1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Farm Progress Show home page

August 27th, 28th, 29th
Decatur, Illinois

I know I saw a post from Ilmo saying he was going. I am planning on it but wanted to see who was going and what days. I suspect Deere will have a booth we can meet at.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Wish I was going Herm., not that far but too much going on, maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
We will be there each of the 3 days.

We plan a meetup of sorts. 10am each [email protected] Deere booth...around compact tractors.

Tim

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Day 1 Complete

Finished Day 1 at the Farm Progress Show.

Deere booth is same size as normal, but MANY MORE compact, subcompact, and garden tractor sized tractors than last time (2 yrs ago).

Featuring:
- Load N Go (old news to TTWT fans :) )
- SSQA Adapter (I couldn't pick it up to see the weight because tractor had it 'wedged' to the ground.) The guy said 60-80 lbs. 3.75" forward extension from the JDQA...so it will definitely have some negative impact on the lift capacity
- New Frontier Seeders (5 ft and 4 ft models).
- PTO quick attach
- 3025D tractor with AG (R1) tires on it.
- 2025R with Galaxy Radials (like we have on our 2038r).

...and I have not one single photo to show you. I hang my head in shame, and submit myself to whatever punishment the GTT community deems appropriate.

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,390 Posts
Finished Day 1 at the Farm Progress Show.

...and I have not one single photo to show you. I hang my head in shame, and submit myself to whatever punishment the GTT community deems appropriate.

Tim
Well, we won't make you carry a refrigerator up 3 flights of stairs.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
My new truck...

Autoconnect demo station...

3025D with Ag tires...

2038r ...nothing new here...

Frontier 5’ seeder with nylon cultipacker option.
Also, notice the radials on the 2025r...

Load-n-Go...

Ssqa adapter...

3R with Ag tires...

Hydraulic thumb (the same one we’ve shown) on a 370b hoe.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a great day. I will provide details later but some photos for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Whats up with the last 2 pics..??

Is this a new siding product or exactly what..?

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got back, posted the photos during supper break on the way back.

Where to begin. Met up with Tim and Carl along with their wives at 10:00. Walked around the gators and compacts for about an hour and the headed out to see the show. Tim was taller and Carl’s wife younger than I remember from the Kentucky show a couple years ago.:laugh: All are wonderful to spend a day with.

We then ventured in style thanks to Tim having a golf cart over to the Massey Ferguson booth. Deere had compacts, garden tractors and gators of all sizes and styles, a demo of the auto connect on the star of the show, the 2038r and another demo on a 5 series showing the JD quick attach for the bucket. Massey had 4 25hp compacts that we got to operate, 1 that you could actual dig with the backhoe, one with a bucket and grapple to pick up tires and move them, one with a bucket and land plane that you could grade a section and use the bucket to scoop, mulch, gravel or sand. There was another with a box blade as well. The one shown in the photo they timed people picking up a 1/2” bolt that was tied to the backhoe bucket. You had to put the bolt into the top hole of the cone, then go over and pick up a mini football off of the other cone into the bucket and then set it on the carpet where you started from. It had a grapple as well and I think it was needed to do it but I wasn’t sure how to switch to it so I dropped the football. I Homer Simpson’d this one, There is the right way, the wrong way and the HS way which is wrong but faster, meaning I beat Tim in time but still failed.

There will be no bad talk of Tim or Christy because they drove us around, were like tour guides and great fun to be with. They also have many videos of me running equipment I am not familiar with.:laugh::flag_of_truce:

That brings up the fact that equipment today is easy enough to run that with some knowledge of tractors and equipment in general, today’s machines are something you can climb on and become fairly proficient very quickly. I was impressed with the capability of the bucket and backhoe as well. In short I had a blast and even if I look like a ninny in the video I bet I am smiling.

The crowd today was lighter than the first two days especially at the start but picked up some at noon then died back off. The building photos are something that Morton was showing. They had a model home and the paint has a texture or pattern to it which I really liked.

We hit a few more places and then came back home to Deere and honestly it did feel like home climbing back aboard the Green ones.

Tonight I told Tim I will make good on one thing. I do not have a YouTube account but I will and will subscribe.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Thanks for the great pics Herm :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Thanks Herminator, Tractor Tim, and Christy for the great time yesterday.

A few pictures.
Toys for the kids.
26C2AF89-A8A1-4730-BD42-11EEC3917142.jpeg

2025r with cab and Galaxy Garden Pro tires
B2EA424B-09EB-4622-9242-3A2D807AC14A.jpeg

Mahindra Roxor
E8416D05-C920-4BB4-9933-6E979A38E511.jpeg

6A7CB101-1CB0-4641-8771-BDE283A073AB.jpeg

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
They also have many videos of me running equipment I am not familiar with.:laugh::flag_of_truce:
We think no less of you for not knowing how to operate those other machines. But, what will the rest of the Internet think after seeing you in Tim's videos? You might as well join YouTube, as you're about to become a celebrity! :lol:

Thanks for the photos and write-ups all! I know first-hand what a pain it is to try to entertain the whole of GTT while at the same time, trying to enjoy the show for oneself. You folks pulled it off!

Very nice photos of you all together. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We think no less of you for not knowing how to operate those other machines. But, what will the rest of the Internet think after seeing you in Tim's videos? You might as well join YouTube, as you're about to become a celebrity! :lol:

Thanks for the photos and write-ups all! I know first-hand what a pain it is to try to entertain the whole of GTT while at the same time, trying to enjoy the show for oneself. You folks pulled it off!

Very nice photos of you all together. :thumbup1gif:
I did gain a new level respect for the 1 series. It honestly made me think that while I am spoiled with a skid steer I could see very quickly how handy a compact with a bucket could be and while I rented a mini excavater when I put a electric to the shop there are somethings that the little backhoe would be excellent for.

To be honest I think sometime about 1:00 I realized I had taken no photos. It was fun to get some and we had to go back to a couple places. I actually had a great time with this group because our interests are similar so each stop was interesting. Like you I give two craps what the rest of the internet thinks. :laugh: Tim and others like Pat have to have thick skin to listen to some of the responses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts