Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Uhhhh , NO. 馃槅

Green tractors
White trucks
Orange chain saws
Nothing else allowed out here .
lol

However I don鈥檛 know why, but I do have a weak spot for these retro 8n boomers .
Big maybe , but some day , I might have to get me one.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Sky

Premium Member
question on the new wheels and tires. Looks like it may have come with a 14" wheel from factory, but new wheels look like they could be 12", correct?

If so, is that size change on purpose or just to get the Fuel wheels? Not a big deal, just curious. I just notice that it seems all the newer units are coming with 14" from the factory now.

pretty cool being able to match aftermarket wheels on trucks and UTV.

edit - the white looks great!

Reactions: cc1999

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
question on the new wheels and tires. Looks like it may have come with a 14" wheel from factory, but new wheels look like they could be 12", correct?

If so, is that size change on purpose or just to get the Fuel wheels? Not a big deal, just curious. I just notice that it seems all the newer units are coming with 14" from the factory now.

No, the Fuel wheels are 14鈥 as well.
The new tires are 29s where the stock tires were a 27鈥 and appeared to be a small 27 at that.
That and the bead ring help to make the rim look a little smaller. I do prefer more of the old school, big tire smaller rim look over the monster rims with rubber band tire Look. Also more tire is more functional off road.

Premium Member
thats what I figured... optical illusion.

29s are nice :)

I have a 2020 Ranger, it came with 12" rims from factory and 27" tires. Came across a deal I couldn't turn down on a factory take off set from a 2021 Ranger that were 14" with 27s. The 27s on the 14" rims were almost 2" taller than the set on the 12" rims... I don't think the tire dimensions are 100% accurate and seem to vary a good bit. These measure about 28" where the 12" rim version of the same tire was well under 27". When I replace these I'll make sure I find a tread pattern I like, then pick the size based on actual dimensions... maybe 29s or maybe 30s. Luckily, I like the factory Polaris wheel, it is a Pro Armor "Buckle" with a Polaris center cap... also like the factory tire, Maxxis MU521... for now anyway.

Reactions: cc1999

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
thats what I figured... optical illusion.

29s are nice :)

I have a 2020 Ranger, it came with 12" rims from factory and 27" tires. Came across a deal I couldn't turn down on a factory take off set from a 2021 Ranger that were 14" with 27s. The 27s on the 14" rims were almost 2" taller than the set on the 12" rims... I don't think the tire dimensions are 100% accurate and seem to vary a good bit. These measure about 28" where the 12" rim version of the same tire was well under 27". When I replace these I'll make sure I find a tread pattern I like, then pick the size based on actual dimensions... maybe 29s or maybe 30s. Luckily, I like the factory Polaris wheel, it is a Pro Armor "Buckle" with a Polaris center cap... also like the factory tire, Maxxis MU521... for now anyway.
On the Honda Pioneer Forum it was questionable if 29s would fit in the front without rubbing.
It does look to be getting pretty close at full lock to the tire to fender liner, not touching it though maybe 0.5" to 1" clearance at full lock. I am imagine the wheels have a little more offset then the OE rims and that is why I am clearing them, when others said 28" was max. I know 30s would have rubbed.
I have the same Maxxis Cerro tires in a 26" on my 865M gator.
These are 12" Rims on the gator. I took off the Bighorn 2s on 14s.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive parking light

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I had ran the stock tires and wheels on my original 2016 Honda Pioneers.
They seemed to do just fine.
Oddly enough back then the wheels that came on the 2016s looked really similar to the Rims that came on my 2015 Ram.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Car

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Premium Member
good stuff, the white Hondas look fantastic! I really like the way the Hondas look, and the transmission appears to be a positive for them. I just needed something with an open bed and a little more work oriented, and I think the Ranger was the right choice for me. Looked at the Defender too, but poor dealer network in my area made me a little iffy... and I couldn't find what I really wanted, didn't want to just settle for what was available - even if was a color choice.

I like the Big Horn tires too, they have served me well, I have those on my Kawasaki Brite Force ATVs.

Looks like you have some great places to ride!!! Post up some pics when you take the new one out!

Reactions: cc1999 and Gizmo2

Registered

The base model has 12鈥, he got a deluxe which has 14鈥 wheels.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Congrats, I also have a 2021 1000-5 in white, has a few more mods then yours.

View attachment 814220
Very nice!!!
I really like your side tanks. Are those hooked to the roll bar or something else?
Do you have side mirrors on yours. What brand did you go with?

Here is what I have so far done to mine.

14" Fuel Wheel with 29" Maxxis Cerro tires.
I am told January on my front bumper light bar.
Next spring on the bed liner.
I did get the bed mat.
Rear flag and flag mount for the sand dune trips.
It has a 4500# Warren/Honda Winch
Two Honda LED pod lights.
Glass windshield.
I have some side mirrors, I still need to get installed.
I have the dash cargo net,
The dash mounted electrical switch panel.
I have full Honda Roof.
I have the overhead roll bar mount storage bag thing.

Rear bed extender. Which mine is the Honda model, and I wish I had went aftermarket on that bed extender, I am seeing some really innovative takes on bed extenders for these things.

I have a little armrest center console deal, I had kept out of my 2016s, one is in the 865M gator the other is going in this Honda.

The amount of stuff out there for these machines is just crazy.
Makes my head spin trying to pic one over another. The ATV/UTV word has really exploded over the past decade or so.

Registered
Very nice!!!
I really like your side tanks. Are those hooked to the roll bar or something else?
Do you have side mirrors on yours. What brand did you go with?

Here is what I have so far done to mine.

14" Fuel Wheel with 29" Maxxis Cerro tires.
I am told January on my front bumper light bar.
Next spring on the bed liner.
I did get the bed mat.
Rear flag and flag mount for the sand dune trips.
It has a 4500# Warren/Honda Winch
Two Honda LED pod lights.
Glass windshield.
I have some side mirrors, I still need to get installed.
I have the dash cargo net,
The dash mounted electrical switch panel.
I have full Honda Roof.
I have the overhead roll bar mount storage bag thing.

Rear bed extender. Which mine is the Honda model, and I wish I had went aftermarket on that bed extender, I am seeing some really innovative takes on bed extenders for these things.

I have a little armrest center console deal, I had kept out of my 2016s, one is in the 865M gator the other is going in this Honda.

The amount of stuff out there for these machines is just crazy.
Makes my head spin trying to pic one over another. The ATV/UTV word has really exploded over the past decade or so.
Yup tanks mount to the roll bar, I have the seizmik mirrors, really like them and crazy good warranty, pretty much they break you get new ones.

For a bed liner just get a horse stall mat from tractor supply and cut it to fit.

This will show you everything I did.

Premium Member
Something tells me cc1999 ain't gonna be putting a horse stall mat in the back. If you said he was going to buy another pioneer to just haul dirt, another one for gravel, and another for a cooler I'd probably agree with you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks Td.
I did get the Honda mat, it was the bed liner thats back ordered.
I wanted the bed liner in case I wanted to use it for work type chores.
I was thinking that having the full liner would insure nothing like chainsaw oil , fuel, or other messy materials that could get down inside the seat area when folded down, there is a lot of cracks and seems that I would like to keep that sort of stuff out of seats at least as much as possible .

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Something tells me cc1999 ain't gonna be putting a horse stall mat in the back. If you said he was going to buy another pioneer to just haul dirt, another one for gravel, and another for a cooler I'd probably agree with you.
Lol 馃槀 馃槅 馃槤 馃ぃ馃槀馃槅馃ぃ
I think I just might resemble those remarks. Lol 馃槀

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I probably shouldn鈥檛 admit or mention that I was looking at RS1s online this morning. Lol 馃槀

Reactions: Gizmo2 and MattL

Registered
That ain't no Regular 8N.........whats the story.....?

Premium Member
I probably shouldn鈥檛 admit or mention that I was looking at RS1s online this morning. Lol 馃槀
Why not? Need something to get from the house to the shop, then get in the gator to get the mail and finish with jumping in the Honda to look at the pond.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
That ain't no Regular 8N.........whats the story.....?
It鈥檚 a New Holland 8n boomer.
It was special edition 50hp boomer , that was designed and built as a tribute to their Ford roots.
These special edition 8n boomers were built from 2009-2011.

Honestly more likely buy one of these then another UTV. which not really in the market for either.
I do really love these 8n boomers .
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Why not? Need something to get from the house to the shop, then get in the gator to get the mail and finish with jumping in the Honda to look at the pond.
Now your talking my language. 馃槅 lol
Great idea !!!

Honestly I doubt I get any more UTVs, at least not till I see how often we start taking the Honda places where it can really be used For what I bought it for.
The gators tend to needs around the property really quite well.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and Big
21 - 40 of 51 Posts