgeries, I sure hope that JJ Watt isn't making the mistake of his career by returning as he has, which means he is going to play next week as well as playing yesterday. Severe chronic pain really, really sucks and changes your life and not for the better...............At least it's not his dominant arm, which would make it even worse.

·
Super Moderator
5,450 Posts
No Patriots! Love it!:)(y) I would like to see a first time winner!

·
Registered
477 Posts
glc - Agree! I should post this response in the "What's making you smile today" thread. This will be the first time in a long while that my rooting against the Patriots in the post season ended this early. They got schooled early and often, got seriously out-rushed, Brady's skills and Bellicheat's shallow bag of tricks didn't pan out.

I'm not saying that the Dynasty is over, but it is on hold, effective last night. To lose at home to a pick-six had to have hurt real bad.

Brian

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ten years ago Sean Payton, put financial incentives out there for players to injure other players. Most notably, viking QB Bret Favre. For this I will root against the Saints as long as he's still there. He should have been banned from coaching forever. Anyway, anytime the Vikings and Saints meet I immediately remember that NFC Championship game ten years ago this month.
The "Minnesota Miracle" was a great play, but what really made it special is the fact that it took Sean Payton's Saints out of the playoffs.
That's the goal today. Not winning, but making sure that the Saints lose.
Saints Lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Well now I'm confused. I figured the Saints would easily handle the Vikes. The Saints have been playing great ball the last few weeks. Not so sure the Pack could beat the Vikes 3 times. The Packers are a great field goal team.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Watched last night's patriot/titan game, and though I would have liked to have seen the patriots win (again), I thought it was a good game, and didn't see any really bad or missed calls from the referees so I did enjoy the game. Even though it was past my bedtime when it ended. Next season may be interesting "GO PATS"

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
Saints Lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well now I'm confused. I figured the Saints would easily handle the Vikes. The Saints have been playing great ball the last few weeks. Not so sure the Pack could beat the Vikes 3 times. The Packers are a great field goal team.
Like who saw that coming.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I grew up in western South Dakota, where one followed the Broncos or Vikings, the latter being much more disappointing in the post season, overall, over the past 50 years. The referees gifted the Aint's more than once today.

Who Dat think they're going to clean out their lockers tomorrow, Who Dat?

Brian

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Vikings gutted it out. Now if they knock of the 49’s next week they get to go back to the frozen Tundra for shot 3 at the Packers.

2nd game today is looking good also. With Wentz out possible head injury we will get to see what McNown can do. Will he be the back-up Nick Folz was. Will Carson Wentz every get a full season in as Quarterback?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm not a Eagles fan, but Goedert is from a neighboring school & his dad works for a friend of mine, Wentz being a Bison & Nate Gerry is a SD boy as well so they are entertaining to follow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have GB season tickets. I will be in row 34 on the 47 yard line for GB and the Seasquawks. I dont go to every game and you do miss alot, but nothing beats a playoff game at Lambeau!

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
The Eagles and SeaHawks game wasn't nearly the game which the earlier game was. The Saints looked so stunned at the end of the OT period. The crowd sure fell out of it the second the OT turnover happened.

Next week, I don't see Houston getting past KC and I also see the Titans continuing their post season play and going to the Championship. Houston's QB is willing to do whatever it takes, but don't think KC isn't studying some way to neutralize his scrambling ability and to contain him.

Tom Brady's house is still at $33 million, down from the $39.7 million initial asking price when it was listed in August. Will he play at NE next year? I can't see him going to Carolina and maybe his wife will want to life in San Diego and perhaps they will offer enough money to entice him for a season to two. The last time he extended his contract in NE, it was for $21 million per year, for 2 years. Now he is two years older and has to be nearing the end of his career at his age. I just can't see him wanting to start all over with new coaches, new Offensive line and new receivers at another team.

His best chance for a winning season is right where he is and where he has been. It isn't in Carolina or San Diego. He hasn't been entirely driven by $$$$$ in his past decisions and should he allow the almighty dollar to control his future, he is likely to not like the results.

·
Registered
97 Posts
glc - Agree! I should post this response in the "What's making you smile today" thread. This will be the first time in a long while that my rooting against the Patriots in the post season ended this early. They got schooled early and often, got seriously out-rushed, Brady's skills and Bellicheat's shallow bag of tricks didn't pan out.

I'm not saying that the Dynasty is over, but it is on hold, effective last night. To lose at home to a pick-six had to have hurt real bad.

Brian

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have GB season tickets. I will be in row 34 on the 47 yard line for GB and the Seasquawks. I dont go to every game and you do miss alot, but nothing beats a playoff game at Lambeau!
I just added a stadium tour at 1:30 for the family. We've done this before, but Sunday our tour guide will be Antonio Freeman! It's going to be a hell of a day!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts