Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2025r 62d mower deck has been mowing very nice up until i got the tractor back from jd last week. Not sure if they moved the hangers or what. But any way it seems to cut lower on the left side now and maybe other issues im not sure of. Also when i use the knob height adjuster on the tractor to set the cut height i usually use the 2 highest settings and have the one i used the most marked with a black marker dot. Is that knob very consistant? Because it seems like the dot is now between two settings and now its either cutting too short or too long where it misses grass because the suction is lost when the deck is one setting too high.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?
Well i think i got it adjusted level tonight. Seems good, ill know more once the grass grows some.
Now the main question i have is, is there a way to adjust where the deck height adjustment knob starts and leaves off? Right now i have to use the highest setting which cuts exactly at 3 inches. Then i can put it in the lock position and it will cut 4 inches but the deck looses most of its suction. Perfection would be 3.5 inches i think. So is there any way that i can change it so the useable area is more toward the middle of the settings instead of the last one?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sorry no one responded to this question. I think maybe we just need a bit more info. Also, pics are a great way to draw interest to a post. They also make it easier for others to diagnose the problem.

That being said, I assume your are using an independent lift for the deck with an adjustment knob/box up on the left fender?? If that is the case, I think I may know why the setting level is different now from before. Please confirm and I may have a possible answer. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i have the standard 2025r adjustment knob on the floor between my legs. Non independant lift.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I may be out on diagnosing this issue then as my 2520 has the hydraulic independent. Maybe this bump will get someone with that system to respond.

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts
Here's a link to the On-line Deck Installation Manual: OMLVU17638_G9

You should have received the hard copy with your literature package. I'm sure that if you read the installation and adjustment instructions you'll have a better understanding of what's required to operate the equipment to your satisfaction.

The "Upstop" adjustment is the most important step in determining and maximizing mowing height and range correlation to the adjuster knob.

Happy Mowing! :greentractorride:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yes, the upstop... Mine is 2 inches from touching when fully raised. And my hanger adjustment is all the way up.
Thanks for that link i need that. The manual link i had is different.

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
None of the manuals say it, but it looks like i would have to pull the c clips on the mower lift arms( ones that are on the tractor) that resemble the 3 point hitch arms and then rotate them up 1 or 2 teeth. Maybe more.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I have the same lift on my 2320. I don't use the depth know on the floor. I regulate the height with the rockshaft control lever.

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
yes, the upstop... Mine is 2 inches from touching when fully raised. And my hanger adjustment is all the way up.
Thanks for that link i need that. The manual link i had is different.
With what you are talking about our lifts are similar here. Those hanger brackets should end up 1/8"-1/4" from hitting the up stop. So yes, you will have to adjust something else to get those hangers into the correct position.

When I bought my 62D deck it came with an installation manual which goes over all these adjustments.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With what you are talking about our lifts are similar here. Those hanger brackets should end up 1/8"-1/4" from hitting the up stop. So yes, you will have to adjust something else to get those hangers into the correct position.

When I bought my 62D deck it came with an installation manual which goes over all these adjustments.
If you are able to get a pic of that page that would be very nice. Does it mention adjusting the parts by the rear of the 3ph?

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
I just looked in my mower manual. The one that superglidesport linked to in post #6 is the same as I have. It shows exactly how to do the adjustments you want under "Adjusting Mower Level Side to Side".

OMLVU17638_G9a8.jpg

So I would loosen the hanger brackets so they are about 1/2 way down on the threads, then adjust them up like the diagram shows so the hangers are 1/4" below the up stops. Then you can measure/tweak for exact level by adjusting the hangers.

Also not that when you do these adjustments you very well might have to adjust your front hanger to get the proper level front to back (blade tips should be 1/4" higher in the back than front).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I just looked in my mower manual. The one that superglidesport linked to in post #6 is the same as I have. It shows exactly how to do the adjustments you want under "Adjusting Mower Level Side to Side".

View attachment 189954
That deosnt even come close to adjusting it any more. The adjusters (yokes) are maxed out. (b and c in your pic) But im thinking the yoke in the top of your pic thats unlabled may be what i will adjust next.

·
Registered
23,247 Posts
That deosnt even come close to adjusting it any more. The adjusters (yokes) are maxed out. (b and c in your pic) But im thinking the yoke in the top of your pic thats unlabled may be what i will adjust next.
Yeah - looks that way from here. You will want to back off those yokes some so they aren't maxed out if you can get enough adjustment from the upper yokes.

Looks like you might be better off starting from scratch - but I'm sure those yokes weren't maxed out in the beginning. I remember when I initially installed mine it needed very little adjustment anywhere. Somewhere along the line someone somewhere did an awful lot of adjustment on those parts to be maxed out.

Take a deep breath and go at it methodically. If you are anything like me something like this can become frustrating very quickly......

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah - looks that way from here. You will want to back off those yokes some so they aren't maxed out if you can get enough adjustment from the upper yokes.

Looks like you might be better off starting from scratch - but I'm sure those yokes weren't maxed out in the beginning. I remember when I initially installed mine it needed very little adjustment anywhere. Somewhere along the line someone somewhere did an awful lot of adjustment on those parts to be maxed out.

Take a deep breath and go at it methodically. If you are anything like me something like this can become frustrating very quickly......
I agree they did terrible job. I maxed them out by only turning them 1.5 turns from what they were.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I have the same lift on my 2320. I don't use the depth know on the floor. I regulate the height with the rockshaft control lever.
That should be depth knob. Must have had a dumba$$ attack.

Reactions: aaronmach1

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well adjusting the 3rd yoke didnt help. I got a half turn out of it and its maxed out also. Bad design john deere. So on the highest setting i get 4 inch cut and the 2nd to highest i get 3 1/8 inches high cut. So i will have to live with that or just use the depth control setter on the 3ph lever instead of the cut height knob.
Things i learned while messing with it tonight:

1: The deck will raise higher than i ever thought which will allow the deck into more of the lock area on the height knob. Which then the deck will not lower at all when dropping the 3ph. Much nicer than before for transpot etc. when i thought i had it locked and it dropped some when lowering the 3ph. And with it fully locked i can get about a 5.5 inch cut. In order to lock it this high you have to momentarily hold the rockshaft (3ph) raise lever past level 9 then release it back to 9. It lifts the 3ph about 1.5 inches higher or little more.

2: when the 3ph is lifted to its highest point like i just mentioned, the deck height knob can then be turn 360 degree around and around and around. Just thought that was worth mentioning.
So for those complaining their decks dont lock up high enough or their arms dont lift out of the way high enough when the mower isnt in use, Try this and actually lock your deck higher out of the way!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts