Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I’m brand new to tractors and this forum. I’ve been a desk jockey most of my career until January of this year when my girlfriend bought a 16 acre property and I signed on to help. She bought the 2025r with a bunch of attachments and implements including the mower deck. Despite the John Deere videos, despite the John Deere dealer videos, that make it seem so easy to drive over and connect, it’s never been easy. Not easy going on, not easy coming off. Last time I tried, the front bar attached but not the rear. When I saw the rear did not engage, I backed up to retry. Unfortunately I didn’t notice the front was attached. I kept backing up until the bolt holding that spring-loaded bar bent so bad it then came loose. I’m still waiting for the dealer to come get it and fix it but I’m also wondering if it’s worth it to keep because it doesn’t work as advertised. Any comments/suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
There's a ton of videos out there about adjustments you can make so that putting the deck on/taking it off go smoother but ideally your dealership should have it set up optimally for you when it's delivered. That said, some dealerships are better than others so your mileage may vary. I would absolutely keep it and get to the point that you can take it on and off trouble free. I had to take mine on and off several times before I really felt confident in doing it. Once I got to that point the whole process is now an afterthought. Mine is a little finicky in that I can't have the rear 3pt all the way down like your supposed to when reconnecting. I actually have to have my control lever for the 3pt around the #3 position on the guide for everything to connect right. As far as taking it off goes, I've never had a single issue. That was always the easier of the two operations for me.

Reactions: ChrisPoz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a ton of videos out there about adjustments you can make so that putting the deck on/taking it off go smoother but ideally your dealership should have it set up optimally for you when it's delivered. That said, some dealerships are better than others so your mileage may vary. I would absolutely keep it and get to the point that you can take it on and off trouble free. I had to take mine on and off several times before I really felt confident in doing it. Once I got to that point the whole process is now an afterthought. Mine is a little finicky in that I can't have the rear 3pt all the way down like your supposed to when reconnecting. I actually have to have my control lever for the 3pt around the #3 position on the guide for everything to connect right. As far as taking it off goes, I've never had a single issue. That was always the easier of the two operations for me.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.