Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2022 1025R
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought 2022 model 1025R's came with LED headlights. MIne does not. Model number year is an "N" in P.I.N. Maybe a late '21? Just had my tractor dropped off after less than 3 hours on the machine. Crawled under tractor to see what was done and noticed the bracket that attaches loader control attached to frame was literally finger tight with a nut missing on a bolt. I'm not having much luck with this thing so far. Also noticing small cracks developing in loader hoses. This thing is brand new.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Did the dealer fix the code issue you posted about? Sounds like you may have picked a dealership with a shoddily operated service department. Maybe consider another dealer for warranty services? Post pictures of the hose cracks, please.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ouch, I would be having words with that dealer that sold it to me. I feel like the dealer that I bought mine from didn't do me any favors but I feel like they did a good job getting everything and making sure everything was right when I picked mine up.

·
Super Moderator
7,090 Posts
Not sure why you thought the 1025R came with LED headlights. Under "Features" on Deere's site it says:
  • Two front-mounted sealed-beam halogen headlights

·
Registered
61 Posts
That should never have shipped from the dealer. I'd demand they send someone over to inspect and fix these issues. If they don't, call JD support line. I had a riding mower that was repaired incorrectly several years ago at a local dealer and JD jumped on it and had them return they payment.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
What the....? :oops::mad:

Yeah, no. I'd be on the phone like now. That's absolute crap service from your dealer. If they don't can't or won't deliver a new tractor and implements to you in like new condition I'd be having a word with Mother Deere. They will not be happy about this dealer representing them like that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not sure why you thought the 1025R came with LED headlights. Under "Features" on Deere's site it says:
  • Two front-mounted sealed-beam halogen headlights
I think Sully or someone recently made the same comment that the 2022 models have LED lights. So without looking I would have thought its only logical for JD to move to LED lights.

·
Super Moderator
7,090 Posts
I think Sully or someone recently made the same comment that the 2022 models have LED lights. So without looking I would have thought its only logical for JD to move to LED lights.

Deere is so far behind the times it's hard to say what they'd do. It'd be nice if they'd catch up with current technologies.

jdparts is showing two possible bulbs for the current 1025R. Both are Halogens.

Part Number 57M7166
Description
Bulb - GE BULB, DUOLUX H4 12V 60/55W

Part Number R136239
Description
Bulb - LAMP, GE 888 HALOGEN RT. ANG PL 50W

Reactions: Volkemon

·
Registered
420 Posts
IIRC led work lights are an option. There are several threads here about aftermarket bulbs that are plug and play replacements - which I whole-heartedly encourage anyone that might possibly work past sunset 1 time to do.

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
IIRC led work lights are an option. There are several threads here about aftermarket bulbs that are plug and play replacements - which I whole-heartedly encourage anyone that might possibly work past sunset 1 time to do.
I think the OP was referring to factory LED headlights.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I understand j - I was not aware that they offered an upgrade to the headlights as well.
I'm pretty sure they don't. :) They offer LED work lights. Headlights are halogen. Some folks have replaced the headlight bulbs with LED equivalents. Results can be mixed since the reflectors are designed for a halogen bulb, not a LED.

Reactions: Longhorn_007

·
Registered
346 Posts
As others have mentioned, LED worklights are available but I'm not aware of any LED headlights on the 2022 models. My 2022 2025R came with Halogen. I don't think this is necessarily a matter of being behind the times but rather a desire for Deere to offer a headlight type that generates enough heat to keep from icing over in cold climates. Asssuming that's a correct assumption, it may be rooted in a concern for road-going safety where turning on additional lighting is not permitted, so the headlights have to "just work" in all conditions. Just a guess on my part /shrug,

Reactions: chex313

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Brand new 2025R barely 10 hrs on it
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Tread Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Reactions: Volkemon

·
Registered
586 Posts
The headlights...a non issue.
The shoddy assembly and new garbage chinese hoses that are already cracking......now that's a big problem.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts