Green Tractor Talk banner

2021 model year 1025R: 50 hour service? What 50 hour service?

9068 Views 23 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Malbanese45
I just received a new 2021 1025R and am getting familiar with it. I read on the forums for months prior and much is written about this model's 50 hour service of the transmission and 100 hour oil changes.

In my owner's manual, there is no mention whatsoever of any transmission service until 200 hours and no oil change until 400 hours, or yearly if under that.

Am I missing something? Did they change the intervals that drastically from the earlier model years? I'd sure like to know!

Thanks up front!

Eric
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Gotta agree here. My 50 hour screen was pretty much covered in metal bits, as was the magnet. Since the 50 hour change, now with 1200 hours, screen and magnet have looked really clean.

I do wonder though, if a filter change at 50 hours is still recommended, but not the fluid, why not clean the magnet and the screen as well? Don't the filter, screen, and magnet all serve basically the same purposes? Seems to me if a filter needs changing, the screen and magnet should be cleaned as well. Maybe it's just a decision made on labor. You can change the filter without draining the hydraulic fluid, but to do the screen and magnet you'd need to drain and keep the fluid clean for replacement.
From what a saw when it did my 50 hour service , wouldnt skip it. My pick up screen was just about plugged.
You can always reuse the fluid but I figure if your draining it to put new back in. That stuff has gone way up on price lately though. A 5 gallon bucket can cost a hundo these days. I’ve done 3 services on my 1025R so far. 100, 200, and 400 hrs. I skipped the initial 50 hr because I hit it real quick so I did a couple 100’s
Gotta agree here. My 50 hour screen was pretty much covered in metal bits, as was the magnet. Since the 50 hour change, now with 1200 hours, screen and magnet have looked really clean.

I do wonder though, if a filter change at 50 hours is still recommended, but not the fluid, why not clean the magnet and the screen as well? Don't the filter, screen, and magnet all serve basically the same purposes? Seems to me if a filter needs changing, the screen and magnet should be cleaned as well. Maybe it's just a decision made on labor. You can change the filter without draining the hydraulic fluid, but to do the screen and magnet you'd need to drain and keep the fluid clean for replacement.
Not sure why JD still has that posted on their website, as it does make it confusing, but at the top it lists it for tractors before model year HJ. I’m assuming they skipped the letter I to avoid confusing it with the number 1. My 2021 model is MM I believe, so an HJ would be 2017 model year, built up to 2018. Having said that, I still plan on doing a hydraulic service to mine in spring, which will be around 70 hours.
This threads a little dated but my 2021 1025 is coming up on 50hrs. This sheet 1E_and_1R_Series_Compact_Utility_Tractors_1023E_HJ100000_1025R_HJ100000_1026R_HJ200000.pdf (deere.com) was with my paper work from the dealer. It's dated 2/2021 . My manual has no mention of the 50hr hydraulic service but JD publication does. This publication only indicates changing the filter and doesn't mention cleaning the screen or fluid.
I don't want to waste resources unnecessarily just wish JD would clarify.
I'm gonna do mine just for peace of mind based on others finding significant debris on the screen and I've already bought the everything needed.
Not sure why JD still has that posted on their website, as it does make it confusing, but at the top it lists it for tractors before model year HJ. I’m assuming they skipped the letter I to avoid confusing it with the number 1. My 2021 model is MM I believe, so an HJ would be 2017 model year, built up to 2018. Having said that, I still plan on doing a hydraulic service to mine in spring, which will be around 70 hours.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.