Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a new 2025r. Previously, I had a 2013 1025R. I’m used to an initial service at 50 hours. However, in the owner’s manual, it doesn’t look like I change the transmission oil and filter until the first 200 hours, and the engine oil and filter at 400 hours. I thought the 2025r had basically the same engine and transmission at the 1025r. Is there not a 50 hour initial service on the 2025R?

Manual is here: Operator's Manual View

thank you!
Cody

·
Premium Member
15,955 Posts
JD did away with the 50 hr. initial service interval on most of the tractors. Some say it was just to lower the advertised cost of ownership. Others say they improved manufacturing process to eliminate extra gunk in the transmission.

A lot of folks still go ahead and perform a 50 hr. early service and most still find a lot of debris in the suction screen.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I’m pretty sure mine says change the oil every 100 hours or yearly. I did the 50 hours on mine. There was gunk on the screen and magnets. Was it absolutely necessary, probably not.

Reactions: Bill56

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,446 Posts
A lot of folks still go ahead and perform a 50 hr. early service and most still find a lot of debris in the suction screen.
I would do the 50 hydraulic service. When I had my 2025R I did even though it wasn't in the manual, found enough sealant and such on the suction screen that it was well worth it IMO.

·
Premium Member
15,955 Posts
I would do the 50 hydraulic service. When I had my 2025R I did even though it wasn't in the manual, found enough sealant and such on the suction screen that it was well worth it IMO.
JD has been doing this across the board. Even on the garden tractors with Kawasaki engines they have taken out the initial 8 hour engine oil and filter interval even though the Kawasaki OEM engine manual still lists it. They have kept the 8 hour initial engine oil/filter service for the machines with Briggs and Stratton engines.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I’m going to wait until end of summer - probably have 50-79 hours by then - and then change the hydraulic and engine oils and filters before it goes up for most of the winter.

·
Registered
308 Posts
@wcodyd , I’ll be interested in your opinion on the 2025 over your 1025 in the future!
I’m considering a 1025 or 2025.
Don’t mean to derail the maintenance thread.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Like others I went ahead and changed my Hydro oil at 50 hours. The screen was pretty dirty and the fluid smelled a little burned so after seeing that I feel justified. I've never seen anything mechanical ruined from fresh lubricant's! And I know this isn't a cheap process but I've always been a believer of pay a little now or a lot later. I did my oil change at 116 hours which was annually. I bought my JD because I needed a Transformer of a tractor that could do multiple things since I can't afford a mower, tractor, skidder and such so I'm gonna do my best to take care of it and make it last! I hope you enjoy your 2025r!! I love mine! I had a 1023e, which was a great little tractor but my 2025r is so much more!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts