Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever my new 2025R gets here (delayed by weather of course) it will have the third SCV rear hydraulic outlets on it. I am going to use it primarily for a hydraulic top link. The way things are starting to get scarce and more expensive (on a daily basis it seems), I would like to go ahead and get it ordered.

I know that the lift arm linkages are longer on the 2025 than those on the 1025, but is the top link longer as well? Anyone know the fully retracted length, pin hole to pin hole, of the top link for the 2025R??

Thanks muchly in advance!

TRRW

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here you go. This is the link that came with my 2025r. It's not quite fully retracted but close. It will shorten about about another inch making it 20" pin to pin.

I bet you're anxious for that machine to get there! How much prep time will you have to wait for when the dealer gets it to the shop? I waited about two weeks before seeing mine and then a few more days for the extra SCV, 4in1 bucket lines, and a hydraulic thumb for the backhoe to get installed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Lot of guys, including myself, have replaced the factory top link with a shorter one. Especially if you plan to use a quick hitch with extended hook. It also gives your implements a little more lift. Replacing the stationary side link with another adjustable side link along with the shorter top link makes the 2025R hitch much more versatile. Is it perfect? No! But it’s much better. if I got a hydraulic top link I’d make sure it closes less than 20 inches.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Here you go. This is the link that came with my 2025r. It's not quite fully retracted but close. It will shorten about about another inch making it 20" pin to pin.

I bet you're anxious for that machine to get there! How much prep time will you have to wait for when the dealer gets it to the shop? I waited about two weeks before seeing mine and then a few more days for the extra SCV, 4in1 bucket lines, and a hydraulic thumb for the backhoe to get installed.
I still have my 1023E until the new one gets here - haven't gotten to use it the past couple of weeks because it stayed in the low teens and single digets (both + and -) and, being oblivious to what could be coming, I never thought about getting any anti-gel diesel additive... like dozens of posts here told me to...

My dealer is a very large Ag tractor seller, and this time of year is the slowest for them - they struggle finding things for their mechanics to do. He told me that he would call me when it arrives, and will bring it to me "a couple of days" after that.

Lot of guys, including myself, have replaced the factory top link with a shorter one. Especially if you plan to use a quick hitch with extended hook. It also gives your implements a little more lift. Replacing the stationary side link with another adjustable side link along with the shorter top link makes the 2025R hitch much more versatile. Is it perfect? No! But it’s much better. if I got a hydraulic top link I’d make sure it closes less than 20 inches.
That was my thinking as well - IIRC, the top link on my 1023 is about that same length... I was thinking that the 18"min. X 26" max cylinder would be about right...? Have you ever found that you needed a longer top link than you have now?

Also, would you have a part # for the adjustable left linkage?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

I still have my 1023E until the new one gets here - haven't gotten to use it the past couple of weeks because it stayed in the low teens and single digets (both + and -) and, being oblivious to what could be coming, I never thought about getting any anti-gel diesel additive... like dozens of posts here told me to...

My dealer is a very large Ag tractor seller, and this time of year is the slowest for them - they struggle finding things for their mechanics to do. He told me that he would call me when it arrives, and will bring it to me "a couple of days" after that.

That was my thinking as well - IIRC, the top link on my 1023 is about that same length... I was thinking that the 18"min. X 26" max cylinder would be about right...? Have you ever found that you needed a longer top link than you have now?

Thanks again.
I have never needed it to be longer

Reactions: WestTexasFarmBoy

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only thing I put on the 3-pt (so far) is a 647 tiller and the link in the picture is set as I use it for that. As you can see it could go considerably longer but not much shorter, so I think if your hydraulic link starts out a couple inches shorter it would be ideal.

I'm thinking about replacing the fixed side link with an adjustable one, too, so the tiller can be raised a little higher off the ground when full up. It probably can't go up much without binding the drive shaft u-joints but another inch or so would be a big help for getting it out of the way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing I put on the 3-pt (so far) is a 647 tiller and the link in the picture is set as I use it for that. As you can see it could go considerably longer but not much shorter, so I think if your hydraulic link starts out a couple inches shorter it would be ideal.
Thanks for that information. Is my browser being inadequate, or did you not attach the picture you referred to?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,...........

Thanks again.
I'm thinking about replacing the fixed side link with an adjustable one, too, so the tiller can be raised a little higher off the ground when full up. It probably can't go up much without binding the drive shaft u-joints but another inch or so would be a big help for getting it out of the way.
I found this thread that contains the part # and more good info:

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Subscribed. I need to order one for my 2025R.
Very interested in what you end up buying.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the one I ordered:
AMA USA Category 1 Hydraulic Top Link, 18-1/8 - 26-3/8 in., 6003 https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ama-usa-category-1-hydraulic-top-link:-18-1-8-26-3-8inl

Tractor Supply no longer carries the hose kit however, so I ordered it from Agristore:

They have the exact same cylinder for the exact same price:

I went with Tractor Supply because of the free ship-to-store. I have a store about 35 miles from my house, which is pretty much next door in this part of the country.

Reactions: cc1999
1 - 10 of 10 Posts