Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new 2019 Ford Colorado? Whoops.... I mean Ranger.

2019 Ford Ranger.jpg

I'm excited to see Ford come back to this market with the Ranger, but tell me that doesn't look EXACTLY like a Chevy Colorado?

So really other than the grill, I think these trucks will have an identity crisis. :lol:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
It doesn't have square wheel wells. No way you could think it was a GM product. :laugh: I see that Chevy is coming to their senses finally and getting rid of those in their 2019 Silverado. :good2:
(I'm not a fan of square wheel wells. Round tires, square wheel wells, makes no sense.)

I'm glad to see the Ranger coming back. I probably wouldn't be driving a F150 today if I could have bought a new ranger in 2013. Now that I do drive a full size, I don't think I'll go back, though.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still going to call it the Ford Colorado. They did the same thing in the 90's when they released the Ford Rams. :lol:

·
Registered
21,496 Posts
It doesn't have square wheel wells. No way you could think it was a GM product. :laugh: I see that Chevy is coming to their senses finally and getting rid of those in their 2019 Silverado. :good2:
(I'm not a fan of square wheel wells. Round tires, square wheel wells, makes no sense.)

I'm glad to see the Ranger coming back. I probably wouldn't be driving a F150 today if I could have bought a new ranger in 2013. Now that I do drive a full size, I don't think I'll go back, though.
Exactly my feelings as well. Plus the price is probably very close to an F-150 outfitted the same with the same gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts

A lot of people forget (or don't know) GM has used square wheel wells for a long time. I never heard complaints like I do now. The first day I drove my new ('14) Silverado to work, the first words out my diehard resident Ford co worker's mouth were "what's with the square wheel wells"! Personally, I like them better than the round. With the way the truck sits, and the rake, it gives the truck a certain look. But that's me, and to each their own. IMO, the round wells on the new Silverado don't look quite right. Too small maybe.:unknown:

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
A lot of people forget (or don't know) GM has used square wheel wells for a long time. I never heard complaints like I do now. The first day I drove my new ('14) Silverado to work, the first words out my diehard resident Ford co worker's mouth were "what's with the square wheel wells"! Personally, I like them better than the round. With the way the truck sits, and the rake, it gives the truck a certain look. But that's me, and to each their own. IMO, the round wells on the new Chevy don't look quite right. Too small maybe.:unknown:
There's no need for that. Bashing square wheel wells is an old tradition that is between Ford friends. :) You don't do it to a guys new pickup. Seriously, that's rude and everyone get's to like what they want.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Looks decent. But I wouldn’t buy one. Heck my F150 doesn’t have the capacity I always need.

I’d love an old F350 with the IH Diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Has anyone seen the new 2019 Ford Colorado? Whoops.... I mean Ranger.

I'm excited to see Ford come back to this market with the Ranger, but tell me that doesn't look EXACTLY like a Chevy Colorado?

So really other than the grill, I think these trucks will have an identity crisis.
Looks like the one sold overseas. Maybe Chevy copied the T6, aka ranger, and not the other way around.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the one sold overseas. Maybe Chevy copied the T6, aka ranger, and not the other way around.
Could be, but that's not how it appears is it?

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Somebody was just asking if a 14 foot dump trailer is big enough to haul a 1 Series,,,
They did not mention what truck they wanted to tow with.
These Ranger/Colorado trucks are gonna get hooked to trailers,,,

I pity those who want to really haul something.
For almost 20 years, I have been enjoying a 3/4 ton truck,
I think I will get one more 3/4 ton,, while I am young enough to step up into it!! :flag_of_truce:

:laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
There's no need for that. Bashing square wheel wells is an old tradition that is between Ford friends. :) You don't do it to a guys new pickup. Seriously, that's rude and everyone get's to like what they want.
Dan, he didn't stop there.

I really had my heart set on a Z71. I was like a little kid the day we went to the dealer. She (very good friend was our sales rep) had (I think) 8 Silverados all lined up for me to critique. Problem was, I didn't see any Z71's in the definite color (Topaz) I wanted. She said, if I really wanted a Z71 in Topaz, she would have to get it from another dealer. But, as a friend and not a salesperson, she explained to me the LT that was there in Topaz was loaded. Almost as much as the LTZ. The Z71 didn't have near the options and had a higher sticker. So it was basically dollars and "sense".

The LT/LTZ and the Z71 have night and day grilles. The LT had the chrome grille. Seemed like a lot of chrome too, and that's gets back to my "Ford buddy". Not just the wheel wells, but he had to "comment" on the front end too, and boy did he ever.:flag_of_truce: To the point that he apologized later. That was the one thing that I was having trouble accepting, or getting used to, and then to have someone completely tear down the trucks looks made it that much harder.

I still think about it, but the one thing I did that (IMO) makes the front look a whole lot better was to replace the bowtie emblem in the grille with an aftermarket one in billet aluminum painted the same color as the truck. :good2:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I think you will find that both the GM and Ford small pickups are based on the Australian designs and they have always looked similar to each other "down under". Personally I never cared for the Australian designs.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
dont forget the new ram coming out soon

the new 2019 ram 1500

Attachments

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I have to say, I don't like the round wheel wells on the new chevys. Makes them look more sissyfied- like fords.:nunu:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not much you can do with design with the new EPA regulations for this size vehicle. The Ford t6 was out before the Colorado, the 2.3 eco boost in this truck should put it up near 30mpg highway. It’s not aiming to cut into the half ton or larger market, It should sell well. Here’s hoping the bronco that is coming in 2020 doesn’t look like the Ranger.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You’re right - looks way too much like a Chevy - I’ll pass......
From a political side of things , that statement hurts my feelings. :laugh:

I like the statement made this morning on the Sunday Morning show. All the news media saying and steaming the word Trump supposedly said about some countries.
She said enough , this has turned into an episode from South Park. They showed the episode , I had to laugh because it is true.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts