Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the 1025R and while I can easily connect and disconnect the 60D MMM I have to have someone lift the front arm up so it can grab the bracket up front. What's missing?
and why does this arm sit lower than I've seen in other pics?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Looks like that spring isn't under any tension, my guess is the center lobe of it that's pointed down needs to be rotated around the shaft until it's braced against the deck.

Edit: Upon further review, it looks like your deck is missing a bracket and a second pin. Not sure what the bracket does, but it looks like it would take up the slop in your current pin, and the second pin provides a place for the center lobe of the spring to push against. If this was bought from a dealer, I'd be after them for the missing parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sent them a pic of the situation earlier today. They'll figure it out and stop by and install what's missing. Thanks for the pic - I could find anything out there like mine, the newer 60D.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Sent them a pic of the situation earlier today. They'll figure it out and stop by and install what's missing. Thanks for the pic - I could find anything out there like mine, the newer 60D.
You may want to get the installation instructions from them so you can go over what is installed versus what should be installed. A lot of dealers have problems setting up the autoconnect systems, and things like spring pins for the rear latches are left off all the time. It took my dealer 3 attempts to set mine up "correctly", and I still had to tweak it.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The Satch has it, there is a shaft missing which allow the spring to wind up a little bit and a bolt and stop which limits how high the draft arm lifts. On my 2025r the loader stand will catch that arm and bend back way to far and bend stuff up. I’m not sure if that is a problem on a 1 series or not. With mine I just have to take the loader off before taking the deck off.

·
Registered
210 Posts
@The Satch and @hawkdog88gt

I've ordered a 1025R and I'm currently deciding between the new 54D 7-Iron (Model 700CLV) and the 60D deck.

Since both of you have what looks like the newest style 60D, are you able to provide the actual model number from your deck?

Also, are you able to tell me the width of the newest 60D with the chute out and with the chute up?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

I've ordered a 1025R and I'm currently deciding between the new 54D 7-Iron (Model 700CLV) and the 60D deck.

Since both of you have what looks like the newest style 60D, are you able to provide the actual model number from your deck?

Also, are you able to tell me the width of the newest 60D with the chute out and with the chute up?

Thank you!
I don't have a 1025R, I've got a 72D on a 2032R, so hopefully hawkdog can help you out

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thank you!
My invoice says...
2020 JOHN DEERE 60D IN. 7-Iron Mid Mount Side Discharge Mower (1 Family Tractors prior to Model Year 2020) Stock # -----

My 1025R is a 2020 model.

The label on the deck is even more useful (although I suspect the serial number has more info than the "MODEL" and the DOM may also tell you more info)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are missing a bracket, bushing, and bolt that places tension on the spring. I had to undo mine to reduce its profile when it was on a trailer. Attach is photo I took when I picked up my mower deck from a sale. Hope this help.

View attachment 785205 View attachment 785206
Both of your links bring me to a forum "Implements & Attachments" page.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry about that. I re-uploaded the photos. Hopefully you can see them now.

Just looked over your photo. As The Satch mentioned, looks like you are missing that second rod that actually puts resistance to the spring. The bracket, bushing, and bolt/nut I was referring is to prevent it from flipping all the way over (up). You're missing those parts too. Definitely check with your dealer if they have it in a separate bag laying around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts