·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,794 Posts
It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor, would like one someday...
wonder what dealership you had such good service And pricing. As at least one person said, harder to find now a days. I have many more bad stories than good regarding JD dealers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here are some quick pictures.

The "ROPS" sign hangs down from the bottom of my garage door when it is open (laminated, hooks inside when closed so it is off the floor). This SHOULD help me remember to fold the ROPS down before hitting the eve.

The side view is there for new paint. Just not enough time after work to spend much time, but did get Ken's Bolt on Hooks and differential pedal installed. Also Heavy Hitch tooth bar and grab handler on the left loader mast. Next week should be better, taking a few days off.

The third is the ballast box. The baby blue on the bottom are two 135 lb. wheel weights from a JD 7700 combine (painted blue to match pickup where they are used for weight in the winter inside the box). The yellow are 6 craigs-list find wheel weights for the 2025r which fit well in the ballast box (2 also on the rear wheels). Total = 135 * 2 + 72 * 6 = 702 lbs. + box and iMatch quick hitch really squats the rear tires

One find: I could not find the differential lock pedal to install Ken's addition...When the dealer put the trim back on in front of and below the seat, they left the shaft (pedal) behind the trim pointing up at about 45 degrees. Good thing as the two large bolts holding the trim from the top were not tightened, just sitting in their holes loose. Somehow, a zip tie "fell into place on a switch" near the reverse pedal linkage while the trim was off...must have been good luck that I dropped it and it got tightened right there LOL RIP-RIO.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Looks awesome, I remember when my toothbar looked like that 😎

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
The Rops sign is awesome. I'm guessing you have read that accident a bunch on GTT

Reactions: cc1999 and jdmich

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks good, I was recently thinking of trading in my 2011 2320 for this model. I decided to wait for now and I'm in the process of buying a 220R for it. The only problem I may have going forward is I don't think the 220R will fit the 2025R. So it would force me to get a 3 series I suppose. Good luck and post often.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The Rops sign is awesome. I'm guessing you have read that accident a bunch on GTT
Yes, I have read about running the ROPS into eves, seen videos, etc. Even scarier is catching on a low tree branch, front end lifting, tractor tipping over backwards (remember FFA videos from the 70's and early 80's).

I have trimmed all but 3 trees in my yard to 9 feet or more for the lowest branches. 2 pine trees which reach to the ground, no risk of ROPS damage (1 in the background of the picture above I can mow under with my 445 without ducking (about 7 foot clearance in the middle, one gap wide enough to drive in without toughing anything. I also have 1 pin oak with a branch that is just 7' 6" off the ground...will go next year, but with oak wilt, I cannot cut it until winter.

Luckily, my house was built in 1875 so most of my trees are mature and large enough to prune WAY off the ground...LOL.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Nice 👍 Congrats & enjoy.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks good! Be sure to set your deck adjustment all the way up after removing the deck so that the linkage doesn't hang low like it is in the side shot picture and get damaged.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks good, I was recently thinking of trading in my 2011 2320 for this model. I decided to wait for now and I'm in the process of buying a 220R for it. The only problem I may have going forward is I don't think the 220R will fit the 2025R. So it would force me to get a 3 series I suppose. Good luck and post often.
You're right that the 220r loader won't fit the 2025r but it will fit the 2032r and the 2038r.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Looks good! Be sure to set your deck adjustment all the way up after removing the deck so that the linkage doesn't hang low like it is in the side shot picture and get damaged.
THANK YOU! I noticed it hanging low and did not think about raising it (independent lift). I will lift it and lock it up when not using the mower. My plan is to have the mower attached only when mowing...no reason to beat it up when using the FEL.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Looks awesome, I remember when my toothbar looked like that 😎

Enjoy.
You should see the rock bucket (toothed) on our Bobcat 843B...no bends (homemade and too heavy to bend) but no paint either. Well used, never abused. LOL

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
THANK YOU! I noticed it hanging low and did not think about raising it (independent lift). I will lift it and lock it up when not using the mower. My plan is to have the mower attached only when mowing...no reason to beat it up when using the FEL.

Thanks again!
You're welcome! I know to lock it in the up position when deck is off but sometimes I still forget to do it 😖

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes, I have read about running the ROPS into eves, seen videos, etc. Even scarier is catching on a low tree branch, front end lifting, tractor tipping over backwards (remember FFA videos from the 70's and early 80's).

I have trimmed all but 3 trees in my yard to 9 feet or more for the lowest branches. 2 pine trees which reach to the ground, no risk of ROPS damage (1 in the background of the picture above I can mow under with my 445 without ducking (about 7 foot clearance in the middle, one gap wide enough to drive in without toughing anything. I also have 1 pin oak with a branch that is just 7' 6" off the ground...will go next year, but with oak wilt, I cannot cut it until winter.

Luckily, my house was built in 1875 so most of my trees are mature and large enough to prune WAY off the ground...LOL.
I took off the top section of my ROPS for mowing and the plowing that I have been doing. Now that I have a loader coming I will dust it off and put it back up there.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can't imagine "waiting for months" to get the new tractor. I thought having to wait my two weeks for my new 2025R a year ago was a long time! Congratulations for making it through.

No problems with it at all in the past year, so I expect you should have the same great experience with yours. While the tractor has not had any problems, the ROPS has found the rain gutter a couple times on my little shed, so I especially like your sign.

Have fun and take it slow at first. That machine will last many years so you have plenty of time to figure it all out. It might not last as long as your house has - 1875, wow that is cool. If you feel the need to post a few more pics of the shiny new tractor, maybe you could pose it with the house in the background. There are lots of neat old houses on the hills in a town (Astoria, OR) near where I live and they are so neat to see.

HAve fun!

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Looks great !!!
Thanks for posting the pics.

Love the ROPS sign!!! (y)

Reactions: trav
21 - 38 of 38 Posts