Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Adding a drop in cab (I refer to it as a fish bowl) to my 2025R. What cm I expect for the way the tractor handles? Do I need to add weight to the front of the tractor even with the bucket still on the unit when no implements are connected to the 3 point?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Adding a drop in cab (I refer to it as a fish bowl) to my 2025R. What cm I expect for the way the tractor handles? Do I need to add weight to the front of the tractor even with the bucket still on the unit when no implements are connected to the 3 point?
I have about 5 minutes of experience in a 2025 with a mauser cab, so qualify my response with that.

Overall it felt a bit more tippy than a non cab 1025 which I have a fair bit of experience with. The mauser cabs add about 500 lbs to the base weight of the machine, but I would expect you will need more counterbalance weight than just the cab for loader work. The manual for the 2025/120r loader calls out 800lbs of three point ballast required for loader work.

From experience with a 1025 the loader becomes pretty anemic without any rear ballast. You cant dig or bite into the ground nearly as well as you can with additional weight.

For the tippy feeling most people suggest wheel weights, rimguard, and spacers.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
No need for front weight. And the cab helps offset the loads in the bucket compared to a tractor without the cab.

You will benefit from wheel spacers tremendously on the tractor. The center of gravity is noticeably higher on the tractor with the cab on it. If you work on any side hills or grades, you will be surprised at how much more top heavy the tractor is. This can be offset with some Bro Tech Wheel spacers. I just ordered a set of the 3" spacers and they are a very nice product and very well made.

In fact my wife asked me "Why do they make them so nice looking and polished and shiny when no one is going to see them?" I explained its a function of making the pieces in the machining process which makes them look so nice.....The hardware included is top quality as well.

I avoid ANY side hill arrangements or use of my tractor as the feeling is quite unnerving when you feel the high center of gravity. i just bought a set from Bro-Tek and they are very nice, the owner, Richard was great to deal with and I will be posting a review of the Bro Tek spacers after I install them tomorrow......so stay tuned.

Their website doesn't list all of their products. Contact Richard via email and he can help you with any questions. He sent my spacers out the same day ordered and they were packed extremely well,

Bro-Tek

I think the total price including shipping was $330..............and they were packed so they couldn't have been damaged.

I have waited too long to get these and now I am looking forward to improved stability. 3" spacers are pretty significant on these small machines

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts