Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 2025R and would like to install a block heater. Deere list tow parts: BLV10640 and AR87184. They look like they install at different places on the engine. Does anyone know what's the differences between the two kits?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
One is the heater coil. The other should be the engine block adapter that the heater screws into.

Reactions: wildbranch2007

·
Registered
606 Posts
It looks to me like the BLV10640 is for the Gen 1 2025R and the AR87184 is for your Gen 2 2025R.

This page in the JD Parts Catalog shows the parts needed for the Gen 2 (2018 on) 2025R. It appears the adaptor bolts to the block and the heater unit threads into it.

Edit: A little more looking around shows that one part is listed as a coolant heater and the other as a block heater and if you search by part number it seems to show that both parts could go on either generation. Kind of confusing. I think I would go with the AR87184 and associated installation parts. That is what is on my 2020 machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like the AR87184 attaches to the top front of the motor above the fan. Most of the youtube vids installing the BLV10640 being installed on the left hand side of the motor and down low. Since heat rises, I would think you would want it low. Additionally, JD Parts Cat. shows BLV10640 as a complete set where the Parts diagram shows AR87184 as just the heating element (cable and tag as individual units). Thinking that BLV10640 is the full kit.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,865 Posts
As far as mounting "low" with heat rising, you are heating coolant in a closed system so the heat will radiate through the coolant over time and heat the engine block. Just FYI, there are some block heaters which mount where a freeze plug is in the engine block and these are MUCH more involved to install. The block heaters which mount into the thermostat housing or water heater work just fine for starting the modern machines..............

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 2025R and would like to install a block heater. Deere list tow parts: BLV10640 and AR87184. They look like they install at different places on the engine. Does anyone know what's the differences between the two kits?

Looking on John Deere Parts Catalog it looks like AR87184 is the heater part while BLV10640 is the kit. I ended up buying AR87184 and the cord seperatly from loacal dealer. Problem i have is when i type my serial number into JD Parts Catalog it shows me that heater goes in back of block but if i view instruction manual it shows my 2032R goes in the side of block. Just confused with the contradicting pieces. The back of block i can see where adapter would bolt on but there is a solid inset circle plug that doesnt seem to be removable. Which of two spots does it go??
Font Terrestrial plant Rectangle Screenshot Circle
Font Parallel Engineering Diagram Screenshot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking on John Deere Parts Catalog it looks like AR87184 is the heater part while BLV10640 is the kit. I ended up buying AR87184 and the cord seperatly from loacal dealer. Problem i have is when i type my serial number into JD Parts Catalog it shows me that heater goes in back of block but if i view instruction manual it shows my 2032R goes in the side of block. Just confused with the contradicting pieces. The back of block i can see where adapter would bolt on but there is a solid inset circle plug that doesnt seem to be removable. Which of two spots does it go?? View attachment 819408 View attachment 819409
the circle Plug you are talking about in the back of the block (1st Photo/ Schematic) is a Freeze Plug. You will have to knock it inwards at one edge in order to dislodge it then take vice grips (or some kind of holding tool) and pull that plug out sideways. its a thin enough metal that will allow you to do this. once out, you bolt on the adapter then thread in your heater element. Job complete. i suggest you assemble the heater element and adapter prior to attaching it to the block since it might be a confined space. there is a Video on YT with a guy doing this to a 1025 or 2025. its the same process no matter what engine size you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts