Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some help with this one, someone re-plumbed the 3-point on my new to me 2020. Now the SCV lever will only lower it and the new lever on the upper right in the pic raises it...how do I get it back to normal? You can see they ran it off the SCV quick connect in the rear. Thanks!
PS, they also ran the loader off the quick connect.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
The lever on the upper right looks like it goes to the two added rear quick couplers??
For the loader valve, tee in the line between the the SCV and the PCV (pressure control valve) for pressure and plumb the return from the loader valve to a ported transmission filter cover.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lever on the upper right looks like it goes to the two added rear quick couplers??
For the loader valve, tee in the line between the the SCV and the PCV (pressure control valve) for pressure and plumb the return from the loader valve to a ported transmission filter cover.
Zebrafive, yes the lines do come back to the added quick couplers, which I believe was the intent originally, but what ever they did, now pulling that lever is the only way to raise the 3point.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
3 pt being controlled by added 3rd control valve indicates this valve is set up for open center not closed center & moving 3rd control spool blocks oil so it then travels to 3 pt control valve.

"""" As I previously stated on your other thread I suggest to remove male coupler tip on FEL/3rd valve control valve return(out aka RH side of valve) hose,aim open return hose into open tractor hyd filler hole then apply hyd pressure to "in hose" on added control valve with all control levers in neutral & no oil should exit open hose. If oil exits hose then a closed center conversion plug with internal seal is required to aid in correct hyd operation.""'"

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
From your picture, circled in red is the breakaway coupler, controlled by the lever of the SCV to right of the seat.
Where do the two hoses go? Both to the loader valve?
Land vehicle Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
3 pt being controlled by added 3rd control valve indicates this valve is set up for open center not closed center & moving 3rd control spool blocks oil so it then travels to 3 pt control valve.

"""" As I previously stated on your other thread I suggest to remove male coupler tip on FEL/3rd valve control valve return(out aka RH side of valve) hose,aim open return hose into open tractor hyd filler hole then apply hyd pressure to "in hose" on added control valve with all control levers in neutral & no oil should exit open hose. If oil exits hose then a closed center conversion plug with internal seal is required to aid in correct hyd operation.""'"
TxJim, 2020 are only closed center? Correct?
I see what you are saying; valve to the far right of loader valve is an open center valve, using all the flow starving the rockshaft valve, until it is moved/operated, deadending the flow to the added rear quick coupler. But for the loader valve it "sees" it (far right valve, since open center) as a return line.
I wonder if he has it plumbed:
Rear SCV (breakaway coupler) to loader valve (pressure in),
Loader valve return to valve on far right (pressure in),
Valve on far right, return to rear SCV (breakaway coupler) .
With the valve on the far right being an open center valve and the loader valve being closed center?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I agree I think the single spool valve on the RH side of double spool valve is creating the hyd PROBLEM. If this was my tractor & intended to attach double spool valve hoses directly to tractor pressure & ported filter cover I just remove the single spool valve. Yes 2020 has closed center main hyd's. Although it won't affect main hyd operation early model 1020/2020 tractors serial # < 045,199 built for sales in N America has open center power steering & closed center main hyd's

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update.. I have fixed the leaking valves inside the rockshaft. When I disconnected the hoses at the rear quick connects, the 3point worked fine with the normal lever. No with the hoses reconnected, when I pull the first lever down to raise the loader, it also raises the 3point, I tried to close the valve you circled in purple, but there is no screw under that cap. Loader will raise now, but seems slow and shutters some.
Also I removed the return line and didn’t see any oil come out, should I pull one of the levers while it’s disconnected?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As another note I was going to check the pressure control valve, and it appears to be missing... shouldn’t it be where this T connection is?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Your tractor's serial # should be below 045,199 therefore would have open center power steering with hyd oil supplied by a power steering pump mounted on RH frt of engine & therefore has no pressure control valve & it doesn't need a pressure control valve.

Have you checked ALL the previous things I recommended?? IF YOU HAVEN't done so it would make your tractors hyd repair simpler if you performed these tasks before performing other hyd investigations.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,618 Posts
I see future problems with hydraulic oil contamination. The right side shift lever boot should be replaced.
Just saying.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
There can only be water contamination if tractor is washed or parked outside on a rainy day/night!! Just kidding because I agree torn boot needs replacing.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Update.. I have fixed the leaking valves inside the rockshaft. When I disconnected the hoses at the rear quick connects, the 3point worked fine with the normal lever. No with the hoses reconnected, when I pull the first lever down to raise the loader, it also raises the 3point, I tried to close the valve you circled in purple, but there is no screw under that cap. Loader will raise now, but seems slow and shutters some.
Also I removed the return line and didn’t see any oil come out, should I pull one of the levers while it’s disconnected?
I am STILL thinking the valve to the right of the loader valve is your problem. It must be open center. REMOVE this valve, connect the return from the loader valve to the rear breakaway coupler. Then see if your 3 pt & loader operate correctly.
Get a tee and connect the inlet of the loader valve to the steel line by the filter housing that you should having a tee instead of a PCV. Get a ported filter cover for the loader valve outlet line. This will free up your rear breakaway coupler.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
When you removed the return line to check for flow, where did you remove it?
From the loader valve to the inlet of valve at the right?
From the valve at the right where it enters the rear breakaway coupler? If so did you remove the male quick coupler tip from the end of the hose?
I am GUESSING the loader valve is a closed center valve (which is correct) and the valve to the right is an open center valve (which is incorrect). Also having two valves in series is wrong for a closed center system.
No need to pull a lever with the return line disconnected, you will have flow. TxJim wanted you to check for flow with the valve NOT being used, to determine if it was a closed center valve or open center valve. No flow = closed center, flow = open center.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Lanefird
When you disconnected spool valves return line to check for flow did you have scv lever activated so as to supply pressure oil to spool valves "'in port""?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
From the valve at the right where it enters the rear breakaway coupler? If so did you remove the male quick coupler tip from the end of the hose?
I am GUESSING the loader valve is a closed center valve (which is correct) and the valve to the right is an open center valve (which is incorrect). Also having two valves in series is wrong for a closed center system.
If 2 spool valve is correctly set for closed center operation then only time one spool valve would have pressure is when one or both 2 spool valve levers weren't in home(neutral) position

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I disconnected the return line at the quick coupler, I did not remove the end piece however.
Tx Jim, the SCV lever is missing if you remember, lookslike they just opened it and took the lever off so it would continuously supply oil to the quick connects.
It sounds like I need to to just get rid of the single valve all together and stick with the loader valve. I do have a new ported filter cover coming, hopefully tomorrow, and I’m going to run the loader off a tee.
So Tx Jim, your saying I don’t need the PCV, so I can just tee into that line behind the other tee that’s there for the loader?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree I think the single spool valve on the RH side of double spool valve is creating the hyd PROBLEM. If this was my tractor & intended to attach double spool valve hoses directly to tractor pressure & ported filter cover I just remove the single spool valve. Yes 2020 has closed center main hyd's. Although it won't affect main hyd operation early model 1020/2020 tractors serial # < 045,199 built for sales in N America has open center power steering & closed center main hyd's
Tc Jim, in order to plumb loser directly into hydraulic lines, I have to use part #C19281 tee?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am STILL thinking the valve to the right of the loader valve is your problem. It must be open center. REMOVE this valve, connect the return from the loader valve to the rear breakaway coupler. Then see if your 3 pt & loader operate correctly.
Get a tee and connect the inlet of the loader valve to the steel line by the filter housing that you should having a tee instead of a PCV. Get a ported filter cover for the loader valve outlet line. This will free up your rear breakaway coupler.
I have a ported cover coming tomorrow, for the tee, so I have to use part #C19281 ? And attach behind the tee that is where the PCV would have been?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts