Green Tractor Talk banner

1021 - 1040 of 1298 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
cant tell wi is shut down from the amount of traffic on the highways. I stopped at menards on the way home from work. Wasn’t many other shoppers. They had laundry soap and other Cleaning products in stock.

my employer gave me some paperwork stating who I was working for and that I can be out and about. i mentioned that the news says we don’t need any paper work to travel. Was told we’re going to need It sooner or later and things a likely to get far worse than what it is now.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Yesterday, at 8:00am going to the doctor office for an appointment. The traffic was a real problem...
I had called the doctors office to make sure they were open as this was an appointment with the spine doc. I asked if we could come in and get the paperwork and leave them my cell number, so I could complete the usual 5 pages in the car instead of in the waiting room. I told them I was not having any symptoms, just would rather not be in the "common spaces" of the waiting rooms. etc. I asked them to call when they were ready and I would be right in, as the parking is right outside of the office door. They said "that would be fine".

Then, as I was leaving, the receptionist followed me out of the office and she taped a sign to the outside of the door which said the following;

Please follow these rules effective Immediately

1. "Patients only in the building. No family members or others should enter the building unless the patient requires their full time assistance"

2. When the patient enters the office, we will provide you with the forms you need to complete. Please return to your vehicle and wait to be called to come back into the building to see the doctor..

3. We will call your cell phone when the nurse is ready to take you to the exam room. Please wait in your car until we call you when its time to enter the building.

Thank you for following these directions during this time. Our goal is to minimize the risk to patients and staff by limiting contact."

They must have liked my idea............ (y)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yeah, my takeaway too. I can't imagine that this is going to be enforced very enthusiastically. I take this as a "strong suggestion" from the governor. I hope he considers hardware stores to be "essential".
Hardware stores were on the list I saw. I think enforcement is going to be MN nice enforcement. Meaning your neighbors will glare at you if they see you out and about.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hardware stores were on the list I saw. I think enforcement is going to be MN nice enforcement. Meaning your neighbors will glare at you if they see you out and about.
LOL. Exactly. I'm OK with the neighborly glares. Minnesota Nice also means the State Troopers will write you a ticket but feel really bad about it, and the Sheriff's Deputies will just wave and drive on by.

Relieved about the hardware stores.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I had called the doctors office to make sure they were open as this was an appointment with the spine doc. I asked if we could come in and get the paperwork and leave them my cell number, so I could complete the usual 5 pages in the car instead of in the waiting room. I told them I was not having any symptoms, just would rather not be in the "common spaces" of the waiting rooms. etc. I asked them to call when they were ready and I would be right in, as the parking is right outside of the office door. They said "that would be fine".

Then, as I was leaving, the receptionist followed me out of the office and she taped a sign to the outside of the door which said the following;

Please follow these rules effective Immediately

1. "Patients only in the building. No family members or others should enter the building unless the patient requires their full time assistance"

2. When the patient enters the office, we will provide you with the forms you need to complete. Please return to your vehicle and wait to be called to come back into the building to see the doctor..

3. We will call your cell phone when the nurse is ready to take you to the exam room. Please wait in your car until we call you when its time to enter the building.

Thank you for following these directions during this time. Our goal is to minimize the risk to patients and staff by limiting contact."

They must have liked my idea............ (y)

This was happening here for the past few days, got this from my chiropractor.

Screenshot_20200325-200934.png

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
Our Chiropractor was doing same thing this past Monday. Received a email from his office today,, They will only be open Monday and Thur afternoon for acute conditions only , till the end of this .
Still stay in your car till they come and open the door for you.

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
Whoever said that "one person cannot change the world" has never eaten a live bat.
hey the guy got his bat cooked-ok. the one who butchered it is the one who started all this junk. at least that is what fox news reported when the austrian scientist led them thru the back of the wet restaurant where all this junk started at.
that news footage has not surfaced at all again. i was so lucky to get to see it--at 2 am that day.

well according to the pital in boston, Mass. the end of the world is approaching. just about of all PPE stuff, and no rooms soon.

now i want to see all these people who is sick or gotten sick. IDK-but maybe we're being fed some fake news???

something don't seemm to add up as i see and hear trump saying ahh-fema is getting the stuff out to the pitals. then i see these news casts saying they got a near meltdown.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I still think it came from the lab in Wuhan. I don't think they made it/engineered it but were studying it and it got out. They study the coronavirus in Wuhan and you want me to believe it was a coincidence? I don't think so....

Experts know the new coronavirus is not a bioweapon. They disagree on whether it could have leaked from a research lab - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
If you wondered about social distancing, Uncle Si has some tips.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,664 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
This state shut Down is causing a lot of confusion. It’s pretty clear that I can work. But the governor is saying we can go out and get exercise and the parks and trails are open. Yet on the local level we’re getting told parks are closed and one can only leave your home to go to work,doctor or grocery store. Just because the governor says you can go fishing doesn’t mean you can drive to the lake.

·
Premium Member
12,888 Posts
I just saw this...

The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores. People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first.
Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”
GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week.
Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out snacks to truckers.
Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.”
Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community.
NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”
Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”.
Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.

We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

What they didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a little more time and we will be doing much better! And stop listening to the hysterical media!!
Just to be clear, I saw that on Facebook.
Thanks Keith, kind of glad I'm a little behind on this thread, there couldn't have been a better way to start my day.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's very interesting arguments in our household. You all can see that I am a "Let's not worry about this until we have something to worry about" kinda guy.
My wife on the other hand works in a nursing home and is living like we're at ground zero of this chinese plague. I get it, this could go through the nursing home like creamed corn through a baby leaving blue hairs toes up everywhere, so yeah, it could get serious.
We debate alot of scenarios and seldom settle on an agreeable position, but we do respect each others opinion.

I'm just so ready to get back to normal.
Maybe,hopefully by the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
It's very interesting arguments in our household. You all can see that I am a "Let's not worry about this until we have something to worry about" kinda guy.
My wife on the other hand works in a nursing home and is living like we're at ground zero of this chinese plague. I get it, this could go through the nursing home like creamed corn through a baby leaving blue hairs toes up everywhere, so yeah, it could get serious.
We debate alot of scenarios and seldom settle on an agreeable position, but we do respect each others opinion.

I'm just so ready to get back to normal.
Maybe,hopefully by the end of the week.
She should be concerned. It's run through some nursing homes like gas through a funnel. It seems by the time they figure it out half the people and a quarter of the staff have it. The National Guard medics are running a nursing home near here because that happened.

They 20 people in line at the little burger stand last night must not have gotten the governor's lock down message.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Interestingly, when you look at the global map of the virus, huge void of declared infection in Russia. Even Iceland has it, but the bulk of Russia is clear of "red circles".........

This will go through countries like Africa and India like a wildfire with a 80 mph wind. Little to no medical facilities in many areas and horrible sanitary practices in much of these areas. It's slow in getting started because the population doesn't travel internationally, or most beyond very local travel. But when the virus arrives, it will get the majority of the population because of the living conditions. etc.

Now the medical ethicists are suggesting mandatory DNR orders on all virus victims who code. Makes sense. By time the medical staff gets all protected, the time to respond with CPR, etc has past. Plus, the risk is very high of staff getting infected in the process.

I wonder how funeral homes are handling the dead with the virus now being found to live on objects for 5 days or longer. Cremation has been increasing in popularity in society and this will likely step it up even more.

People ignoring the distancing and stay at home practices are only prolonging this entire thing for the entire nation.........Go outside, work in the yard, get stuff done, but avoid crowds and avoid groups of people and keep your distance from everyone who isn't in the same household.

The local dollar general stores which my friend owns the buildings and real estate and leases to Dollar General, they have put tape lines on the floor at the check out areas to keep people 6 feet apart. Yesterday, in one of the stores, an older woman was at the counter and this guy was standing right behind her, less than a foot away. She asked him nicely three times to back up and he went off, and started yelling and screaming at her and then he went up real close to her and coughed in her face. He is lucky I wasn't there or I would have knocked his arse out. Police were called and they are looking for the guy.................What is wrong with people?

The woman was in tears and I imagine is now scared to death. And just yesterday, despite it being a very small town of less than 400 people where this happened, they had two cases of the virus confirmed in town.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Interestingly, when you look at the global map of the virus, huge void of declared infection in Russia. Even Iceland has it, but the bulk of Russia is clear of "red circles".........

This will go through countries like Africa and India like a wildfire with a 80 mph wind. Little to no medical facilities in many areas and horrible sanitary practices in much of these areas. It's slow in getting started because the population doesn't travel internationally, or most beyond very local travel. But when the virus arrives, it will get the majority of the population because of the living conditions. etc.

Now the medical ethicists are suggesting mandatory DNR orders on all virus victims who code. Makes sense. By time the medical staff gets all protected, the time to respond with CPR, etc has past. Plus, the risk is very high of staff getting infected in the process.

I wonder how funeral homes are handling the dead with the virus now being found to live on objects for 5 days or longer. Cremation has been increasing in popularity in society and this will likely step it up even more.

People ignoring the distancing and stay at home practices are only prolonging this entire thing for the entire nation.........Go outside, work in the yard, get stuff done, but avoid crowds and avoid groups of people and keep your distance from everyone who isn't in the same household.

The local dollar general stores which my friend owns the buildings and real estate and leases to Dollar General, they have put tape lines on the floor at the check out areas to keep people 6 feet apart. Yesterday, in one of the stores, an older woman was at the counter and this guy was standing right behind her, less than a foot away. She asked him nicely three times to back up and he went off, and started yelling and screaming at her and then he went up real close to her and coughed in her face. He is lucky I wasn't there or I would have knocked his arse out. Police were called and they are looking for the guy.................What is wrong with people?

The woman was in tears and I imagine is now scared to death. And just yesterday, despite it being a very small town of less than 400 people where this happened, they had two cases of the virus confirmed in town.
This is probably why they closed the gun shops down,, fear of people going off on idiots like this guy.. Crap happening at stores with the lack of items, people fighting over TP if you can find it, tempers are up there according to my wife who just got back from the grocery store.. Not even canned cat food out there!
To many jerks out there with this virus thing and it will get a lot worse than better anytime soon. Media and their constant panic speeches or BREAKING NEWS Hooey.
I am receiving calls for permits and they what them now.. Well with the Town Halls closed to even the employees,, not gonna happen regardless of what people demand.. Go ahead and start to build, I'm not going after you but when we get back to normal, you better be right with what you're doing..
My zoning officer has wrapped himself up in cotton and is living in his closet! He's a hypochondriac and gets everything anyone else has.. I wonder if you can die from having nothing, but your brain telling you that you are sick?

1021 - 1040 of 1298 Posts