Green Tractor Talk banner

2019 2025r Hydostatic Pedal Return

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Herminator 
#1 ·
Hope everyone is doing well! Been a member of this forum for some time and hoping our community can provide some insight on new Deere Hydrostatic Pedals.

I have just received delivery of my new 2025R (very excited and put 2 hours on it over the weekend)! I've noted doing some "necessary" reorganization of the garage with the forks on the loader that the forward travel pedal does not quickly return back to "neutral" when you let your foot off. If you release your foot from the pedal it takes about 2 or 3 seconds for the pedal to return back to the neural position stopping forward motion of the machine.

Is this normal that the forward pedal is a bit sluggish to return to the neutral detent stopping motion? Mind you, my 655 will give you whiplash if i remove my foot quickly from the pedal - quite the learning curve on the new machine with forks on the loader doing precision work. Wondering if the dampener on the linkage on my new 2025R is faulty.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
My '18 2025R is about a second or two, never timed it, my 1023 was about the same. To me it's normal, but when I get on my FIL's 16 yr old BX 2200 it's that same whiplash feeling you are referring too with your 655.

#3 ·
Thanks very much - glad to know I'm not the only one! I'll try lubing up the linkages this weekend to see if there's any improvement to help my learning curve. Seems that Deere has made some changes in the last 33 years, but I'll never part with my 655....:laugh:

#5 ·
It seems wrong to me. One of the reasons I do not mow in low with my 2038r is when I take my foot off the forward it has been known to skid the tires stopping.

#9 ·
My 2 cents on this subject.... Ask yourself about the question of liability attached to having a control on a piece of machinery where the intent is to STOP the machine from moving forward when you release the pedal, yet it does not STOP for some measurable amount of time. I highly doubt the well-intended engineers at JD actually designed it to "wait a while and then stop" after you let your foot off the pedal. That is a liability suit waiting to happen!

I have the same experience as Herminator with my 2038R... I let my foot off the gas and the rear tires skid on the lawn/dirt.

For what its worth...

Sincerely

Reactions: greenharley
#17 · (Edited)
Hi folks, thanks for the discussion on this. Pedal, specially forward travel pedal, is slow to return and the machine SLOWLY comes to a stop.

If I remove my entire foot from the pedal and let the pedal return by itself to the detent, the machine rolls to a stop.

If I did this with my 655 or say a 3320, I’d be thrown from the operator seat.

For those that have a Generation II 2025R, when you remove your foot from the forward travel pedal, does the machine abruptly stop in Low range? I’d ask about 1025R owner’s feedback but I’ve gotten mixed signals on whether the transmissions are EXACTLY the same.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gizmo2
#18 ·
Mine stops abruptly in low. Much more gradual in high.

Reactions: PJR832
#20 ·
I at times had problems with my previous tractor not always stopping as quickly as I wanted, it was a Kubota. I actually disconnected the damper on it. That helped some. My opinion after studying the linkage on the Kubota and it appears Deere is similar, that the less you have the pedal depressed, the slower it returns. Its just the way the return spring works. If you are in low range and have the pedal most of the way down, the spring is stretched more and returns harder.

The Kubota had the brake pedal on the right while the Deere is on the left, a much better setup. I'm just getting the habit of having my foot near the brake when I want to stop right away.

Reactions: PJR832
#22 ·
Thanks all - thinking there may be some issue here. Going to investigate and will report back my findings/outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.