Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have a nearly complete tractor. Backhoe is on, front Radial R3s are on, just waiting for the spacers so the rear tires can go on. I noticed the hydraulics for the backhoe, why are there 3 hoses? Also shouldn't there be the colored rubber caps for the hoses?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nice looking rig! Which three hoses are you referring to? On the Backhoe?

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
96 Posts
Two are your connections for the backhoe and one is your bypass hose for the power beyond. That one gets disconnected when attaching the backhoe, but never leaves the tractor.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh I see, it completes the circuit when backhoe is off?
Yes. And it’s important to have it hooked up when not using the backhoe as it would send the system into bypass immediately and cause an overheat. You’ll know it’s not hooked up as it’s responsible for the operation of your 3 point lift.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The backhoe needs a hydraulic thumb. It looks like the dipper is already set up with holes for a thumb cylinder upper pivot.

I would have a hard time getting such a pretty machine greasy and dirty. It's like that first door ding in a shiny, flawless, new car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice setup. I have a 2020 2032R. Its my 3rd new Deer compact tractor. On my latest machine I opted for the heavy duty bucket. It was a $250 upgrade. I I use the loader pretty hard ( but not abuse), Its the only bucket I have not bent.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice setup. I have a 2020 2032R. Its my 3rd new Deer compact tractor. On my latest machine I opted for the heavy duty bucket. It was a $250 upgrade. I I use the loader pretty hard ( but not abuse), Its the only bucket I have not bent.
I would be interested in not bending my bucket. Can you post a picture of your bucket?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The backhoe needs a hydraulic thumb. It looks like the dipper is already set up with holes for a thumb cylinder upper pivot.

I would have a hard time getting such a pretty machine greasy and dirty. It's like that first door ding in a shiny, flawless, new car.
[/Q
Those holes are more of a tie down/lifting point, thumb cylinders are mounted closer to the bucket and have mounts in the center of the dipper stick, not on the outside edges.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Those holes are more of a tie down/lifting point, thumb cylinders are mounted closer to the bucket and have mounts in the center of the dipper stick, not on the outside edges.
DanMc is correct that is the upper mount hole for the factory thumb.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Thanks for the picture. My wheel spacers are in finally, so they can put on the Galaxy Radials. Just have to have them find this bucket.
The HD bucket for the 220R isn't a true John Deere HD bucket. While it is improved over the standard bucket. It doesn't have a reinforced top, heavier gauge steel, or bolt on cutting edge, bolted to the welded in cutting edge. That said I too traded up the the HD bucket, and it is good enough, even with the higher capacity MSL.

If you want or have the actual need for it, the 61" bucket from the 3-series is a true JD HD bucket. The extra weight is no issue with the MSL, but it's about 400.00 more on top of the 220R HD bucket upgrade price. Just be aware it does NOT have a double top. So 4-500.00 for 220r HD, 9-1000.00 for true HD bucket???

Yeah my 220R HD bucket will do just fine. Got to draw the line somewhere with the upgrades!!

Just picked up a Limbsaw to run with the power pack on the 4720. I AM DONE!! May be done for the next 18 months, maybe even the next 2 yrs.

Allen.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Yeah, Yeah, I know!! Snapped the end of the outer foot off on a rock late last night, lost my steel grass board, and steel grass stick. I did eventually find it. Spent the day running to a United Ag Dealer out in NY who had one, plus find Metric plow bolts. Just got back, headed out to put it on. I'll see what I can do!!

Allen.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today was the day. A lot happened to get this done. I rented a trailer last minute that just happens to be the same size I was considering: 83" x 18'. It is the perfect size. I will be placing my order Monday. Dropping off my 2012 2320 was difficult, but something that had to be done, poor thing. I am just going to leave the 2032R sitting in the sun for a while while I walk around and contemplate my place in the universe. I am happy to find it fits in my carport if I stay in the middle area. Cant wait to put it in the garage.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The HD bucket for the 220R isn't a true John Deere HD bucket. While it is improved over the standard bucket. It doesn't have a reinforced top, heavier gauge steel, or bolt on cutting edge, bolted to the welded in cutting edge. That said I too traded up the the HD bucket, and it is good enough, even with the higher capacity MSL.

If you want or have the actual need for it, the 61" bucket from the 3-series is a true JD HD bucket. The extra weight is no issue with the MSL, but it's about 400.00 more on top of the 220R HD bucket upgrade price. Just be aware it does NOT have a double top. So 4-500.00 for 220r HD, 9-1000.00 for true HD bucket???

Yeah my 220R HD bucket will do just fine. Got to draw the line somewhere with the upgrades!!

Just picked up a Limbsaw to run with the power pack on the 4720. I AM DONE!! May be done for the next 18 months, maybe even the next 2 yrs.

Allen.
The 57" HD bucket was not in stock and had to be ordered. The upcharge was $555. I decided to take the stock bucket home today along with a set of forks. I will get one of those HD buckets in the future. In the mean time I will be careful with this bucket.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
The 57" HD bucket was not in stock and had to be ordered. The upcharge was $555. I decided to take the stock bucket home today along with a set of forks. I will get one of those HD buckets in the future. In the mean time I will be careful with this bucket.
I like the standard bucket. I use all of the lift capacity it has!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts