·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
What is that bigger tractor in the pic. Looks like a 6 series. I don't see it in your signature line. The only other one mentioned in your signature line is the 4066R, but I don't see it in the pics.

Dave

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Wow, nice fleet....anytime you need a driver let me know:greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Nice :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,569 Posts
Wow, nice fleet....anytime you need a driver let me know:greentractorride:
What he said, however I am much closer. :lol:

Nice tractor neighbor!

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Congrats :thumbup1gif:

JD has really stepped up their game with the 5R line.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
What is that bigger tractor in the pic. Looks like a 6 series. I don't see it in your signature line. The only other one mentioned in your signature line is the 4066R, but I don't see it in the pics.

Dave
In his video he is comparing the 5100R to his 6155R.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
In his video he is comparing the 5100R to his 6155R.

Yeah, I found that out later. I had not yet looked at the video. Still the question as to why the 6155R is not listed in his signature line.

Dave

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Yeah, I found that out later. I had not yet looked at the video. Still the question as to why the 6155R is not listed in his signature line.

Dave
I guess there is a chance that it isn't his. Maybe he uses it. I was just assuming it is his. Maybe it is a loner, rental or family members. He may have been just comparing them since it was one site. Not sure what he is doing with them but there was a bailer hooked up to the 6155R and he commented on the tractor being overkill. So it is possible that he was using something else until his 5100R came in. :dunno:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry for the late replies! :lolol:

Dave
The bigger tractor is a 6155R

The sprayer video was way cool - thanks!
Thanks -- the precision applications on the display and rate controller, combined with the Command8 are very awesome to operate!

Dave
I guess there is a chance that it isn't his. Maybe he uses it. I was just assuming it is his. Maybe it is a loner, rental or family members. He may have been just comparing them since it was one site. Not sure what he is doing with them but there was a bailer hooked up to the 6155R and he commented on the tractor being overkill. So it is possible that he was using something else until his 5100R came in. :dunno:
The 6155R was a loaner from the dealer until the 5100R got delivered, since it took so long.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks -- the precision applications on the display and rate controller, combined with the Command8 are very awesome to operate!

I watched the video and was pretty amazed at the display indicating coverage and overlap and missed areas, etc. Made me realize how simple my thinking is when I use "cruise control" to manage my fertilizer applications! :p

But... I was also wondering how much JD charges for that kind of service and the kind of hardware that is required to receive the satellite coverage?!?

Regards,

AKfish

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I watched the video and was pretty amazed at the display indicating coverage and overlap and missed areas, etc. Made me realize how simple my thinking is when I use "cruise control" to manage my fertilizer applications!

But... I was also wondering how much JD charges for that kind of service and the kind of hardware that is required to receive the satellite coverage?!?
It is pretty impressive. All in all, it isn't as expensive as I figured. The Starfire 6000 with SF1 activation was about $2,500 and so was the 4240 Display. The Rate Controller 2000 was also around $2,500. There were some other costs for AutoTrac on the tractor... but, it's almost a challenge now to see what all it can be used for... and the answer is literally everything!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts