Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Posting here since dealer will be closed until Tuesday (Canada Thanksgiving.) I just received my kit for the bluetooth smart connector, but noticed the package didn't actually come with the module. If I am interpreting the instructions correctly (BTW JD, I love ya, but the money you get from me it wouldn't hurt to be a touch more descriptive or clear), there should already be a BT module included in the tractor harness somewhere I plug into after plugging the other end into the service port.

Problem is, I don't see any BT module or anything attached to a harness under the cowl in the tractor, and I didn't get one in the package either. Was this missed in the tractor build, or something that should've been included as a part of the kit? I've included a photo under the cowl where the instructions seem to show where I should be finding this harness.... appreciate any assist!

D

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Font

·
Registered
601 Posts
You should have gotten this, pre 20 model year uses the harness my 20 plus has the harness factory installed on the left panel you have out. The black box in the photo is the module and Bluetooth device. Should come with the kit and plugs into the connector on the tractor.

Automotive lighting Amber Audio equipment Cable Gadget

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah so I guess my question is the BT module should've been in the console if I read that correctly since it's a 2021. Either way I have nothing on the harness and the kit didn't come with a module so I guess I'm 0/2.

·
Registered
601 Posts
No, the connection to hook it up comes on the tractor, just a harness with a dust cap no module. The tractor is basically pre wired to plug in the Bluetooth module. The thing you are buying when you buy the smart connection kit is the module (black box in the photo i posted) which is in itself the Bluetooth reader and it comes with an accessory harness if needed for older tractors. It sounds like your kit is missing the actual module itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm trying to install the Smart Connector on my new 2022 4044R. If I understand the instructions correctly, I don't need the wiring harness that came with it. I just plug the box into an existing connector on the tractor. I have found what I think is the right connector. It looks like if I pull out the end piece with the white tips (maybe a protective cap?). The connector on the box has "ears" on two corners that look like they would they would fit the grooves that the end piece fits into. But after unlocking the red tab on the connector and tugging on that cap, I am unable to remove it. I'm a little reluctant to pull with a lot more force without beng sure that's what I need to do. Do I just need to slide back that latch and yank that sucker out of there, or am I missing something?
(sorry about the double pictures... I haven't quite figured out the editing system here)

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Tread
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle Tread

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a cabless 4044R I take it? (Just looking at the instructions).

In your photos in that top notch it looks like there's a tab. If you lever that up will it pull out? I had to use the harness that came with my connector to plug it into the service port so this didn't come up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's not really a tab. In the top notch, there's a little "bump" that's gripped by the red tab on the back of the connector. Sliding that tab back unlatches that. After sliding that tab back, there's nothing visible holding the two parts together. But that plug does not want to come out.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Half reading this while watching tv here but when you pull the red tab back are you then inserting a pic or screwdriver to undo the latching arm? The tab is just a lock to prevent the latching arm from lifting but you still need to do that and pull to separate.
Photograph White Communication Device Gesture Font

Reactions: EmmtBot

·
Registered
601 Posts
Good luck, should be a small black tab in there. Those connectors are a bugger to get apart sometimes, have to totally lift the tab while pulling

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Arsenix, DJY, and Emmt. That was the trick. When I first looked at that tab, it really didn't look like something that would lift. I thought it was just a ridge for the red latch to hook over. And that cap looks like something fancier than just a dust cap, so I wasn't really sure it was supposed to come off. It's working now, and synced up with my iPhone. Thanx to all

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I have a 2021 2038R and installed the blue tooth module. I agree with the others. The black box (BT Module) should have come with the wiring harness and zip ties.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts