Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carrier bearing came out of the housing with only 1.5 hours mow time. Is this a troublesome part? BTW it makes a pretty impressive racket when the drive shaft is whipping around under there at full throttle.

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
My 2018 2025R did exact same thing on second mowing. About 5 hours. Don’t know how to link another thread but it’s titled “autoconnect blows up on new 2025R with 5 hours” there’s a recall on that bearing and the part numbers are listed in that thread. Dealer came and fixed it. Mine also broke the breather cap off my mmm gearbox so when they fix it make sure they fix anything it may have broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Here it is. Title was little different than I remember. And I figured out how to link it finally. I gave the dealer the recall numbers and they fixed it and now I have about 75 hours and after about 7-8 mowings it has been fine so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You Wvdeere for the link to your experience last fall. I emailed the DTAC and my pic to the dealer and waiting to hear back. It looks like my gearbox breather survived and as you said it does sound like running over a log chain.:laugh:

·
Registered
585 Posts
My carrier bearing came out of the housing with only 1.5 hours mow time. Is this a troublesome part? BTW it makes a pretty impressive racket when the drive shaft is whipping around under there at full throttle.[/QUOTE

I'd call the dealer and get it and anything else fixed pronto. I tried to mow the grass the day after the tractor was delivered. Nobody put the safety clips on the hangers so the deck went down, but didn't come back up. Really not that big a thing but what else did they forget. They had a tech there the next day. As a consumer we put a lot of hard earned money into these machines and we can expect a certain level of service from our dealers. If there is something wrong with a bearing that only lasts an hour and a half, what else is there wrong with that drive system? Your bearing, and my mower deck should have shown up on the PDI. If the techs aren't looking for these problems the only way that they will know is if you call and let them know right away that you aren't happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts