Green Tractor Talk banner

2021 model year 1025R: 50 hour service? What 50 hour service?

9068 Views 23 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Malbanese45
I just received a new 2021 1025R and am getting familiar with it. I read on the forums for months prior and much is written about this model's 50 hour service of the transmission and 100 hour oil changes.

In my owner's manual, there is no mention whatsoever of any transmission service until 200 hours and no oil change until 400 hours, or yearly if under that.

Am I missing something? Did they change the intervals that drastically from the earlier model years? I'd sure like to know!

Thanks up front!

Eric
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Eric,
I was just at John Deere yesterday asking the same thing as I'm now at 44 hrs on my new 1025R. They printed out the sheet for me of all intervals and the trans/hydraulic filter is the only thing listed for 50 hrs. Then its 200 hrs or yearly. The service guy there told me the trick they do when doing the service for people is to remove the cap in back where you would add fluid and set a shop vac hose on it to pull a vacuum on the system. It doesn't take much but does allow you to remove the filter and replace without losing any fluid. He said there may be a little drip out but nothing to worry about needing to add more. So they just sold me the new filter and said I was good to go. I haven't changed mine yet to try the vacuum trick but will and can let you know how it goes if you'd like.
Thanks,
Michael
I just received a new 2021 1025R and am getting familiar with it. I read on the forums for months prior and much is written about this model's 50 hour service of the transmission and 100 hour oil changes.

In my owner's manual, there is no mention whatsoever of any transmission service until 200 hours and no oil change until 400 hours, or yearly if under that.

Am I missing something? Did they change the intervals that drastically from the earlier model years? I'd sure like to know!

Thanks up front!

Eric
Reactions: Nappy1 and Gwizz
Thanks man for the comments. I was surprised they didn’t recommend the fluid change with the filter change but said the fluid is good for 200 hrs but said the filter should be changed at 50 then at 200 intervals.
I am constantly amazed at how dealers do not know their own equipment and constantly dish out bad information.

The latest version of the 1-series manual (Nov. 2020 and later) no longer lists a 50 hr. initial fluid/filter change for the transmission. In fact, you have to go back several manual versions to find it listed. JD has eliminated the 50 hr. hydraulic fluid service interval on most if not all of the SCUT/CUT tractors.

In addition, the maintenance interval is 200 hrs - not 200 hrs or yearly. The only fluid that has a recommendation for X-hours or annually is the engine oil and filter - annual if less than 200 hrs.

A lot of folks choose to go ahead and do an initial 50 hr. fluid and filter change even though it is not in the manual. It certainly won't hurt anything except your wallet.

I encourage folks to reference the maintenance section in the manual and not go by the dealer folks who in most cases are shooting from the hip.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.