Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tractor Time With Tim posted a video today covering some neat things he saw at the Farm Progress Show. Relevant to this part of the forum is the section on the 1025R changes.

Looks like the big changes are:

• Factory optional single point quick disconnect.
  • LED headlights available.
  • Parking brake lever.
  • Additional breakouts for switches for add-ons.

Probably one other thing I missed there.

I'm going to be honest and everything I saw looked good except for the factory quick disconnect. If you get it then they eliminate the single disconnects and run hardlines to the single disconnect point. There's nothing to hold the lines in place though but I'm sure something could be fabricated to go around the hardlines. I'm not sure if the Kubota single point quick disconnect is the same way.

Anyone else see that part of the video and have thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,580 Posts
Not sure the parking brake placement makes sense. Also didn't like the hard line routing for the single point. Seems there should be some sort of trim plate at the floorboard to make it look more professional. I really like the fender switch pod.

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,493 Posts
Not sure the parking brake placement makes sense. Also didn't like the hard line routing for the single point. Seems there should be some sort of trim plate at the floorboard to make it look more professional. I really like the fender switch pod.
Agreed Mark, those were my exact thoughts when watching it.

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I liked the LED lights and new knockouts for added switches.
I know the control switch for the TKV20 / MC2120 fits those Deere knockouts perfectly, I used the one on the dash of my 2025R for mine. The other thing that came to mind was Tims summit hydraulic kits. The switches in those summit kits should also be an ideal fit and slick factory looking location for those switches.

I am curious seeing those new knockouts, if Deere is not going to start offering some of their own rear hydraulic options. ?

Reactions: Hoosier Daddy

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the parking brake lever would be great. I’ve finally quit reattaching the orange lever the rod. It works 2 or 3 times and comes off again. It’s not a very good design.

Reactions: ClydeLogan

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmmm I could get used to a parking brake that was one motion to engage. I’m not a fan of two motions for the parking brake. It would be really great if it was moved higher so that a person could reach around while on the backhoe and operate it.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Should be on while using the backhoe. Don’t tell me your pushing yourself forward with your bucket. It’s not a full sized backhoe. Good way to taco a ram

Reactions: DRobinson and Big

·
Registered
67 Posts
If they want to improve something on the 1025R, let them fix the ROPS. The forward leaning one sucks !!!

Why can't they just put a straight ROPS on it that will fold down to a vertical position and if you want the forward leaning one offer it. Folding it so it will only go to the horizontal position just makes it in the way of trying to attach implements to your 3 point while in the garage.
What a lousy design.

Rant over.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Long as they don't just change for the sake of change it is fine. The new Air Filter, stupid way to open the hood are just two flubs that come to the tip of my tongue. If thet fix something, make it better not worse. Young engineers are not always better engineers. This ain't a Buick concept car you see advertised. Has to work a long time and doesn't need to be glitzy.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,175 Posts
Hopefully, the new LED headlights mounting hardware is shortened to reduce the need to remove either the mounting studs or one light when its time to replace the tractor battery. Ideally, the new design gets the long mounting studs out of the way so you don't have to work around those or remove one lights studs to easily replace the battery and keep the skin and tissue on your forearms........

That Parking brake lever looks like its going to be hard to reach when seated, its awfully low and forward. Personally, I have never had a problem with the current brake set up and use it all of the time............

The support bracket added to the loader mounting frame of the 120R to "support" the hard lines exiting under the operator platform is not mounted squarely to the casting on the loader frame. Also, it would appear that if you do go with the factory single point hydraulic connection, its really going to make putting on a 3rd function diverter valve "difficult" and limit line routing, etc. Much of the Artillian diverter valve mounts right where the single point is, and that area is already pretty tight......

·
Registered
2022 1025r
57 Posts
I don't know if it's now standard equipment, or a factory installed option, but I did notice the addition of metal guards around the ROPS lights. My 2022 doesn't have them, and I would have thought they would be a dealer installed option if purchased.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Much of the Artillian diverter valve mounts right where the single point is, and that area is already pretty tight......
I have the Artillian diverter and single point. In that set up, the diverter goes on the outside which I am not a fan of, but there is no other way and how the instructions show. I haven’t come close to hitting or scraping it but there is zero protection if something were to happen. Also note the hose routing, I had a heck of a time finding the ideal angle since the diverter is turned around 180 degrees from a normal install, lifting the loader at times would loosen the connections. I think I have finally found the sweet spot.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Crankset

·
Registered
2022 1025r
57 Posts
I do like my single point, but it does make it much harder to remove the side panel. I also wish that it would account for the front 3rd function. Not convinced that I would purchase it again.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Removing a headlight once every 6 years to change the battery is not a big deal for me. But the parking brake handle coming detached from the rod, and having to partially disassemble the console to repair it is a pain in the ass. I have had to do it 5 times now, and buy replacement plastic connectors each time. I like the lever operated parking brake on the new model. It may be poorly placed for some, but anything in the parking brake area is a step forward IMO.

I wonder if Deere would offer to pay for the 2 12-foot metal pasture gates the tractor has bent rolling into them during those times I was without an operating parking brake? And no, before anyone suggests this, I did not have an implement or loader on the tractor to drop on the ground as a substiture brake - I was mowing with the MMM.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
I don't know if it's now standard equipment, or a factory installed option, but I did notice the addition of metal guards around the ROPS lights. My 2022 doesn't have them, and I would have thought they would be a dealer installed option if purchased.
They are optional. I'm sure the dealer could install them at purchase time or you can purchase and install them yourself. They are VERY easy to install.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,175 Posts
So does mine

For those who don't have the switch knock outs in the RH side fender insert, you can order the part which comes with the knockouts, like the 2022+ MY machines which now include them. For about $40, you can swap out the insert to the new style fender insert.

For the complexity of the part, the $40 price almost seems like a mistake.....the part which it replaces, without the knockouts, sells for $78.92......

Product Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

The inserts swap into the fenders on any 1025r including both the first and second generation 1025r tractors as the base fenders are the same on all of the 1025r offerings.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts