1041 - 1060 of 1299 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
A quick comment/addition to Sulley's comment on Dollar General and tape lines:

Our local CVS in Athens Tn has put a table in front of the check out counter...between the 3' table and the 3' counter, the cashier is "relatively" safe! No lockdown in TN....yet. Bob

·
Registered
562 Posts
People ignoring the distancing and stay at home practices are only prolonging this entire thing for the entire nation.........Go outside, work in the yard, get stuff done, but avoid crowds and avoid groups of people and keep your distance from everyone who isn't in the same household.
🖒 that's the only way we are going to get a hold of this thing and get back to some semblance of normal

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Surprised the store police didn't arrest her for stealing TP and hiding it in her sweat pants..
I actually know her! She actually weighs 98 pounds and has a drop dead figure! Are you going to join the big lemming outing on Easter Sunday?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Just a something for the board to digest on this beautiful day. This started it all.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
They must have liked my idea..........
Sulley,

How dare you exercise "common sense"!
Laugh1.gif

Yesterday, I had an MRI at Orthopedic One for my lower back problems. No signs were posted, but I had all my paperwork prepared at home. When I arrived for my appointment, I stood outside the building until they finished screening the patient in front of me. I noticed that the people behind me were following my lead. Everyone was staying away from each other. Because I was on medication, my wife was required to drive me to and from the facility. After screening, I was allowed to enter. The first thing I told the receptionist was my wife's phone number as she was goin to wait in the car. When the procedure was over, they called her and she was waiting at the door in the car.

Now I don't proclaim to be a rocket scientist, but the good "Lord" gave me a dose of "common sence ". You can teach a person to be a rocket scientist, but you just can't teach common sense.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I'm pretty sure the count in Russia is correct. I think they just ask people if they have it. "If you have the virus we kill you." " Do you have virus?" 😨

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
Got to visit the big city today - well the biggest city I get to in my travels - has a population of 44,000. To me it’s the city and dread going every 3 months to my regular Rheumatologist appointments.

I planned ahead and packed a lunch, snacks, and water. I wasn’t about to venture into any of the crowded mini marts.

I expected traffic to be non existent like the photo that SB posted the other day of the empty highway. I was amazed as I got closer and closer - I would say that traffic might have been 20% less than norm at 10am. Then I have about 3 miles to travel on a route that us full of various stores. In that 3 miles there must be 10-12 traffic lights. Traffic was crazy just as it usually is.

So in my mind people are ignoring the suggestions of staying home. It’s not mandatory in Pa yet except for the eastern most counties and around Pittsburgh.

I guess people don’t care - reminded me of what is said around here about the “ME” mentalility.

At the docs office which again to me is a huge place. I was greeted just inside the door by a nurse who took my temp. Then she asked me to stay where I was until the people who were then checking in were done. I was at least 20’ from them.

After checking in I was pleasantly surprised to see only 2 people in the waiting room. This is usually packed with around 30 people.

The rest of the visit went well - everyone keeping their distance etc. Everyone seemed in a good mood.

My experience there was 100 times better than my experience last Tuesday going to Walmart for the senior only hour which I will never do again!

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I actually know her! She actually weighs 98 pounds and has a drop dead figure! Are you going to join the big lemming outing on Easter Sunday?
Nope....

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
Surprised the store police didn't arrest her for stealing TP and hiding it in her sweat pants..
would u want to retrieve that TP from her--ha!! not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,976 Posts
Coaltrain--where ur saying all that traffic is where lots of redlights are. i know exactly where u mean--have u missed all the grocery stores along that part of the road. wally world, sams club, target, i probably missed a few, then u got TSC along there, was a furniture store there, but i bet its closed. if there's any traffic to be found, its gonna be in that short piece of road.

