Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've yet another Gen 1 2025R with major carnage. MFWD output shaft sheared off inside trans case. Kept operating and gear acted like a milling machine and cut through trans center case just aft of mid pto drop box. Pretty cool. Covered under extended warranty. Problem is.. no center cases in system. Someone will be eating shavings and crapping one I guess! Pics of carnage to follow.
This commercial customer bought 3 2 series tractors. 2 Gen1 and 1 Gen2. They are very hard on their stuff. Less than 400 hrs on em all and all have had major failures. We keep fixin and Deere keeps payin.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. Tractor has loaded turf tires, two weights per rear wheel, loader and sometimes mower deck. I-match and usually a box blade. They really abuse all their stuff then cry when it's down. They took a used 1025R as a loaner. No telling what that will look like when it comes back!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
couldn't that hole be welded/heliarced ? ...looks like a non critical area aside from oil loss..

·
Registered
420 Posts
It almost looks like it was cut off with a saw. How did it shear off and not leave a more ragged edge?

Are they really that hard on equipment or is that shaft not up to snuff? Can't imaging it would shear off so clean...but I'm no metallurgist or mechanic. :dunno:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts