Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post on this forum and I apologise if this information is somewhere else on the site.
My John Deere dealer cannot find part no.s for the air filter in the gen 2 so I was given the gen 1 air filter elements which do not fit. Can some please tell me the part no.s I require
Thankyou Aussieboy

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,340 Posts
You should be able to find the part number on the filter itself.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
LVU34503 outer filter, LVU34504 inner filter.

The inner filter doesn't require changing very often. Usually they are still clean even after the recommended 400 hour replacement. The part numbers are usually on a sticker on the side of the air canister. Not typically on the filters themselves if I recall.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Check the OM. It usually lists the replacement parts (filters, lights, etc.).

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,340 Posts
This link is wrong. It doesn't have the correct air filter numbers for the Gen-II.
Yeah I knew one of them was wrong that's why I posted two links and posted he should check for a part number on the existing filter.
This stuff drives me nuts, same model tractor different parts.

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
Agreed Keith. That quick sheet for filters has the same problem for the 1 series air filter. I'm not sure Deere ever corrected that either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LVU34503 outer filter, LVU34504 inner filter.

The inner filter doesn't require changing very often. Usually they are still clean even after the recommended 400 hour replacement. The part numbers are usually on a sticker on the side of the air canister. Not typically on the filters themselves if I recall.
They are the correct filters thanks have checked them against the installed filters

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After some frustrating visits to my local dealer they do not seem to be able to locate these filters. I was wondering where in Australia would be a good source for these filters
Thanks regards Neil

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2018 2025R Serial Number is 2025RAJJ104851. These parts manuals go by either the Model Year (-MY16, MY17-) or S/N HH100001 - JJ103920 or JJ103921-. All the existing filters on my machine match with the Model Year (MY17-) page dated January 2020. The one dated January 2021 does not match what I have if using Serial Numbers ABOVE JJ103921. So I guess I have a bastardized production machine.🤪 Never trust John Deere parts documentation unless you like making trips to the dealer...

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
After some frustrating visits to my local dealer they do not seem to be able to locate these filters. I was wondering where in Australia would be a good source for these filters
Thanks regards Neil
We have a few members from Australia that may be able to help. Member @John 54 is one that comes to mind. I believe his is an older 1025, like mine... around a 2014 or 2015. I don't know if he has changed his air cleaner or not to the 'new' style, which is the same air canister you have.

We found out that the filter elements of the 'old' style 1025 air cleaner are used in some zero turn mowers, with Kawasaki engines I believe. There's a chance the new style may be used in similar applications too. Something to think about.

Reactions: John 54

·
Registered
493 Posts
We have a few members from Australia that may be able to help. Member @John 54 is one that comes to mind. I believe his is an older 1025, like mine... around a 2014 or 2015. I don't know if he has changed his air cleaner or not to the 'new' style, which is the same air canister you have.

We found out that the filter elements of the 'old' style 1025 air cleaner are used in some zero turn mowers, with Kawasaki engines I believe. There's a chance the new style may be used in similar applications too. Something to think about.
Hi kylew
Yes my 1025R is a 2014 model it still has the original air filter assembly installed in it. I check the mounts once a week, the tractor has nearly 700 hours on it. I replaced the air filter last year and purchased it from my local dealer, it was in stock.
Regards John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts