Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that the 2038r has three radiators one for engine, fuel, oil. and no screen in front of the radiators is this true?

·
Premium Member
13,011 Posts
Just read that the 2038r has three radiators one for engine, fuel, oil. and no screen in front of the radiators is this true?
That is correct.

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Radiator for fuel?

·
Premium Member
13,011 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is correct.
I expected mine to have a screen like the 1 series. I have one on the old Ford 2000 and when i remove it killing brush its not long before the temp gauge creeps up. Guess i will have to improvise something for the 2032r when it arrives.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I doubt you will need anything. I cut grass last week that had gone to seed, the loose seed built up on the front screen over 1/4" thick in places, and the temp gauge never moved.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt you will need anything. I cut grass last week that had gone to seed, the loose seed built up on the front screen over 1/4" thick in places, and the temp gauge never moved.
Some of the brush i go through is higher than the ROP. The little stuff usually passes through but sometimes it dosent and cloges then i have to take a hose to it on the old Ford. Thanks for the information and I'm sure JD has thought of this issue and they would not have the respect they have if they didn't consider things like this in the manufactuyre of their tractors:bigbeer::greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Some of the brush i go through is higher than the ROP. The little stuff usually passes through but sometimes it dosent and cloges then i have to take a hose to it on the old Ford. Thanks for the information and I'm sure JD has thought of this issue and they would not have the respect they have if they didn't consider things like this in the manufactuyre of their tractors:bigbeer::greentractorride:
The front is very sealed up and the whole grill is a fine screen. It will look like a bearded tractor but I have not had the temp gauge go up or had to stop to brush it off. I am sure it could build up to that point, I just haven’t had it happen.

Reactions: bfloyd4445

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The front is very sealed up and the whole grill is a fine screen. It will look like a bearded tractor but I have not had the temp gauge go up or had to stop to brush it off. I am sure it could build up to that point, I just haven’t had it happen.
Thanks for the explanation. I was sure JD would have that problem covered but from comments in the forum i was beginning to doubt that.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
937 Posts
The front is not sealed up. There is over a 1/4” gap under the hood when closed. I had to put down two layers of weather stripping in order to make a seal. There are also numerous holes all over in the compartment that various cables, tubes, and wires run though and others. I took a caulk gun and filled them all up. From what I can tell I finally have a sealed up system.

FYI- before doing so the radiator would over heat in about 30-45 minutes of shredding dry grass down here in Texas. Had to carry a leaf blower to clean it out. I was extremely annoyed with the failed design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
I dunno, I've had good luck with it. I brush hogged hay in mid pollen season for about three hours and the temp gauge was still in the middle. The tractor had that funny beard it gets, but very little made it inside the engine compartment. Maybe because I leave the loader on and don't crash screen first into everything?

My eyes on the other hand...not so lucky there. Swollen for days.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The front is not sealed up. There is over a 1/4” gap under the hood when closed. I had to put down two layers of weather stripping in order to make a seal. There are also numerous holes all over in the compartment that various cables, tubes, and wires run though and others. I took a caulk gun and filled them all up. From what I can tell I finally have a sealed up system.

FYI- before doing so the radiator would over heat in about 30-45 minutes of shredding dry grass down here in Texas. Had to carry a leaf blower to clean it out. I was extremely annoyed with the failed design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip I will follow your lead and seal her up when she arrives. Besides, gives me an excuse to carress my new toy

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dunno, I've had good luck with it. I brush hogged hay in mid pollen season for about three hours and the temp gauge was still in the middle. The tractor had that funny beard it gets, but very little made it inside the engine compartment. Maybe because I leave the loader on and don't crash screen first into everything?

My eyes on the other hand...not so lucky there. Swollen for days.
I've taken to wearing my Stilh helmut and screen in the bush. And my optometrist advised i use some over the counter eye drops twice per day called ALLAWAY, the stuff keeps my eyes perfect. I carry a bottle every place in case something gets in.

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
This is what it looks like inside the engine compartment after three hours of brush hogging hay and weeds. There is a tiny bit of stuff on the bottom, but it’s really clean. I didn’t clean in there at all, just used a leaf blower on the outside. So I don’t believe a radiator screen is needed. Maybe if the hood isn’t aligned properly it can cause issues, but mine seems to be good. My 1025r definitely needed a radiator screen. Lots of stuff got inside.

167891F9-0EE7-4D2B-88E8-DFA72412E0C0.jpeg

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is what it looks like inside the engine compartment after three hours of brush hogging hay and weeds. There is a tiny bit of stuff on the bottom, but it’s really clean. I didn’t clean in there at all, just used a leaf blower on the outside. So I don’t believe a radiator screen is needed. Maybe if the hood isn’t aligned properly it can cause issues, but mine seems to be good. My 1025r definitely needed a radiator screen. Lots of stuff got inside.

View attachment 691496
Looks great to me. Looking forward to not having the clogged radiator issues. Thanks for posting the pix:bigthumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts