Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
LX172, X720 with a 60D 7-Iron Deck, and a Kubota BX 25 TLB.
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After nearly eight months of impatiently waiting, my 2021 Honda Pioneer 520 UTV finally arrived.
I ordered it on January 21st 2021 and put a $1k deposit on it.

The problem with delivery was not the dealer, it was the manufacturer & COVID. The supply chain was destroyed.
The dealer was as frustrated as I was, however the dealer communication was less than optimal.
(they got tired of me calling them and they had no answers, and I didn't like being told not to call, they said they would call with updates, and that NEVER happened)

Anyway, the machine finally arrived last Friday and I put it through it's paces Friday afternoon and Saturday.

It IS everything a 50" wide SXS should be.
Primary usage will be as a work machine at my recreational property. Miles of narrow woods trails.
The property is in the DEC 480a forestry management program. Significant property tax reductions for being in the program. Wildly cutting trees/trails is highly discouraged,
which was the reason for the narrow machine.

The Honda Pioneer 520 has a 518cc liquid cooled single cylinder engine, fuel injected, gear-on-gear transmission, automatic centrifugal clutch in oil bath, selectable 2X4 & 4X4, and manual shifting via paddle shifters, or automatic shifting via the PCM.

The passenger in the dump box thinks the machine is her personal flying carpet.

My suggestion for anyone looking to purchase outdoor power equipment is this:
If you can buy something that is in stock and ready to take home, do so. But you will pay top dollar, not much below MSRP is the norm, as it's a sellers market.
If you have to order it, do so at your peril. Oral promises about delivery dates are nothing but big bags of hot air!

IMG_20210903_160356803_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

12634 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
20,067 Posts
Enjoy,, (y) (y) I know we have enjoyed our 700 Pioneer for the past 6 years.

Looks like Honda finally decided to put a bed on the back, the one I looked at 6 yrs ago had what looked like a wheel barrow bed.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Honda’s are top notch. Seems to be a few Honda atvs available,but no sxs’s in stock in my area.

I noticed al of a sudden there seems to be a few Yamaha Grizzly’s in stock locally. I have been looking for one for most of the summer. Now I’m going to wait a bit and see if there’s any changes to the 22s if not I may buy a 21. Thing is I really don’t need a new machine until spring now that the summer ridding season is over. So I can wait until early spring now. I did notice that one of the dealers got 6 Rmaxs in and they all sold within 2 weeks time.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Nice ride! I have a 700 that has been nothing but great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.