Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time out using my 5065E with MX6 mower. Made several adjustments to the top bar and lift arms and the highest I can raise my mower is about 6 inches. Removed the mower and lift arms raised all the way up. Dealer will be getting back to me on Monday but was wondering if anyone else had this issue to give them a starting point. Thanks

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Thats 2 of you in one day.

Most curious too see where this goes and the solution......I'm hoping something simple for both of you.

·
Registered
4066R
130 Posts
I actually had the opposite problem. After receiving a new 4066R, my 3PH would not go low enough to unhook from the box blade. Talking to my service manager, he said it was a simple adjustment on the back of the tractor and he would send someone out. Being almost 1/2 hour from the dealer, I said he could just talk me through the adjustment on the phone. He said while it is simple enough for someone who knows what he is doing, if not, you could really mess things up on both height and bottom lift range.

So perhaps yours is just a matter of having a proper adjustment made? Hope that is all.

And as always - have you checked your hydraulic fluid level?

·
Registered
457 Posts
1st time out using my 5065E with MX6 mower. Made several adjustments to the top bar and lift arms and the highest I can raise my mower is about 6 inches. Removed the mower and lift arms raised all the way up. Dealer will be getting back to me on Monday but was wondering if anyone else had this issue to give them a starting point. Thanks
Yes, I did with my '20 5075E. The 3 point position control lever is adjustable and had been assembled where the lever was all of the way back but the hitch only came up about 6". The fix is to loosen the two bolts that hold the lever to the rockshaft control, push the lever forward some, and tighten the nuts. This will likely take some trial and error to get the travel range correct, you do NOT want to have the lever set so pulling it all of the way back forces the hitch against its stops and puts the hydraulic valve in relief constantly. Once adjusted it works perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That is it. Dealer was out last Friday and had worked on it but could not get it fixed. They will be back Monday will have them adjust it. Had the shredder on a 4052m of 4 years and it never had a problem picking it up as high as I needed. The 5055e is doing and acting just like the one in your post. This is my first time in my life to post anything on a forum and I can see I have been missing out on some really good people. I thank everyone for helping me. Hopefully I can return the favor some day.

·
Registered
JD 5055E 2WD CAB / JD 3033r 320r Loader / Toro Z Master 2000
80 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have been having same issue with my 20 5055e. I will try the adjustment you mentioned. Just curious if your units have a cab like mine or if this is a problem on open station as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I did with my '20 5075E. The 3 point position control lever is adjustable and had been assembled where the lever was all of the way back but the hitch only came up about 6". The fix is to loosen the two bolts that hold the lever to the rockshaft control, push the lever forward some, and tighten the nuts. This will likely take some trial and error to get the travel range correct, you do NOT want to have the lever set so pulling it all of the way back forces the hitch against its stops and puts the hydraulic valve in relief constantly. Once adjusted it works perfectly.
Thanks I’ll pass this along to the service manager

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.