Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again! We did this the last few years and everyone seemed to have a good time with it, so let's do it again this year. :drinks:

What is it?:unknown:

It's a gift swap with your friends here on GTT! :bigthumb:

How does it work?:dunno:

On Sunday, December 8th, names will be randomly assigned, and participants will receive a PM from me with the name of the person they are sending a gift to. Read your person's posts (even the old ones), try to get to know them a bit and think of something they would like. You can buy it in person and pack it yourself, or order it online and have it shipped to them but please try to have your gift delivered by December 18th.

What are the rules, and how do I participate?

To participate, you must be an active GTT member and have a minimum of 50 posts.

Post in this thread (just a reply, no need to "Quote" it), and send a PM to me,
dieselshadow, with Secret Santa in the subject line. You must do both of these things. In the body of the message, please include your name and the address you would like the gift you receive sent to. The entry period will close at midnight, Saturday, December 7th. Names will be randomly assigned the 2nd and you will receive a PM with the name of your gift-ee. The person you are buying for may not be the person buying for you!

If you do not wish to receive food as a gift, please note that in your PM to me! Some members may have particular dietary restrictions or allergies and may not be able to enjoy certain food items.

There is no set spending limit, this is meant to be fun. Spend what you like.

If you can, note on the outside of your package that it's a GTT Secret Santa gift, just to prevent any possible confusion when it arrives. That may not be possible if you're shopping online, but please do if you can.

When your gift arrives, please post and let everyone know that it has arrived.

Make sure you PM me with your address! Can't do this without an address. I understand some folks don't want to give out their home address and that's okay- we can use a PO box. However, be aware that UPS and FedEx will not deliver to PO Boxes so you may be limiting your Santa's shipping options by doing so. Even if you participated last year, you must send me your address again this year. We do not retain any of that information.

This is meant to be fun, and not a burden on anyone. If for some reason you cannot follow through, please contact me as soon as possible. That information will stay with me, we just want to make sure everyone that sends a gift receives one.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

The last years have been pretty fun, and seeing the stuff people received was a blast. Folks really did get to know their recipients. Here's hoping for another good time this year, and with a group like this I'm sure it will be!
:thumbup1gif:

And yes, I'm in. :mocking:

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I'm not participating since I am a horrible gift buyer. I don't want to disappoint anyone!

But, I LOVE seeing people post what they receive!! So many of you put a lot of time and effort into being Santa! :bigthumb:

Dieselshadow - thanks for doing this for the community! You are a good man!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
I'l give it a go. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm not participating since I am a horrible gift buyer. I don't want to disappoint anyone!

But, I LOVE seeing people post what they receive!! So many of you put a lot of time and effort into being Santa! :bigthumb:

Awww come on Mark02tj, you can literally go to the Deere dealer and get a few trinkets. This is all about fun! Remember, it's not what you get, it's that someone cared enough to give you a gift.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
For sure Mark. Just go on Amazon and send a Deere license plate or something. Doesn't have to be much, but please join in. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts

I'll do it if you do it. :good2:

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
Wouldn't be Christmas without the GTT Secret Santa. I'm in of course.

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
I am in. In fact I use both of the gifts I have gotten the last two years weekly. I will say this year went fast.

Get to know you recipient. :laugh: Don’t want to go to far down that path with some of the folks here.

:munch:

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Missed it last year.

Not going to miss it this year.

Sign me up.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Count me in again this year.

Dave

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
KennyD is in :good2:

You have my address bro'

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
KennyD is in :good2:

You have my address bro'
Says the guy who has most all of our addresses and credit card numbers.

·
Registered
23,258 Posts

Same here Mark. Plus I have a big issue with people buying people stuff that they would quite possibly not want of ever use.

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts
Says the guy who has most all of our addresses and credit card numbers.
Perhaps Kenny really is Santa Clause :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,807 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I'm in.
Thanks DieselShadow for wrangling this.

·
Premium Member
9,310 Posts
Count me in........

and once again, Gizmo2 is right.

Come On Mark, if you need help selecting a gift, PM one or two of us and tell us who you received and we will help you........It's fun........

After all, it's the thought that counts.........:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 284 Posts