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
Coaltrain--where ur saying all that traffic is where lots of redlights are. i know exactly where u mean--have u missed all the grocery stores along that part of the road. wally world, sams club, target, i probably missed a few, then u got TSC along there, was a furniture store there, but i bet its closed. if there's any traffic to be found, its gonna be in that short piece of road.
I know Walmart and Sams Club is there. I didn’t know that Target sold food. That is the only Target store I‘ve ever seen -never been in one of course.

And yes - Tractor Supply was pretty busy also.

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
People are completely ignoring the “stay at home” order here. Traffic is still less than normal only because there’s no school or tourists. It’s nuts. Everyone is “essential” it seems. Even the local Harley shop sent out an email saying they have a 24 hotline you can call so they can meet your needs. Really? Who needs to call Harley at 2am? What a crock...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
People are completely ignoring the “stay at home” order here. Traffic is still less than normal only because there’s no school or tourists. It’s nuts. Everyone is “essential” it seems. Even the local Harley shop sent out an email saying they have a 24 hotline you can call so they can meet your needs. Really? Who needs to call Harley at 2am? What a crock...
We just got an "A+" in Minnesota😁. Traffic is down 44% according to some company that figured it out by cell phone location data (scary).
The John Deere dealer is open but sent out emails saying to use the customer portal to order then pickup parts at drop zones located around the county.
I can't speak for the metro area, but I really think the average Minnesotan is taking this pretty seriously. Part of that in my locality is probably the fact that Mayo is fully on board, and trumpeting the message loud and clear.
They are using this lockdown and working around the clock to build up capacity for a surge of ICU patients.

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
Absolutely no enforcement here either. Everyone is worried about having "essential personnel" letters in case they are pulled over, but really? The police aren't bothering to do normal business. They don't want to be exposed any more than they already are. The whole thing is crazy.

Take precautions, you should, especially if you are in the danger zone or have extenuating circumstances. But going crazy and panicking isn't helping. Neither is ignoring basic health steps or orders from your local governments.

This is also NOT the time to start taking away your Constitutional rights. What I'm witnessing is just an absolute disgrace to our country.

Please be smart. Be safe. Don't hoard. Stay at home if you can if under order. Please, most importantly, follow basic safety and health guidelines and wash your hands often and don't expose yourself unnecessarily. Don't go visiting people. Use your phone instead of being there in person. Family should even be kept at a distance. It actually means you love them if you keep your distance.

We don't need to be crazy or hurt ourselves or our fellow neighbors by not following these easy steps...

This too will pass.

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
We just got an "A+" in Minnesota😁. Traffic is down 44% according to some company that figured it out by cell phone location data (scary).
The John Deere dealer is open but sent out emails saying to use the customer portal to order then pickup parts at drop zones located around the county.
I can't speak for the metro area, but I really think the average Minnesotan is taking this pretty seriously. Part of that in my locality is probably the fact that Mayo is fully on board, and trumpeting the message loud and clear.
They are using this lockdown and working around the clock to build up capacity for a surge of ICU patients.
My closest John Deere dealer, 10 miles away, is open. I have another one about 15 miles away (owned by same company) and it's open too. Traffic is down, but not much. The soft "lockdown" doesn't go into effect until tomorrow midnight, but I don't anticipate much change. As Sennister mentioned, the governor-declared "essential" services are defined such that about 78% of Minnesota residents work in "essential" services. Sadly, my barber isn't one of them, apparently. That's going to be a problem, and soon. I agree that most Minnesotans will go along, pretty much. There won't be any enforcement.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I was thinking we might catch Italy today but to pass them and China all at once was a shock. Considering that they are saying there are a lot of people infected that haven't been tested so not part of the count is interesting.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well today I found out my place of employment is closed until June. I guess I’ll have plenty of time to hunt Turkeys this spring! Gobble Gobble!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,060
They said New Orleans is in huge trouble sounds like it was blooming during their celebration week.

Italy’s peaked along wit Iran and are down to only 8% a day increase and falling. South Korea is doing much better. If the curves hold we will see the peak some point next week then it should drop steady if folks are careful.

1041 - 1060 of 1299 Posts