Green Tractor Talk banner

1001 - 1020 of 1565 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
tj1--thanks for stepping in to say i'm not the cross dresser-ha! Pappa knows better too. my wife looked him up and we read a fairly long article on him --underneath all that long hair she has now is quite the brain there.

yesterday another person tested postive that is around 45 miles from me. getting closer every week here.

what do uns think about all them people who fled NYC to the south now. they think a lot of them people are carriers, so look out BIG--its on its way
BJ,
Pappa and I and everyone else knows your not a cross dresser! Good jingling Joseph! It was the way it was worded that led to the comment! It was a play on words that you didn't know if he/she was or not, hence; Really JIm.. Anyone who operates a dozer couldn't be a crossdresser,, your skirt would get all tangled up in the controls!!!! Unless,,,,, you wear a mini skirt! :rolleyes: Dozer on and don't worry your reputation is safe! Who here wears woman's pants??? Not you right!!! :unsure:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
MN is shutting down at midnight on Friday until April 10.

BEER RUN!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
BJ,
Pappa and I and everyone else knows your not a cross dresser! Good jingling Joseph! It was the way it was worded that led to the comment! It was a play on words that you didn't know if he/she was or not, hence; Really JIm.. Anyone who operates a dozer couldn't be a crossdresser,, your skirt would get all tangled up in the controls!!!! Unless,,,,, you wear a mini skirt! :rolleyes: Dozer on and don't worry your reputation is safe! Who here wears woman's pants??? Not you right!!! :unsure:
amen-what a great post thank u.
p.s.-for what it's worth--i have wore sweat pants to work running dozer-not trucking--a time or 2:censored::D

·
Registered
3,330 Posts

BEER RUN!!!!!!
Yes the Governor put the fear of God in us didn't he? It really is getting scary.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
amen-what a great post thank u.
p.s.-for what it's worth--i have wore sweat pants to work running dozer-not trucking--a time or 2:censored::D
That would be an issue; Only if they were PINK Jim!!!

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
Yes the Governor put the fear of God in us didn't he? It really is getting scary.
Our governor keeps saying the same thing day after day after day, And they break in to what you are watching with the headline BREAKING NEWS.., getting pretty sick and tired of it, we all didnt just wake up from a coma!. Essential people only out and about, most businesses are closed and told to stay home, but not quite total lockdown.. YET.
Now we got our local selectmen repeating what the governor has stated,, He's blocked from now on! We know;;; stay home, wash your hands and stay away from people.. Got it, now shut the heck up.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if our SD schools stayed closed 'til fall.
I think that is going to be the case just about everywhere. I can't see going through a closure, and getting all this remote learning up and running then opening school for a month in May.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,010
The COVID-19 map of the US this afternoon looks allot like one of those pictures they shoot at night that shows all of the street lights at night, Pretty much based on population. There is a new Oxford study out that suggest the the pandemic is at a latter stage than than previously thought and millions of people have already had COVID-19 with mild or no symptoms.

New Oxford study suggests millions of people may have already built up coronavirus immunity
But another Yahoo article says this maybe flawed
Oxford research claiming two-thirds of Britons may have overcome coronavirus 'has key failings', experts warn

Anyway the map has more red as testing gets underway in Ernst:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I just saw this...

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first.
Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”
GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week.
Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers.
Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.”
Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community.
NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”
Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”.
Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.

We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

What they didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a little more time and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!
I love being an American. I've been thinking for a few days about all of the people and companies you mentioned, Keith, It may happen other places, but no one does it better than America. Thanks for posting. You made my day.🇺🇸

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
BJ,
Unless,,,,, you wear a mini skirt! :rolleyes: Dozer on and don't worry your reputation is safe! Who here wears woman's pants??? Not you right!!! :unsure:
That would be an issue; Only if they were PINK Jim!!!
Bite Me tj1.

Yeah BigJim, don't be this guy...
Me_1.jpg

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Go Senator Cruz. Probably the only ones listening are yahoos like us. I doubt that the other 99 senators and the house members pay attention at all.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

BEER RUN!!!!!!
As of today, Minnesota has 235 cases (test positive) and still 1 death (80 year-old man with heart disease). Not exactly a hotbed of coronavirus, and maybe these efforts will prevent it from coming to that....or maybe an overreaction. Hard to know

No COVID-19 in our county yet. Things are quiet, stopped at the grocery this morning after leaving work...the store is stocked. My guess is that the governor's press conference will set off a new panic and bring out those who didn't already get a good start on hoarding.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I was listening to one of the press conferences from the MN Governor. They said something like 78% of jobs in Minnesota are considered essential so it really isn't going to have a huge impact really. We do have a lot of health care industry but then you throw in grocery stores remaining open. Liquor stores remaining open and all the other stuff. I don't know that it changes all that much.

We are pretty much all considered essential. I have been home all week but still working. More hours than ever. But I am salary so it doesn't matter.

It is two weeks (starting midnight 11:59pm Friday) of shelter in place (kind of). Followed by another 3 weeks of what we did this week where as much working from home as possible. Followed by I think they said another 5 weeks for separation from those vulnerable which would be nursing homes and such. Of course all of this is subject to change.

Bars, restaurants, barber shops, salons and such closed until May 1. Schools closed until May 4 at least but we start distance learning on Monday.

My wife keeps asking when I am going to shave, I say I can't, the barbers are closed. She explains that I don't go there for a shave. But what if I did, I wouldn't want to get in trouble by being accused of going to an underground barber. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I was listening to one of the press conferences from the MN Governor. They said something like 78% of jobs in Minnesota are considered essential so it really isn't going to have a huge impact really. We do have a lot of health care industry but then you throw in grocery stores remaining open. Liquor stores remaining open and all the other stuff. I don't know that it changes all that much.

We are pretty much all considered essential. I have been home all week but still working. More hours than ever. But I am salary so it doesn't matter.

It is two weeks (starting midnight 11:59pm Friday) of shelter in place (kind of). Followed by another 3 weeks of what we did this week where as much working from home as possible. Followed by I think they said another 5 weeks for separation from those vulnerable which would be nursing homes and such. Of course all of this is subject to change.

Bars, restaurants, barber shops, salons and such closed until May 1. Schools closed until May 4 at least but we start distance learning on Monday.

My wife keeps asking when I am going to shave, I say I can't, the barbers are closed. She explains that I don't go there for a shave. But what if I did, I wouldn't want to get in trouble by being accused of going to an underground barber. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, my takeaway too. I can't imagine that this is going to be enforced very enthusiastically. I take this as a "strong suggestion" from the governor. I hope he considers hardware stores to be "essential".

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Yesterday, at 8:00am going to the doctor office for an appointment. The traffic was a real problem...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
The paper towel and heiny wipe row, shown below..........good thing I have cases here at home, as they couldn't "Spare a Square"...........this was on the way home from the doctors office.

Two things they didn't have at the store, completely out. NO Milk, None of any grade (I only drink Fat free milk) and no carrots. None. Not one package. Lot's of lettuce, radishes, all sorts of fresh vegetables and plenty of quantity, but NO carrots.

I "axed" one of the workers in the store what was up with the carrots and his look was like "I would rather kill the next person who asks me a next question than answer it." I bet they are sick of answering questions about "when will the store get more.........".

Amazon is still delivering on schedule here, although they keep indicating in emails that they could get backed up due to demand. I ordered Monday Afternoon and packages were here today, right after lunch. Normally, our Amazon deliveries are between 7am and 7:20am like clock work on the Blink cameras.

Today's Amazon order was not quite as efficient as their normal as we had two different Amazon delivery trucks here within 20 minutes. One of their silver and blue vans and then an all while van of the same style, likely awaiting its new wrap.

Chewy.com sent me an email today about our "AutoShip" order, which is scheduled to ship April 2, 2020. The message was to let us know that they are holding inventory for their "Auto Ship Customers" to make sure the orders are filled ahead of new customer order, but that doesn't mean they could be out of an item.

Interestingly, they indicated that if we waited for our April 2, order to ship as scheduled, it could take 8 to 10 days to get the order. They suggested changing the order date to "immediate" to avoid delays beyond the normal shipment date. This, of course, moves up the next Auto Shipment from the 2nd of May to the 25th of April. Fine with me.

Now these are high priority items, as they are the treats we pass out to the neighborhood dogs when we walk each day as well as my K9 kids favorite stuff and their Blue Buffalo food, etc. I could have a mutiny on my hands if we don't have dog treats and goodies.
Paperaisle.jpg

1001 - 1020 of 1565 Posts