Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to buy a 1025R with a 260B Backhoe soon. Although I’ve driven tractors since I was a teenager, this will be my first tractor purchase.

When do they come out with the next year models? I’d imagine there’s not much change, but would probably be worth waiting a month or 2 for the 2019 model.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Deere (ad pretty much every other tractor manufacturer) doesn't really have "model years". They have a model and the year it was built. So the 2018 "model year" will end on December 31st, 2018 and the 2019 "model year" will start January 1st, 2019.

I haven't heard of any changes in the pipeline for the 1025R but the rumor mill doesn't usually start churning about that sort of thing until 4-5 months prior to any changes actually hitting the production line at the factory. Any changes are typically noted by a serial number break.

·
Super Moderator
2,260 Posts
What Jim said. :thumbup1gif:

And don't get hung up on the "model year". These aren't like cars and trucks model years. A new 2017 1025R setting at a dealer with 1 or 2 hrs on it is going to have the same warrenty as the 2018 with a couple or few hours on it, if neither are yet registered as sold with JD.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Considering they just updated it for 2018, I wouldnt hold my breath that anything at all will be different. Its actually not a good thing to have changes every model year, as it makes parts availability down the line just that much harder to maintain after production is done.

The only thing worth waiting for is some kind of sale, or special financing, which they are running now I believe.

·
Super Moderator
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deere (ad pretty much every other tractor manufacturer) doesn't really have "model years". They have a model and the year it was built. So the 2018 "model year" will end on December 31st, 2018 and the 2019 "model year" will start January 1st, 2019.

I haven't heard of any changes in the pipeline for the 1025R but the rumor mill doesn't usually start churning about that sort of thing until 4-5 months prior to any changes actually hitting the production line at the factory. Any changes are typically noted by a serial number break.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts