Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
How does everyone else read this statement:

Attendees must pre-register for the show and select a day to attend in-advance.
Obviously we need to preregister, no biggie...we've done that the last few years anyway. But the "select a day" suggests to me they will only allow you access for one day? Does anyone else read it that way?

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I am wondering ho many vendors/manufactures would actually show up? I was reading on Facebook (yes I know....) that many may just set up virtual displays with large monitors rather than have equipment that people will want to touch and clime on.
Many of the other shows have gone virtual. It's not the same but works better than I expected where you can browse from booth to booth, instant chat with reps etc. Bring your own cheeseburger. . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
How does everyone else read this statement:

"Attendees must pre-register for the show and select a day to attend in-advance."

Obviously we need to preregister, no biggie...we've done that the last few years anyway. But the "select a day" suggests to me they will only allow you access for one day? Does anyone else read it that way?
I read it as ambiguous. ;) I found another ambiguous reference to attendance in the "National Farm Machinery Show and Championship Tractor Pull Response Plan."

LAYOUT
❏ Capacity will be capped at 20,000 people at a given time inside the facility. This is utilizing the 36 sq. ft. per person ratio established by the cabinet and Healthy at Work Venues and Event Spaces.​
❏ Attendees will have to register for a specific date to attend. This will help control the number of people in the building at any given time.​
I think you are right Kenny, and they will be limiting the days any one person can attend in order to accomodate all who want to attend. But, I've been wrong before.

Even if it is a go, it sounds like too much hassle and an underwhelming event. Vaccinated or not, I'll likely be writing it off until 2022.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
@Tractor Tim I don't know the area and have never been. Have you got any recommendations on other things in the area like restaurants, hotels, possibly tourist attractions? I have heard you talk of a place to eat in the Captain D videos but I always forget the name.
Assuming it goes forward, we’ll help you with good eats!

The place I mentioned is W W Cousins.

Tim

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I can see it now... I walk into the living room, obviously been drinking heavily and the wifes is like WTH? and I reply .... "Shush Dear, I'm hosting our virtual hospitality suite"

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
I can see it now... I walk into the living room, obviously been drinking heavily and the wifes is like WTH? and I reply .... "Shush Dear, I'm hosting our virtual hospitality suite"
Whatever works for you.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Whatever works for you.

Treefarmer
There's an inside joke with a neighbor couple where I interrupt his wife with my palm in her face and say... "Shhh. Men are talking"
There's a long back story to this, but when others are around that aren't in on the joke, their reactions are hilarious!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
There's an inside joke with a neighbor couple where I interrupt his wife with my palm in her face and say... "Shhh. Men are talking"
There's a long back story to this, but when others are around that aren't in on the joke, their reactions are hilarious!
That's a funny setup. I'm sure you get some really funny looks.

Good thing that you and the neighbor's wife are in on the joke. If anyone said that to my wife, I'd be ducking just in case I was in the line of fire from her.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
That's a funny setup. I'm sure you get some really funny looks.

Good thing that you and the neighbor's wife are in on the joke. If anyone said that to my wife, I'd be ducking just in case I was in the line of fire from her.

Treefarmer
The back story is that her brother inlaw does this to her, not as a joke, he's just very old school.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dr. Maphesto, which company do you work for?

Jeff

Reactions: Levi and Treefarmer

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well this just stinks! I figured this would happen. I had so much fun last year that I made reservations the week after returning home. Got a room right across the street. That is a moot point now.

I am sure a lot of this is driven by the convention center amongst other things. This also has to hurt all the manufacturers. I am sure this show brought them more money than it cost them.

Virtual? I cant lift the hood or sit in or on a virtual tractor. I also can't Shoot the Poo with all you fine folks! Plus I don't get to walk 6 miles a day!

Tim, what night were you planning to meet at WW Cousins? (Wonder if that will even be possible?)

Definitely sounds like you will only be permitted to enter for one day and I wonder if you will have to prove a certain size operation to be allowed in? The only silver lining in this for me is we were planning to combine this with a trip to Montana to visit relatives. I'd much rather go in April than February.

Jeff

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey Everyone!!

Has anyone heard anything further about registration? Show still happening? Mostly virtual? I have hotel reservations from Tuesday until Friday just need to decide which day to go then maybe modify my reservations.

Looking forward to seeing rtgt, Tractor Tim and hopefully Kenny D and others there.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,261 Posts
Looking forward to seeing rtgt, Tractor Tim and hopefully Kenny D and others there.
Sorry jet Dr. Probably not going to go to the show. Not worth the hassle.

If enough of y'all show up in town I would consider driving over to meet you for dinner.

·
Administrator
21,431 Posts
I can’t say I’ll be going this year. Virtual show? Only one day? Can’t hang with my darn good friends? (This last one kills me....)👎

I’m probably out.... not that I’ll be missed. 😁

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Don’t really sounds like it would be worth going as Jason said. Plus at that time I will be in or just returning from Colorado. Had such a great time last year. I know I’ll miss it also was such a good time meeting everyone.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
We’re still planning to go....all days...

However, we don’t have our media approval yet. If rejected, we will have to change our plans.

There are rumors that one or more of the ‘majors’ will not attend.

I still think vaccine distribution and effectiveness will dictate....one would think case numbers would be dropping by then.

Tim

·
Administrator
21,431 Posts
The proverbial “fat lady” hasn’t sung a note here just yet, but the outlook doesn’t look great. I’d like to meet up with friends and see more than one day of the show. If these can’t happen, well, the writing is on the wall they say. I’m just down the road so this could easily change, and I hope it does.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts