Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They've changed the deck cutting height knob, now it doesn't show a lock symbol. I'm curious if it is still possible to move the deck to the highest position using the 3 PT hitch control and then lock it there so I can brush cut without the arms hanging low.

I looked though the manual and didn't see an answer, but I'm not the best with manuals.

Putting the knob in the position shown in the pic did not lock the arms up. I'm lost.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the lock symbol on my 2017 and it never worked so who knows haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
If you look below the fender for the left rear tire you should see the cam that the deck height position knob rotates under a metal bar attached to the lift linkage.
You can observe when you pick a setting and lower the deck that the metal bar rests on a step of the cam.
Raise the deck and rotate the knob until you see the highest step lined up with the bar and see how that works for you.
My 2015 shows the lock symbol or I would be able to advise more precisely.

·
Registered
342 Posts
They've changed the deck cutting height knob, now it doesn't show a lock symbol. I'm curious if it is still possible to move the deck to the highest position using the 3 PT hitch control and then lock it there so I can brush cut without the arms hanging low.

I looked though the manual and didn't see an answer, but I'm not the best with manuals.

Putting the knob in the position shown in the pic did not lock the arms up. I'm lost.
Lift the deck all the way up, set the height adjustment knob to whatever height you want to mow at, lower the 3-point lever so the deck lowers onto the spiral cam, ...then slowly lift the 3-point until you just see the deck start to lift, then stop.
This makes it so that the 3-point arms are as high as they can be for any mower deck height selected. If I remember correctly, when the dealer salesman showed me this trick, the 3-point arms were about halfway up their full stroke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts