Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
'20 1025R TLB, 54D, AP10F, AV20F, LR2060L, '20 CC ZTX4-54
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks for the response. My 1025R is scheduled to arrive in a couple weeks and I’m in a position where I can still choose the 60D instead of the 54D.

If you could do it again, would you choose the 60D?

If the LNG brackets do indeed allow for a better fitment on the 60D, I’ll probably move to the 60” deck.
The purpose of starting this thread was to bring up the issue, which was fairly new at the time. I was tired of the answers that "this is the way it is" or "just use the ramps" I heard from the "professionals". I paid for the product, and I am expecting a full use of it. If there is a limitation of use in this product, we should be aware of it, .. say " installing this bracket will decrease the mowing height to 3.5"". Also, I couldn't understand (still can not) how come this product left the manufacture w/o proper testing. However, now, after reading MarkEagleUSA post, I am wondering, what has changed, that made his being fully operable and mine isn't.
To answer your question, I would still go with 54D. Works better for me as I use it primearly for leafs pick up with a Cyclone Rake and I use zero turn for mowing. Therefore, to me "there is no difference in mowing at 4" or 3.5"" as the "professionals" say. Good luck. Enjoy your tractor, and little glich like this one won't change a fact that you purchased awesome tractor.
Hopefully, Deere will come up with remedy soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well, they do work for some of us so it obviously passed some design/QC criteria.

FYI, I installed my LnG's after taking delivery of the tractor.

I told my salesman that I wanted to see that the deck was adjusted properly before accepting it and the tech showed me the left/right and front/rear blade heights during the pre-delivery demo. Everything was to spec and the deck locked at #4. There simply cannot be that much variation from one machine to the next. I still think you problem lies in the mowe/lift setup and not the Load-N-Go.
"lies in the mowe/lift setup" . If you mean the dial shows a different height then a blade real height, then, is not an issue in my case. I checked up to 3.5" (that's heighest I could lift). Both are accurate. What's left then?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,267 Posts
"lies in the mowe/lift setup" . If you mean the dial shows a different height then a blade real height, then, is not an issue in my case. I checked up to 3.5" (that's heighest I could lift). Both are accurate. What's left then?
I was talking about the mechanical linkage. I clearly have over an inch of clearance between the LnG and the hydraulic ports. When I looked under mine yesterday the frame stop on the linkage and the one on the deck both had about 1/2" clearance left so even if I could lift higher there still wouldn't be contact with the couplers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I was talking about the mechanical linkage. I clearly have over an inch of clearance between the LnG and the hydraulic ports. When I looked under mine yesterday the frame stop on the linkage and the one on the deck both had about 1/2" clearance left so even if I could lift higher there still wouldn't be contact with the couplers.
Very interesting point. I will check it while have deck on the next time.
It just makes me wonder, would dealer check the linkage in first places, when I brought up this issue. They have a tractor for two weeks while installing 3rd function SCV.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,267 Posts
Very interesting point. I will check it while have deck on the next time.
It just makes me wonder, would dealer check the linkage in first places, when I brought up this issue. They have a tractor for two weeks while installing 3rd function SCV.
They should but there's plenty of case of dealers not knowing or doing the right thing. Any dealer who says that the LnG hitting the couplers is OK under any circumstance is plain wrong, and you don't have to be an engineer to understand that.

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
Congratulations on your new tractor. I hope you're right that Deere holds shipments of the brackets due to bad design. It means , our voices were heard. So far, I haven't hear from my dealer who promised to let me know if fix becomes available. Other than this "little design glich" the brackets work great and make all difference in handle and maintain MMM.
I am wondering if this is a design issue or an installation issue? How could these brackets work fine on one tractor but not the next?
I am thinking the whole thing might be the height set up adjustment. The mower height has to be set so that when the deck is set to the “4” position there is still clerance between the couplings and the load n go bracket. The deck adjustment would have to be dropped down at least the difference between the regular drive over bracket and the load n go bracket which I am guessing is about 2” higher than the factory set height? Anyone agree with this thinking?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,267 Posts
I am wondering if this is a design issue or an installation issue? How could these brackets work fine on one tractor but not the next?
I am thinking the whole thing might be the height set up adjustment. The mower height has to be set so that when the deck is set to the “4” position there is still clerance between the couplings and the load n go bracket. The deck adjustment would have to be dropped down at least the difference between the regular drive over bracket and the load n go bracket which I am guessing is about 2” higher than the factory set height? Anyone agree with this thinking?
There are stops on the lift linkage and the deck to keep it from going too high. At the #4 setting mine still has 1/2" clearance to the couplers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just hope they figure it out soon. I have a brand new tractor that I just made the first payment on and it is still sitting at the dealers after 4 weeks!
My 1025R is supposed to arrive at the dealer next week. I still have the option of going with the 60D deck. I originally wanted the 54D, but if the LNG brackets leave more clearance with the 60D for whatever reason, I'll likely go that way.

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
My 1025R is supposed to arrive at the dealer next week. I still have the option of going with the 60D deck. I originally wanted the 54D, but if the LNG brackets leave more clearance with the 60D for whatever reason, I'll likely go that way.
Just got word from my dealer that John Deere is starting to produce the brackets again but it will be the end of July until the dealers get them. I am having mine delivered and they will put the brackets on once JD ships them out

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
I apologize for my ignorance, but why is this supposedly just an issue on the 54D? Even though the 60D is wider, wouldn’t the LNG ramps line up in the same spot?
No, the 60” brackets are shifted a bit due to the gear box location so, even know they have the same distance spread between them, they are somewhat to the outside of the hydraulic couplers

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I've been a member of GTT for some time already, however, this is my first post (long time lurker, first time poster). So...please be easy on me, especially with all the technical terminology which I am not so familiar with yet.

I just got a 2020 1025R TLB in November of last year, with a 54" MMM Load-N-Go. Love the machine, so far I've proudly put 4.6 hrs on it. I have noticed some issues with the right Load-N-Go bracket. To be specific, the bracket presses on one of the bottom connectors when the deck is in its highest position. I have also noticed that the deck height adjustment knob doesn't go all the way up and stops one mark below its highest setting. I have already contacted my dealer. Since I was scheduled to have a 3rd function selective valve installed, they took the tractor.

After a few days I found out that there is nothing they can do about it other than "open a case with Deere", or....that I should either use ramps or the Load-N-Go. I was then told I shouldn't worry about deck height adjustment because there is really no difference with mowing the lawn at 3.5" vs 4". Dealer claims that brackets were installed correctly in pre-punched holes. I was told that they will "open a case" and if there are more complaints like mine then, eventually, Deere will come up with a fix. "Until then???", I thought. So I have no other recourse or solutions to this issue until Deere has enough complaints made to warrant some kind of resolution or fix?

It is hard to believe that Deere made such a poor design and offered it to their consumers. While seeking for common sense explanations I started thinking that maybe my bracket has some production defect which slipped thru QC?. Bottom line is that this product (bracket) is brand new (for 54" deck) so I should be prepared for defects, malfunctions and imperfections...according to my dealer.

I am wondering if there are more owners having this same problem. Since this Forum has endless knowledge about tractors, your comments and advice are much appreciated. I've exhausted every option at this point and hope you tractor veterans can help me out with this!

Regards,
View attachment 775872 View attachment 775873 View attachment 775874 View attachment 775875
In case your dealer hasn’t gotten back to yet, or hasn’t gotten your issue resolved, I am told by my dealer that there was a conversation with JD parts and they stated the JD had started to produce the redesigned bracket but they probably wouldn’t be shipped until the end of July.

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
So my dealer finally came and installed my load-n-go brackets the first week of August. So far,so good. The bracket clears the hydraulic fittings by about 3/8-1/2". The installer and I ran it up and down several times and I stood on the opposite side of the deck to see if it would push the other side of the deck up against but it held it's position. I have mowed several times with it since and so far no issues. I did notice though that I lost "one click" on my height adjustment. I have yet to take the deck off and try to pick it up with the loader arms as the grass keeps growing like crazy and I have been trying to keep up with 7-1/2 acres of mowing. I will report back when I get a chance to try it.

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
Well, it’s September 9th and i just got my tractor back from the dealers today. It was the second time they had to take it to the shop since installing the load n go brackets on it last month. I asked them to remove the load n go brackets and reset the deck to the original manufacturer specs. JD needs to go back to the drawing board with these brackets.....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well, it’s September 9th and i just got my tractor back from the dealers today. It was the second time they had to take it to the shop since installing the load n go brackets on it last month. I asked them to remove the load n go brackets and reset the deck to the original manufacturer specs. JD needs to go back to the drawing board with these brackets.....
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Reading this thread persuaded me to go with the 60D over the 54D due to the load-n-go issues with the 54D.

I've had the 1025R with 60D for a couple months and haven't had any clearance issues related to the load-n-go brackets. They are offset from the hydraulics with the 60D as opposed to being directly under the hydraulics with the 54D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
[/QUOTE]
Can you please explain what is the problem and what happened since your previous post?. Is it a clearance issue or something else?

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Reading this thread persuaded me to go with the 60D over the 54D due to the load-n-go issues with the 54D.

I've had the 1025R with 60D for a couple months and haven't had any clearance issues related to the load-n-go brackets. They are offset from the hydraulics with the 60D as opposed to being directly under the hydraulics with the 54D.
I upgraded from a 2018 to a 2021 so I could get the load n go brackets. I am limited to a 54” due to gates I need to get through or I would have gone with a 60” deck. The 60” decks don’t seem to have any issues. The 54” version of the brackets are fairly new and seem to be problematic. In order for the brackets to clear the hydraulic couplers the deck settings have to be altered and the height adjustment gauge no longer reads correctly as you can’t raise the mower up as high due to clearance issues. When coupled with some of the changes they have made to the raising/lowering mechanisms and the deck to mower connections they have made, it is not worth the issues created.

·
Registered
2021 JD1025R, 54D,120R
36 Posts
Can you please explain what is the problem and what happened since your previous post?. Is it a clearance issue or something else?
[/QUOTE]
There is no problem with the "clearance" issue directly. When the deck is up there is still 3/8"-1/2" between the brackets and the hydraulic couplers. Something was changed when the brackets were put on that prevents the mower deck coming up to the intended height (the "4" on the gauge). Because of this, the setting is off by a "click or so" and when you have it set at the height where you should put the deck on/take it off, it is not correct. This may have been what caused part of the issue for the first trip back to the dealer for repair (something was bent/broken). After I got it back, I cut the grass and was trying to take the deck off and could not get it to release. This was an issue caused by the nut coming off of the bolt that holds the bracket to keep the front draft arms in place. Not sure if something happened when the dealer was fixing the first issue or if it was unrelated but, it caused the mower to go back to the shop for a second time in less than two weeks. At that point, I asked the dealer to remove the load n go brackets and reset the deck to the original manufacturer settings. I cut all the grass again yesterday and the deck no seems to be level and at the correct height based on the settings. What I wonder is how some of the tractors that have these installed seem to be fine while others are not? Is JD not making the installation instructions clear enough for the dealers?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.