Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new delivered 4.23.2021 just as stated washed the deck with the quick connect then rinsed tractor off with spray nozzle tried starting to put in garage ended up pushing into garage. Waited another 5 to 10 minutes rolled over then finally started.
Never raised the hood to rinse off.

Anyone else ran into a similar situation and what was the rectification?

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
It's hard to imagine you got something that wet to prevent it from starting using the method you described. I routinely wash my carb-based X500 by raising the hood, giving everything a good soak with Fantastik and then rinsing it off. Never had any issues restarting.

·
Premium Member
15,968 Posts
I wonder if the seat switch got wet and shorted.
I think the seat switch "shorts" when you sit on it. As such, it wouldn't prevent the tractor from starting.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Welcome fellow WNY. Never had that problem. I try to clean most of the grass off with a leaf blower, and use a damp cloth on the dash.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
It's hard to imagine you got something that wet to prevent it from starting using the method you described. I routinely wash my carb-based X500 by raising the hood, giving everything a good soak with Fantastik and then rinsing it off. Never had any issues restarting.
You have been lucky. When I wash them for resale I leave them to dry for 24hours with the battery removed. I’ve had a couple that didn’t start, and blown a few fuses trying to restart them when wet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts