Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
59 Posts
I have a Gen1 2025R also. I cut an access hole in my cowling by the pedals. I was careful to make sure there were no electric wires behind were I was cutting . This lets me unbolt the metal panel to get to the U-joint. Then I purchased a 180 deg swivel grease coupler and ground a little bit off of the back of the coupler while at the desired angle. This grinding of the back helped greatly to reach and lock onto the u-joint fitting. For me it was worth the effort to do all of the above. Greasing once a season is easy for me now, before it was a pain in the a**. My 3D printed plastic cover was done before I retired and had access to a 3D printer.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Helmet Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headgear
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle part Vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
59 Posts
MTB98 - I did not take the CAD data with me when I retired. I will contact a former coworker to see if theres a chance the CAD data is still in their system. I will contact you if it is.

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
59 Posts
Cool what size hole is that and what did you use to cover it
[/QUOTE]
The cutout is approximately 3” x 6” and I made the plastic cover at work with a 3D plastic printer before I retired. If I were making a cover today, post retirement, I would cut a piece of 1/8” flat plastic stock to the profile and use #6 sheets metal screws to screw on.

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
59 Posts
Bobs2025R- I’m glad you got your needle tip grease gun attachment to work for you. I tried using the same and I thought the u-joint was taking grease but after looking at the joint closely I realized that the needle tip was just making a mess and not getting into the joint. When I switched to the 180 deg. swivel grease coupler with the locking jaws on it I could hear and visually see the grease getting were it needed to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts